PDA

View Full Version : MYW Number of Days Package Question; please advise...

deva
12-04-2007, 11:25 AM
If I'm purchasing a MYW package for my party, do they all need to have the same amount of days? Can one person buy a 4-day package and one just buy a 1-day (this person already has non-expiring days from another trip left over)?

If we have to buy the same amount of days, can one of the people add-on days at the hotel?

tennantsrwe
12-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey.
It's my understading that if your party consists of 8 people, for example, all 8 people must have the same package if it's only one ressie. For instance, I think if you want 5 days then everyone in the party has to have 5 days. If you want dining, they whole party has to have the dining option. You aren't able to pick and choose too much. It's the same with adding the Park Hopper, Water Park, etc. options. As far as adding additional room only days you will probably have to make that a seperate ressie and then have your MYW ressie and room only ressie linked by a CM. Hope this helps!

DizneyRox
12-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Option B

Get the least number of days that EVERYONE needs, and if others need/want more days, upgrade their tickets after you check in. At that point all tickets are seperate and can be upgraded, to whatever you really need.

At check-in everyone on the reservation has to have the same options. DDP, MYW tickets, etc.

deva
12-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Option B; that's what I meant by add-on days at the hotel. So, you're saying that ONE person could add 3 days & no-expiration, while the other does not?

Can someone confirm this? Has anyone done this?

Thank you

DizneyRox
12-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Option B; that's what I meant by add-on days at the hotel. So, you're saying that ONE person could add 3 days & no-expiration, while the other does not?

Thank you
That is what I'm saying... Confirmed!

CleveRocks
12-04-2007, 04:46 PM

Thank youDizneyRox has it 100% correct.

When reserving a package, everyone on the reservation must have exactly the same entitlements (Dining Plan [if applicable], number of days of park tickets). However, starting one second after check-in is accomplished, anyone in the party is free to upgrade their park tickets to the number of days they really want.

So like I said, Rox has the right idea. If most of you want 5 days but one or two of you need only one day, then you should reserve a package in which ALL individuals reserve a 1-day ticket. Then, after check-in, the affected individuals can upgrade their park tickets right there at their resort (unless they are upgrading to Annual Passes, which must be done at a park or Downtown Disney).

And the good news is, upgrading a ticket costs no more than reserving it in advance -- there is no discount for buying more days up-front, and no penalty for adding days after check-in.

CleveRocks
12-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Just for clarification, let me point out that the same is NOT true for the Disney Dining Plan. The DDP cannot be added (or subtracted) after check-in. The DDP truly is and remains an all-or-nothing entitlement.

WishingStar2006
12-04-2007, 05:47 PM
and, I think that the DDP has to be purchased at least 10 days in advance of your arrival...you cannot purchase it a check in...

someone can come along and verify but I think that is correct.

CleveRocks
12-05-2007, 01:30 PM
and, I think that the DDP has to be purchased at least 10 days in advance of your arrival...you cannot purchase it a check in...

someone can come along and verify but I think that is correct.
Correct.

I think it's more like about 5 days in advance, but the point remains that NO ONE can buy the DDP at time of check-in ... it must be done in advance.