PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone wear white capris in Dec in WDW?

Magic Smiles
12-03-2007, 11:48 AM
We leave in 1 day 18 hours and I am finally getting around to packing. Just wondering if I should pack my white capris. They have a tiny bit of black trim and I really like them. Is white a definite NO in December, even in Florida?

Christine
12-03-2007, 12:02 PM
I truly wouldn't worry about it! 1) you're on vacation! Do what you want! 2) you'll see MUCH bigger faux paus than that, so don't stress about it!

Be comfortable, be happy, and wear white! :thumbsup:

ToDisney
12-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Is white a definite NO in December, even in Florida?

We wear shorts and go swimming in December (in Florida) I think you will be fine.:thumbsup:
The fashion police go on vacation too!
:mickey:

SurferStitch
12-03-2007, 12:19 PM
White is not off limits anymore. It's acceptable any time of year...especially in Florida. Watch any fashion show on TV, and they'll say the same thing. Heck, I even just bought a brand new WINTER dress coat in.....SOLID WHITE! (Got it at White House/Black Market). White is not just a summer color anymore. I also love to wear white and bright colors in the winter up here in the north, because it sure can get dreary with no leaves or flowers growing.

Lord knows I drive my DH nuts with my wardrobe. Everything has to be perfect, and totally in style. My outfits have to always match, even if running to the corner store. I'm kind of a fanatic about that.

I wore white capris last December, and I'll be wearing mine again this December. I love them, and don't want to leave them at home.

RedheadWriter
12-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Wear white proudly! People won't even notice you being comfy. The strangest thing I saw was a lady walking in Epcot with heels, stockings and a mini skirt up to there hobbling around on feet that must have been aching after pounding the concrete for hours in stillettos. :rolleyes:

bleukarma
12-03-2007, 12:50 PM
People in FL wear white all year long...trust me! You'll be fine! :mickey:

BeccaO
12-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Trust me, I have always been a very careful person when it came to wearing white, I still am. I wear white between Memorial Day and Labor Day, no other time!!! Except when I am in Florida, and I will wear white pants or capri's or whatever when I am there in January. I always make the exception for Florida, because you can wear white all year around down there!!!! I have seen so many fashion no no's when at DW that it becomes a game to see how many goofy get-ups I can pick out!!! Just when I think it can't shock me anymore, someone totally takes the cake!!!! :mickey:

prprincess
12-03-2007, 01:43 PM
I was going to say absolutely not, but then I thought about all of the sloppiness that I see when I'm on vacay, so forget that. I'd rather see someone in white capris than a dirty, holey old T-shirt any day!

merlinmagic4
12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I say wear them!!!!! Who made up that rule anyway and why does it matter?:confused:

baby minnie's mommy
12-03-2007, 01:57 PM
White can be a nice color for Christmas! (Think snow!) ;)

If my white capris fit me, I would probably want to wear them in Dec. too! :thumbsup:

jray21
12-03-2007, 02:54 PM
If you do, just make sure you don't get lost when it starts snowing for the Osborne lights! Seriously though, you should have no problems at all. As mentioned before, the fashion police are definitely not at Disney World. Boy some of the outfits, or lack there of, are scary! Like the grizzly bear in a tank top last year whose crack caught more attention than the fireworks! And his shorts were really short running shorts (not during any sports events) and looked like he had falled out of Kali River Rapids and rolled in the Elephant mud pits! Sorry, bad memories. White capris will be fine.

jedigrrrl
12-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Every single show on TV about what to wear, makeovers, fashion, etc say that all the rules about wearing white are dumb and antiquated. Wear what you want WHEN YOU WANT. i live in Florida and wear white shorts all year long.

goofysbabe
12-03-2007, 03:25 PM
I wore my white capris in Dec. when we went. Don't think it really matters in Fla. and besides your on vacation - I don't think the fashion police will be following you around - they have much bigger fish to fry like the ones who are wearing high heels:confused:while tromping around the Magic Kingdom!

Lessie
12-03-2007, 08:01 PM
I hate to rain on everyone’s parade, but personally, I would not wear white capris in December, even in Florida. Yes, plenty of people wander around WDW wearing absurd things, but that doesn’t mean I am going to do it too.

I lived in Florida for many years and still live in a very warm area and have always tried to wear seasonally appropriate fabrics and colors. There is nothing wrong with capris, but why not khaki or black, instead of white or spring colors? I guess its different for those of us who are trying to actually have fall or winter clothes when its not really cold outside, but I wouldn’t even consider it this time of year. I do think that the old “rules” are outdated in terms of the exact dates for wearing white, (ie- if its 90 degrees a week before Easter I might break out my white skirts even though its against the “rules“) but its December! Summery, white clothes just don’t say “Happy Holidays” to me.

I guess I am in the minority on this one and I know I’m an extreme fashionista (I give a lot of thought about what I wear to the grocery store or Target) but I just cant support white this time of year! If this is a question you are thinking to ask and are concerned about then you will probably be happier wearing something else. On the other hand, if you are really comfortable in these capris, pack them and see how you feel when you get there. Either way, have fun!

Tigerinvestigator
12-03-2007, 09:16 PM
:crazy::donald::confused:

Donald duck is in serious trouble according to this thread!..Maybe that's why he's so hard to find in December! Seriously I may buy white pants for my whole family just to see how many people we can upset on vacation.:thumbsup:

Speedy1998
12-03-2007, 09:22 PM
2) you'll see MUCH bigger faux paus than that, so don't stress about it!

Your not kidding, I could not belive how many women I saw last summer wearing tube tops with a bra that had straps.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
12-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Two of my girl friends are coming with me in 13 days. I warned them that while I am on vacation I go for comfy and casual. Not sloppy or messy, just comfy. ;)

DH is used to me. In September I usually wear a nice short sleeve shirt, a pair of khaki shorts, comfy running style sneakers and a baseball cap.

The look will be pretty much the same this trip. Maybe minus the shorts depending on the weather.

Long story short...If you want to wear white capris and are comfortable in them, Go for it. It is your vacation after all. ;)

Have a great trip!!

IloveDisney71
12-03-2007, 11:17 PM
At Disney you can wear what you want. I wish some people would pay a little more attention to what they wear(skimpy)...but then again they do provide some extra "entertainment". White capris will be fine!

MsMin
12-03-2007, 11:40 PM
:jaw: sorry but if you wear white pants you will look like your are on vacation.... oh wait you are on vacation:blush:
As a rule I don't wear the summer colors in winter if I can help it. My navy & khaki shorts are my winter shorts. It was 80 here yesterday and tonight is dropping into the 30's- tomorrow will go up to the 60's. Point is we are used to the weather very similar (a little cooler at times)to the weather there so our apparel is lighter but WHO CARES. People can make foolish remarks anyway... One year it was in the 40's @ WDW and we were freezing and eating :bar: and someone came up to us and said you must be from the north eating ice cream in winter :confused:
Don't forget it can get COLD. When it's 80 and suddenly drops to 40 you can really feel it.
Have a great time and wear whatever feels great. Hope you have great weather too....

SurferStitch
12-04-2007, 07:05 AM
I hate to rain on everyone’s parade, but personally, I would not wear white capris in December, even in Florida. Yes, plenty of people wander around WDW wearing absurd things, but that doesn’t mean I am going to do it too.

I don't think I'd call white capris in December absurd attire.

But, to each his own. To me, wearing black and khaki all winter is absurd. :shrug:

Magic Smiles
12-04-2007, 08:17 AM
If you do, just make sure you don't get lost when it starts snowing for the Osborne lights!

Don't mention snow to me! We just had a HUGE dump of snow in the last 24 hours. Somewhere between 30 cm - 40 cm (12 - 16 inches). So glad we weren't flying out Monday morning. Well I had decided not to bring the white capris, due to too many clothes already in my suitcases - I don't travel lightly - but, now after reading all the comments, the white capris just might find their way into my suitcase. After all, really how much room does 1 more pair of capris really take?? If I have to pay for extra weight in my suitcase..........am I not worth it? It has been hard to pack for this trip as I have to take clothing for all weather conditions and I like to look nice especially during the Christmas season. We will be there for 16 nights and I CAN'T wear the same clothes every day! Just how would that look in the photos?
Thanks to everyone for their advice and all the humour. My last day of work before Disney has had a great start. See you all soon in the Wonderful World of Mickey. Just look for the white capris!
1st MVMCP - Thursday 6 Dec 07:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
12-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Don't mention snow to me! We just had a HUGE dump of snow in the last 24 hours. Somewhere between 30 cm - 40 cm (12 - 16 inches). So glad we weren't flying out Monday morning. Well I had decided not to bring the white capris, due to too many clothes already in my suitcases - I don't travel lightly - but, now after reading all the comments, the white capris just might find their way into my suitcase. After all, really how much room does 1 more pair of capris really take?? If I have to pay for extra weight in my suitcase..........am I not worth it? It has been hard to pack for this trip as I have to take clothing for all weather conditions and I like to look nice especially during the Christmas season. We will be there for 16 nights and I CAN'T wear the same clothes every day! Just how would that look in the photos?
Thanks to everyone for their advice and all the humour. My last day of work before Disney has had a great start. See you all soon in the Wonderful World of Mickey. Just look for the white capris!

OMG!! You sound EXACTLY like me!! :high5:

I take way too many clothes, rarely wear the same thing twice (sometimes jeans and shorts), and like to look nice while touring the parks because of the inevitable photos. My outfits, shoes and jewelry always have to coordinate. Hair and makeup are always done.

I have two large suitcases filled, but am trying to thin them out a bit. I have WAY too much to fit into my carry on...may have to transfer some into a regular suitcase.

At least I still have tonight and all day tomorrow to work it out! (This is also my last day of work). :secret:

ToDisney
12-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Well I had decided not to bring the white capris, due to too many clothes already in my suitcases - I don't travel lightly - but, now after reading all the comments, the white capris just might find their way into my suitcase. After all, really how much room does 1 more pair of capris really take?? If I have to pay for extra weight in my suitcase..........am I not worth it?

See you all soon in the Wonderful World of Mickey. Just look for the white capris!

:woohoo:Way to go!!!

bleukarma
12-04-2007, 01:13 PM
I do think that the old “rules” are outdated in terms of the exact dates for wearing white, (ie- if its 90 degrees a week before Easter I might break out my white skirts even though its against the “rules“) but its December!

Well, it was 80 degrees here yesterday so...that means wearing white is ok?

Seriously, I've lived in Florida for most of my life and I have also lived in the north. Up north those rules are taken more seriously. Down here nobody cares unless it's a fancy restaurant. In Florida, where whatever you are comfy with. :mickey:

Magic Smiles
12-04-2007, 02:27 PM
I take way too many clothes, rarely wear the same thing twice (sometimes jeans and shorts), and like to look nice while touring the parks because of the inevitable photos. My outfits, shoes and jewelry always have to coordinate. Hair and makeup are always done.

I will look for the most put together woman at the MVMCP on the 11th. We will be attending our 2nd MVMCP that night!:santa3: :snowball:
Maybe I will just have to wear my white capris that night!

I have had to cut back on shoes this trip. Being colder in the evenings, I may have to break down and wear runners. I so LOVE my flip flops in many many different colours. I will miss them!

MsMin
12-04-2007, 02:42 PM
You mention photos and I used our photo pass shots for Christmas cards this year and we do look a little spring like despite the fact that my shorts are dark blue- we are in short sleeves and shorts :sun:
I usually bring a Christmas sweater or Christmas t-shirt for MVMCP and hope for cooler weather. What I hate most is the humid balmy weather changing stuff:ack: I think the top makes the bigger difference in the photo....
Please bring snow on your way down -- snow always welcome even if it's only soap :snowball:

Miss Mouse
12-04-2007, 04:09 PM
I must be strange - I've never really considered white to be a color strictly for spring/summer. :scratch: A nice warm, white fluffy sweater is one of my favorite things to wear during the winter!

Regardless, I don't see a problem with white capris at all. Besides, it's not like you're going to be wearing them every day of your trip!

Mackflava99
12-04-2007, 04:39 PM
In florida- everything is white-
White Rental cars
White buck shoes
White belts
White Shorts

Capri pants are fine

Jenemmy
12-04-2007, 05:02 PM
I think as long as you are not wearing black undergarments, you're in good shape with white capris :secret:

If people have nothing better to do on their vacation than take inventory of other's clothes being seasonably color coordinated then they SERIOUSLY need to learn how to relax!!!!

baby minnie's mommy
12-04-2007, 06:07 PM
This is so funny that one pair of white capris gets 2 pages worth of discussion so far! :laughing:

dolphinmickey9170
12-04-2007, 11:12 PM
I'll be wearing mine!!:mickey:

Magic Smiles
12-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Well our flight leaves in 6 hours 27 minutes and here I am on Intercot instead of trying to sleep. Have to get up in 2 1/2 hours.
Just want to let every one know that the white capris WILL be headed down to WDW.

Besides, it's not like you're going to be wearing them every day of your trip!
After all this discussion maybe I should consider wearing them every day, but then how would I explain to my DH why I needed to take the other 2 suitcases full of clothes.

I think as long as you are not wearing black undergarments, you're in good shape with white capris :secret:

Have you been peeking?:shake: Just kidding.

Well I am off to catch my 2 hours 20 minutes sleep before getting ready to go to the airport for our 6:00 a.m. flight.

Thanks everyone for all of your responses.

Mackflava99
12-05-2007, 10:44 AM
This is definitely funny, but it is interesting to see so many opinions. and i respect them all.
I never thought white was strictly summer, but what do i know- I asked my DW and she said yes, but when she goes to florida, she feels it is summer all year, and would and has worn white capris. She always dresses comfortable but nice, never too skimpy or in bad taste. so i will agree with her-

wear them!!!- If a cast member asks you to return to your hotel and change, then we have another fun post to talk about :) Now that would be a popular post

prprincess
12-05-2007, 12:55 PM
I had to come back and comment again.

Yesterday I was walking down the hall here at work to the ladies room. At the same time, a co-worker (new, I've never met him) came out of his door onto the hallway. He kept turning around and looking at me. I gave him this look like, "What the heck?" He stopped and said, "I'm sorry but I thought you had white pants on. I was going to stop you and ask you if you knew that it was December and the middle of winter!"

I was amazed! First off, I had very light khakis on. Second, that he would have actually been that overt to stop me and correct me on my fashion sense--a stranger! I may think to myself that I don't like what someone has on, but I would never stop them and tell them. And third, he's a guy!!

So again, go ahead, and wear your white capris!! I don't care who says it's a fashion faux pas!!

MrsDevlin2007
12-09-2007, 04:48 PM
LOL, I wouldn't worry about it. I just got back this afternoon after a week at Disney and believe me, I saw PLENTY of people wearing white shorts, capris, pants, etc;

jedigrrrl
12-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I guess I am in the minority on this one and I know I’m an extreme fashionista (I give a lot of thought about what I wear to the grocery store or Target) but I just cant support white this time of year! If this is a question you are thinking to ask and are concerned about then you will probably be happier wearing something else. On the other hand, if you are really comfortable in these capris, pack them and see how you feel when you get there. Either way, have fun!

Just about every fashion-type show I watch on TV says that the WHITE rule is antiquated and that if looks good, WEAR IT. If it's hot, dress for hot weather, who cares what month or time of the year it is. It's Florida. We Have NO SEASONS!

PetefromRI
12-10-2007, 09:24 PM
And with all us Tourists wearing Fanny Packs,white Capris would be a welcomed change.

Magic Smiles
12-22-2007, 01:49 AM
Well we have just returned from our 17 days in WDW and YES I did wear my white capris to the MVMCP on 11 Dec 07. Felt a little funny at first putting them on, but I don't know why. I even saw men in white shorts while there! I do have to say that my white capris were in much better taste than many of the "outfits" that I saw while there these past 17 days.
Won't be wearing my white capris back home now though, as ALL our luggage is now missing in action. Also after arriving home to record snowfalls, I would disappear in white capris around here.
This certainly did make for a interesting thread and a few good chuckles.
Happy Holidays Everyone:santa:

Christine
12-22-2007, 04:13 PM
I'll be wearing my white capris while I"m there over the next week and a half!

Glad you had a great trip and I hope your luggage comes home soon!

murphy1
12-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Hey, the only thing we Floridians are used to is the white legs and farmer's tans on the tourists LOL.

dolphinmickey9170
12-26-2007, 12:27 PM
We just got back Friday and there were white capris and pants everywhere. You'll be fine.

Just watch out for our white chicken legs. Those can be scary. GUILTY!