PDA

View Full Version : Hayden's Magical Character Menagerie Day 2

Hayden's Dad
12-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Monday Nov. 26 Day-2

Well this was our first actual vacation day. We got up early and were checked in at AllStar Movies by 7:00 am, and lo and behold our room was ready, but since we were not expecting it we left our luggage in the car and headed on to the park.
This was our day at the Studios, but first we had to get Hayden's hair cut. It was really long, down past his collar and way to many people were confusing him with a little girl, but we wanted to wait until we could have it done at the Harmony Barber Shop. So off to MK we go we are there really early waiting to get in and while we were there we did a little shopping my DW found a large Golden Key for the Magic Kingdom for me it is awesome. I now have my very own key to Magic Kingdom.
Anyway, when the rope dropped we headed straight for the barber shop and actually got there a few minutes before they opened so we hung around and waited. I am glad we did because as we waited the line just kept getting longer and longer. Once in I helped him while DW took pictures the barber did a great job and even used the clippers on the back of his head and neck and he didn't seem to mind a bit.
Once we finished we wisked ourselves to the TTC and hopped a bus to the Studios. I think we got there around 11:00. To be honest this is not my favorite park especially since Sorcerer Mickey is not making an appearence right now, but there is some great characters to be found. We headed over to The Magic of Disney Animation. We watched the show with Mushu and then ehaded over to where you could meet Remy and Emile after them we walked up the stairs and waited for the Incredibles. While waiting Frozone made a surprise appearance so we got pictures with him and then a few minutes later Mr and Mrs Incredible came out. They were a lot of fun.
After that we headed over to the hat to try and catch some of the other characters, we got in line to see Donald and Daisy together. The CM monitoring the line saw Hayden's Guest Service pass and pulled us out of line so we did not have to wait. Donald and Daisy were great, they both fawned all over Hayden. We tried to get in the other character lines, but they had already been closed so we headed over towards the streets of America. Along the way we got to meet both Sulley and Mike. We tried to get in line for Lightning and Mater, but they were already closed too. So we went around the bend and saw went on MuppetVision 3D. We love this movie. As we came out we jumped in line to see Woody and Buzz. We had a pair of inflateable Buzz Lightyear wings that we put on Hayden and the real Buzz loved them.
Now it was time for lunch, We ate at the Sci Fi Drive in. I love the atmosphere here and the food was good too. I had the Angus Burger and Eva had the Shrimp Penne Pasta.
After lunch we went and rode The Great Movie Ride. I like the ride, but it keeps having technical difficulties and we stalled in the Indiana Jones Room. Now our driver who was the bank robber at the time handeled it very well, unfortunately the people behind us did not. There two little girls were terrified because of all the snakes and instead of trying to calm them down they kept complaining to the driver and using some choice words that are not disney friendly, but he handled it well and corrected the father all the while staying in character, he even showed us the hidden R2-D2 and C-3PO that I did not know ere there I knew about Donald and Mickey, but not them so that was cool. We were soon enough on our way.
I hit StarTours while Eva and Hayden watched the Jedi Acadamey, well Eva watched Hayden slept. We kept having to make circles around this park and we ended up back where Lightning and Mater were going to be so we jumped in line and about two groups behind us they closed the line. Of course more people kept coming up and saying that it was their childs dream to see Lighting, and I am sorry, but if you know how important it is then you need to plan to be there well in advance, we were there 30 minutes before they showed up and were at the back of the line so the people at the front had been there for at least an hour. Anyway so we go to meet them and I have to say they are really cool. So we circled around again and started to make our way out we had dinner reservations at 1900 Park Fare.
Dinner was great. The food was okay, the room can get very loud, but the characters were phenomenal. Prince Charming and Cinderella were great, but Lady Tremaine Drizella,and Anastasia were wonderful. The interaction was great. Lady Tremaine loved the fact she had a huge piece of paper to sign, whiel Drizella kissed her signature for Hayden, and Anastasia kept running around the dinning room. They celebrated Hayden's birthday with a signed menu, a crown, and a cupcake. I would highly recommed this dinner.
After dinner we jumped the monorail to MK and then the bus back home. Tuesday is a huge day and I may have to break it into two parts. Talk to you then.

disneydrmr
12-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Sounds like Hayden had a character filled great day! Lots of great memories being made!

LibertyTreeGal
12-04-2007, 10:58 AM
You saw Frozone? Totally cool!

Glad you had so much fun at Park Faire, I laughed just picturing it!

KylesMom
12-04-2007, 11:03 AM
From start to finish, it sure was a great day! First at MK's Barber Shop, and then on to MGM where you were able to experience alot and meet so many characters! I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience at 1900 too!

Looking forward to the next report :mickey:

RedheadWriter
12-04-2007, 11:19 AM
another awesome day. can;t wait for the next reports!:D
Rachel

Jeff
12-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Good day!:thumbsup:
Thanks for the report.

AbeeNormal
12-04-2007, 12:52 PM
It sounds like you didn't miss a thing I am so glad, and thank heavens you waited in line for Hayden's haircut or who knows how long you would have been there. :thumbsup:

cal5755
12-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Awesome trip!! I am so glad all the happy memories made with Hayden!! Can not wait to hear more!!

mouseketeer mom
12-04-2007, 02:47 PM
I just read the other thread about your job troubles and I am so very glad you had this trip with Hayden. This trip belongs to your little family now, for always. I wish your family lots of unexpected joys in the future! Thanks for sharing your trip!

pdrlkr
12-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

joanna71985
12-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Sounds like you had an awsome day! Can't wait to read more.:)

faline
12-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Lots of lovely memories created on this day! The haircut must have been one of many special moments throughout the day!

dolphinmickey9170
12-04-2007, 11:32 PM
What a wonderful day full of characters!! Can't wait to read more.:mickey:

MsMin
12-05-2007, 10:15 AM
I think you saw more character's in one day than we saw in two trips!!! Sounds like a perfect day. So glad you have a wonderful time...

BronxTigger
12-06-2007, 06:36 PM
You really were having a wonderful trip. I'm off to read more...

BelleCiavo
12-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Love the MK Barber Shop. I'm glad you got to meet Lightning and Mater. :thumbsup: kind of day.
Karen

realtreebar
12-07-2007, 12:52 AM
thanks for sharing! "gotta love :mickey: "

amorillo
12-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Sounds like you had a great day! I'm off to read more.

ElenitaB
12-08-2007, 08:10 PM
What a great day! Glad you got to see Mater and Lightning. And dinner sounds like it was a LOT of fun.

Bethis26fan
12-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Sounds like a great day.

ChipnDaleGal
12-21-2007, 10:11 AM
I am glad that you were able to get the haircut taken care of, and your character quest seems to be off to a tremendous start! Thanks for reporting. :mickey: