PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with the Ipod Touch?

caryrae
12-03-2007, 12:47 PM
I bought my DW an Ipod Touch for Christmas and was wondering if anyone has one or used one and what you thought of it. She loves her Ipod Mini she has now but the battery is getting bad and doesn't last very long anymore. So I saw the commercial for the Ipod Touch and it looks awesome. I got her the 8gb one cause I couldn't afford the 16gb one but the 8gb is still bigger then the one she has now.

In case you don't know what the Ipod touch is, it's like the iPhone without the phone part.

Thanks

merlinmagic4
12-03-2007, 01:56 PM
I bought one for my DH for his birthday in October. I got the 8GB, too. He likes it a lot! We downloaded some of the kids' favorite shows for our plane trip to Disney. He has tons of music on it and some books, too.

I had wanted to get him an iphone because his phone is broken but we are locked in with Sprint so it didn't make sense. I thought the itouch was a great compromise!

Hope she loves it!

Flower
12-03-2007, 02:02 PM
I just bought the classic 160g, but I was torn between it and the iTouch.

I opted for the Classic because of the memory capacity, DH wanted me to get it so we could download movies/shows for our son to watch while we are on the move (including 22 hour drives to WDW, our van DVD player has almost had it!) Brandon is not yet 4 and he can figure the thing out TOO well, and he loves the Vortex game.

I am sure she will enjoy the iTouch! What a great gift!

caryrae
12-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks Guys!

I found hers at a great deal on a good website. They charged $283 and NO TAX and NO CHARGE FOR SHIPPING. I was looking at the ones with more memory but I thought with the things you can do with the Ipod Touch she would like it better. My main reason for getting that one was being able to get songs from iTunes right on the iPod Touch and we like going to youtube.com and the Ipod Touch has a special youtube player built in, all that using wi-fi.

Mufasa
12-03-2007, 03:58 PM
The iPod touch would fit a lot of people's needs as a PDA if Apple had included the mail app, google maps or even the stocks or weather widget.

They don't include those applications on the touch, even though it runs the exact same application framework as the iPhone- just a different UI (probably so as to further differentiate the iPhone and touch) although you can always jailbreak the touch and install those apps from an iPhone onto the iPod touch in which case it then makes a great portable device which is more than enough for some who want to use it as a PDA and don't need the phone functions (although Apple really needs to add copy/paste functionality to the iPhone and the touch!)

I get a lot of use out of my iPhone, although I have a few UI improvements that hopefully will find their way into the next version.

MsMin
12-03-2007, 06:33 PM
I had wanted to get him an iphone because his phone is broken but we are locked in with Sprint so it didn't make sense. I thought the itouch was a great compromise!
Hope she loves it!

Did you check into breaking the contract? It didn't cost my dd too much but then her IPhone was a gift from her company so if she spent 100-150 to break the contract it was well worth it w/ a free phone.
She loves her IPhone and uses it constantly (except in traffic). Her reception has improved- that was a big concern at first but we have no problems-- our entire family has sprint and we had problem @ first w/ dropped calls but it's stopped.

DisneyDudet
12-04-2007, 07:52 AM
I have no experience with the iPod Touch, but I've had two iPods, a 3rd Generation and the 30G Classic. Now, I recently found a REALLY good deal on a Microsoft Zune, which is basically a Window/ Microsoft version of the iPod. It is SO much better!! Its really amazing how the interface is so much better, and the uploading software is really great. The screen is bigger, and the quality is still the same. I like it a WHOLE lot better than the iPod.

So, if you are ever given a chance to try it out, do!

Glad you found a good deal!