PDA

View Full Version : Split Stay???

KAT1811
12-02-2007, 08:56 PM
We've never done it but I know that many of you have split your stays in WDW between two or more hotels. We are having an awful time trying to decide between the GF :tiphat: and the Poly :lei: and I was thinking that we might try and split our stay between the two, that way we can decide which one we like better for next time. :thumbsup: We will most likely be there for 10 nights, :cloud9: that would give us 5 nights at each hotel. I would love to hear about what you all view as the pros and cons :goodbad: to a slpit stay. We have 3 DDs :princess:, 11, 3, and 1 (the younger two will be celebrating their birthdays :cake: on our trip) and DH and I will hopefully be pregnant :baby: with #4 on our trip.

Seasonscraps
12-02-2007, 10:06 PM
The pros...
For some reason it feels like two vacations. You get to check out two hotels for future reference.
Five nights at each hotel is a nice length of stay.
Bell services handles moving your bags.

The cons...
Packing & unpacking
Taking the time to check in at the new resort.
The split stay would be considered two reservations and could have an impact on packages.

mouseketeer mom
12-02-2007, 11:04 PM
We have done two split stays. One for 8 nights last year..4 at the AKl then 4 nights at the villas at WL. Last week we did a 9 night split stay. 5 nights at the CR, 4 nites at the Poly. We are planning our next split stay between
the WL and the Poly.
We love a split stay. Because the resorts are so highly themed at WDW and each has their own energy about them, it really does make the trip feel like 2 separate vacations. Its great too, if you like me, have a desire to experience as much of WDW as you can! No need to decide on just one!
You do need to be more organized during your first stay. Especially with kids, try as you may, things do start to accumulate quickly and travel all over the room. To avoid a big repacking, I always try to get our things together in the am after we get ready, and again at bedtime. I just kind of have a system of putting their dirty stuff in a laundry bag, and refolding their good stuff. I keep bags and packages in one section of the room. Stuff like that. I don't unpack clothes during our first stay. When its time to move, bell services will come and give you a receipt for how many bags they are shipping to the next resort. The bags will arrive at the next resort sometime after 1pm. It is not Magical Express, so you do need to be in the room to receive your luggage. They will transfer you tkts onto your new room key. Not a problem. I tend to get a little looser during the second resort in terms of keeping track of things! I do recommend saving your fave resort for the second stay.

Mackflava99
12-03-2007, 12:25 AM
We are going to try it this year- WL and BC, and everyone has been helpful with my questions:) especially Mousketeer mom- who has been a tremendous help-

see this post-
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=121000

šOš

Miss Mouse
12-03-2007, 12:57 AM
We're planning on doing this on our upcoming trip too, only we're taking it a step further - we'll be splitting our time between three resorts! We don't have kids, so all we have to worry about is packing up after ourselves. Could be crazy, could be a blast - I guess we'll see! :)

Tigerinvestigator
12-06-2007, 10:32 PM
We stayed in three resorts last May. We started at the Beach Club, moved to the AKL, and then finished our trip with three nights at the Grand Floridian. It actually did seem like three short vacations at WDW. It is so easy to switch resorts that we usually do at least once each trip.:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
12-07-2007, 12:02 PM
The main problem I would have is giving up time to pack up and move from one to the other! We have done it a couple of times, and it can take a while! I would stay the entire trip at one and maybe try the other next trip. For me, I would go with the Poly! It is wonderful! :mickey: