PDA

View Full Version : LibertyTreeGal's Dining review

LibertyTreeGal
12-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Urgh, I hardly ate a thing today. I hate the sight of food....

But I did have an enjoyable time in WDW and only gained three pounds over 10 days. Just wanted to share my thoughts about where we ate and note any changes.

Day 1 -- Cosmic Rays, Chicken and Ribs platter. We shared a few of these and they were MUCH better than two years ago. They served them with these fresh green beans that were drenched in butter (yes, I ate them.... what I could get past my kids anyway...)

Dinner at Le Cellier -- a first for us. I had the duck confit, at the urging of our server Allan (he was awesome). Everyone at the table tried it and said they wished they had had it instead of the cheddar cheese soup, except for my son Andy who ate two bowls of it! For the entree, I had the filet, which was very nice, the other adults had the scallops, which they liked. My sons had the steak, which was very, very tender :thumbsup: Everyone but me had dessert, either the Chocolate Moose Mousse or the Whiskey Cake. Everyone went away very happy. I would probably do this again, but only after I tried a few other places.

Day 2 -- Flatbread grill -- I had an awesome chicken ceasar wrap in a whole wheat tortilla. MIL had the Greek salad, which was very good and DH and the boys shared a couple of plates of the grilled chicken and black beans.

Dinner -- 50's PTC -- this meal was simply wonderful! I had the fried herb cheese and the salmon, which was done just as I asked (no salt added). Matt had the meatloaf, which he devoured, and Andy had the salmon. DH is still raving about the pot roast. It was his favorite meal of the trip! And all of the servers were playing that night. One of the male servers was wearing horn rimmed glasses, so I teased him about Heroes. Our server, Oni, was superb! My boys are both in love -- tall, dark and gorgeous! I would definitely visit again over the other choices at MGM.

Day 3 -- Epcot day -- we used our CS credits (all 6 of them between us) to sample foods from each country. My favorite was the saki beef at Japan. yummy!!!

Dinner -- O'Hanas. The biggest disappointment of the trip. The meat was overdone, big time. I loved the salad and the coriander wings, but not enough to come back.

Day 4 -- AK day. Flame tree has gone downhill. I'd heard the reports and they are sadly true :(

Dinner at Bomas -- excellent as usual. But my FIL, a picky eater, came back from the buffet with mac and cheese and chicken nuggets! I force fed him prime rib and he went back and did a little bit better :rolleyes:

day 5 - MK day, back to Cosmic Rays for more of the same.

GF Afternoon Tea -- It was pure heaven. I had the Grand tea and DH had the Prince Edward tea. I would definitely do this 100 more times just to make sure I like it.

Dinner at Hoop Dee Doo. Chicken was not great, but the entertainment can't be beat. Great time had by all.

Day 6 -- Blizzard Beach -- Yucky counter service, don't even want to talk about it....

Dinner at Narcoosees -- very relaxed atmosphere. I had the filet (it cut like butter and tasted sooo incredibly good), the rest of the adults had the whole Maine Lobster. My appetizer was the endive and pear salad which was pure bliss... :cloud9: I had the key lime creme brulee for dessert and it was just okay, but I'm not a big creme brulee fan.

Day 7 -- lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. WAH! They've changed the menu too much. They changed the colony salad big time. They took my two favorite desserts -- the berry short cake and the pecan griddled pound cake, and combined them into a dessert that isn't as good as either one of them. No more salmon on pumpkin bread either. Not going again, which makes things a bit awkward with my intercot name being devoted to it....

No dinner, by this point I never wanted to eat again.

I'll post my Universal Orlando dining review in the other forum

mcb0420
12-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Thank you for your dining review. Have been worried about Flame Tree, have always looked forward to it. Am also concerned about O'hana's. We have never eaten there but have ADR's for this trip. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.:)

Jared
12-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews. Sounds like you had some great dining experiences! Sorry to hear you were disappointed by 'Ohana and Liberty Tree Tavern, but I'm sure Boma and Narcoossee's made up for any bad meals.

:D

JPL
12-04-2007, 12:57 PM
I have to say that Liberty Tree Tavern use to be my favorite restaurant on property until they introduced the Character Dining and the Family style dinner. I have eaten there a few times since the change over and will say each time I visited the food quality seemed to drop off a little.

Lessie
12-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks for sharing! :mickey: