PDA

View Full Version : How much do you tip?

IamaDisneyFan
12-03-2007, 04:43 PM
I received my "invitation to tip" from the paperboy in my Sunday paper. I only get the paper 1 day a week and did include a tip (approx $15) when I paid for the year in August. How much should I tip for an "end of year" gift?

RenDuran
12-03-2007, 05:32 PM
I gave our paper-girl $25 last year. There were a few mornings when my husband left for work at 3:30 and the paper was already in the box! We probably should have tipped more, but couldn't swing more than that.

TikiGoddess
12-03-2007, 09:48 PM
To be honest, we don't tip anything. We receive our paper 3x a week and quite often the paper is late and a few times it hasn't been delivered at all. Hmm... maybe if I left a tip we'd get better service... :crazy:

Kathy

merlinmagic4
12-03-2007, 09:53 PM
We get our town paper delivered twice a week. It is hand carried to our doorstep by a local boy. I gave him 20.00 last Christmas and I'd love to give him more but it will probably be the same this year. I also tip regularly with the automatic bill.

kakn7294
12-03-2007, 10:04 PM
I haven't decided yet what to do about a tip this year. We don't even know who our carrier is as nobody has made an effort to let us know. In the past, we've gotten a notice with at least a name and phone number but since our last regular carrier quit months ago, we haven't received anything about a steady carrier. We've never even seen anyone - I don't know if it's an adult or a kid, male or female, or even the same person day-to-day. I'm leaning towards no Christmas tip.

tinkerbell04
12-04-2007, 09:21 AM
I haven't decided yet what to do about a tip this year. We don't even know who our carrier is as nobody has made an effort to let us know. In the past, we've gotten a notice with at least a name and phone number but since our last regular carrier quit months ago, we haven't received anything about a steady carrier. We've never even seen anyone - I don't know if it's an adult or a kid, male or female, or even the same person day-to-day. I'm leaning towards no Christmas tip.

We are in very much the same boat. :mickey:

Ian
12-04-2007, 01:33 PM
I solved this dilemma by cancelling the paper and getting my news on the Internet. ;)

JPL
12-04-2007, 02:11 PM
I received my "invitation to tip" from the paperboy in my Sunday paper.

See right off the bat the invitation to Tip thing would lower the tip significantly or Eliminate it all together.

Crystal Palace
12-10-2007, 10:33 AM
These days it seems like everybody expects a tip from you. Well, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to tip the garbage man, or the newspaper man, or the person who reads the meter, etc. And frankly, I think it's tacky to guilt-trip people into tipping you. I don't get tips at my job!!! And I could sure use them! Maybe I should send out an administrative assistant "invitation to tip." LOL

MMouse6937
12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
I would like to give a card with a tip to my hairdresser, but I haven't seen her in months so she probably thinks I'm not going to her anymore (I'm just growing my hair out). I also tip very generously the girls who groom my dogs. These women are saints and they deserve a huge tip, plus more money for what they do. I actually stayed with them for a while when I dropped my dogs off one morning so I could help them brush my scooter (she's a little fraidy dog) and by the time I got home I was stunned that they do this every day. Yikes! I give them at least $30 each in a card. I don't get the newspaper, our garbage people just have a claw that picks up the trashcans, and if anything falls out or they knock them over, too bad, there's no way they get out, so no tip for them. I guess I don't have too many people to tip really. Thank goodness!

thrillme
12-10-2007, 03:32 PM
I really don't bother. My paper "person" is a faceless individual. I have no clue who they are. I know I don't always get my paper delivered (and the only one I care about is Sundays...). When I call to inform the "company" that my paper didn't make it...I'm told they can't get it out to me till a day or two. Pfft. Many times it gets tossed under my car and I either have to move my car to get it or crawl around on the ground.

I really ONLY want the SUNDAY paper (the only day I really have TIME to read it)...I start off paying for Sunday only...then I get "rewarded" for being a good customer and I get "weekends" free then I get "weeks" free...It's just something I have to throw out because I don't have time to read it.:mad: