PDA

View Full Version : LSU and Ohio State

disneydeb
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
are playing for the National championship, just anounced,in New Orleans....:D

Hawaii and Georgia will play in the Sugar Bowl.

Tennessee and Wisconsin are in the Outback Bowl.

Arkansas and Missouri in _____?

WDWfanatic742
12-02-2007, 08:34 PM
LSU against Ohio State in Louisiana. 2 in a row for the SEC against Ohio State :number1:

Jared
12-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Here is a list of the BCS games. Let the debate begin!

Rose Bowl: Illinois vs. Southern California (1/1/08 in Pasadena, Calif.)
Sugar Bowl: Hawaii vs. Georgia (1/1/08 in New Orleans)
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. West Virginia (1/2/08 in Glendale, Ariz.)
Orange Bowl: Kansas vs. Virginia Tech (1/3/08 in Miami)
BCS Championship: Ohio State vs. Louisiana State (1/7/08 in New Orleans)

Anybody think Missouri was snubbed? How about predictions?

MsMin
12-02-2007, 09:10 PM
I saw Arkansas is going to the Cotton Bowl.
:cheer: I can't believe how things worked out.. we are so so excited to be going back to the BCS Nat'l Championship game again! and in New Orleans again! Debbie you saw me after the Kentucky game:(. I thought sure it was going to be Sugar Bowl for us!! :cheer:
And what's better is we have a month to get healthy.

GO TIGERS!!!!

EPCOT84
12-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Go Rainbow Warriors ! :number1: That's gonna make the Los Angeles ABC station sports anchor Rob Fukuzaki very happy (he has Hawaii ties). I know, throwing a sheep into the wolves fold but they deserve some recognition !

You're right. Where is Missouri?

scoot241
12-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm pumped!! LSU at home again for the BCSNC!!

I was at the last LSU NC, and it still gives me chills... too bad I won't be able to make it this time.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

medic9016
12-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Anybody think Missouri was snubbed? How about predictions?

Very much so. I hate the BCS. I know the rule is that 3 teams from the same conference can't play in the BCS.

1.How do you beat a team and they get a better bowl game?

2. How can you not even get to your conference title game a get BCS game.(Georgia and Kansas) Georgia is probably a better team than Tennessee. But the Vols at least play in the SEC championship.

Florida is a much better team than Illinois and can't get BCS game.

LSU will blow out OSU....

Just my 2 cents...

disneydeb
12-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Missouri would be the third team from their division and I think there is a rule about only 2 teams from each division are allowed BCS bowl games. --- someone correct me if I'm wrong about that rule.

WDWfanatic742
12-02-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm a huge Florida Gator fan but I can see how Georgia got in ahead of Florida. For one, they beat them by 12 points earlier in the year. I think it also helped that Georgia played Auburn and Kentucky at the end of the year when they were ranked in two of the last three games that they played. The last game that Florida played against a ranked opponent was against Georgia on October 27th. We still should have beated both LSU and Auburn, but I'm happy with the Captial One Bowl when we still have two more years with Tebow. :D

Lightning McQueen
12-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Oklahoma over West Virginia BIG. :trophy: :football:

BOOMER SOONER

MsMin
12-02-2007, 11:23 PM
I do think Missouri should have gone to the Rose over Illinois and Kansas would have been well matched w/ Ark.
I'm excited that Hawaii gets to come to N.O. and Georgia will be in the Sugar Bowl. It amazes me that Georgia loses the SEC east and is ranked higher than TN. It's just a crazy system. Georgia did look so much better @ the end of the season. (oh yes, b/c TN beat them)
Can somebody please explain this "tradition" thing?? How can they pick Illinois b/c it's "tradition" for the Rose bowl? Is it a popularity contest or a game?

scoot241
12-03-2007, 12:18 AM
I do think Missouri should have gone to the Rose over Illinois and Kansas would have been well matched w/ Ark.
I'm excited that Hawaii gets to come to N.O. and Georgia will be in the Sugar Bowl. It amazes me that Georgia loses the SEC east and is ranked higher than TN. It's just a crazy system. Georgia did look so much better @ the end of the season. (oh yes, b/c TN beat them)
Can somebody please explain this "tradition" thing?? How can they pick Illinois b/c it's "tradition" for the Rose bowl? Is it a popularity contest or a game?

The Rose Bowl values tradition above all else. Having the Big 10/Pac-10 matchup is priority #1.

Personally, I think Georgia should have gone to the Rose Bowl instead of Illinois.

I think the only way you'll see any conference other than those two is if either the Pac-10 or Big 10 only has one BCS representative, and that team is #1 or #2. When (if) this happens, you'll see a team from a different conference in the Rose Bowl.

kakn7294
12-03-2007, 08:54 AM
GO TIGERS!!!!:ditto:

WED1901
12-04-2007, 04:03 PM
The BCS is so political, big money, and egos.

Other than that…SEC Football Rocks!! Go Vols! Beat the Bagers!! Good luck LSU...Oh by the way Eric Ainge would like his pic with the trophy after you win it!

disneydeb
12-05-2007, 06:52 AM
...Oh by the way Eric Ainge would like his pic with the trophy after you win it!
:thumbsup: :high5: :rotfl:

tennantsrwe
12-05-2007, 07:48 AM
GO VOLS!

Too bad our quarterback blew the game for us against LSU...way to go Ainge! Maybe he'll at least try to end his senior season on a more COMPLETE note, as in more complete passes. LoL, I'm just saying. But GO TIGERS! There are two teams I don't pull for...Ohio State and Florida. (Except when Florida played OSU last year, I'm ashamed to admit it but I said Go Gators! OSU is my BIL fav team and he just gets on my nerves, as if they are the only team in the nation with talent...:sick:) So even though we lost to you last week...GO TIGERS! As for WVU, let's hope they actually PLAY 4 quarters of football on both sides of the ball....offense and defense would be nice. They do have some awesome talent, which I think often times they aren't given much credit for b/c they're in a weak conference. So, all that being said....can't wait for the Bowl Games. IF they're anything like this season it's sure to be interesting.

Spaceship Tigger
12-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Good luck LSU...Oh by the way Eric Ainge would like his pic with the trophy after you win it!

I know LSU wasn't at full strength... but Eric Ainge gift wrapped that game for LSU and put a big bow on it. That was unbeliveable.

I fully expect a healthy LSU to go out now and destroy Ohio State about like Florida did last year.

pjbs35a
12-05-2007, 07:54 AM
I am so torn.
Should I cheer for LSU in the Championship game or against Nick Satan in the Independence Bowl.
What, you say I can do both ???

All right, let the Bowls begin !!!

IloveJack
12-05-2007, 08:12 AM
GO VOLS!

Too bad our quarterback blew the game for us against LSU...way to go Ainge! Maybe he'll at least try to end his senior season on a more COMPLETE note, as in more complete passes.

I know LSU wasn't at full strength... but Eric Ainge gift wrapped that game for LSU and put a big bow on it. That was unbeliveable.

Ainge literally "threw" that game. :mad: It was ridiculous. He couldn't have helped LSU win anymore if he'd just handed the ball to them. I just keep thinking, "He's a senior! He's a senior!" :fingers:

MsMin
12-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Well I hope the SEC can pull together and cheer for the SEC teams. I will be pulling for TN, UF, Auburn but maybe not Saban:thedolls: It's funny even his bowl is back in Louisiana... It would be nice to see him lose...
We are playing a little harmless prank on OU right now. If anyone wants info please PM me ( I will know if you are OU fans too:thedolls:)
Our prank for the LSU/Alabama game was great. Very harmless but funny. Everyone took purple and gold wild flower seeds and dropped them along the interstate on their way up to Alabama so the path to Tuscaloosa next spring will be painted in purple and gold.

Celestria
12-19-2007, 04:31 PM
i don't get how they determine these bowls. i mean, hawaii was undefeated and they can't go to the championship? they need to stop this stupid rating thing and turn it more like pro football.

MsMin
12-19-2007, 11:55 PM
i don't get how they determine these bowls. i mean, hawaii was undefeated and they can't go to the championship? they need to stop this stupid rating thing and turn it more like pro football.

I agree that it would be better like in pro ball were they have a play off system that is sooooo much better than the college system IMO. :soapbox: I think that if they use the system they should stick to their system ALL the way and let 3 and 4 play each other than several of the miss matches they have going. I would have loved to see Georgia play USC. Like last year when we were ranked 4th?? and we played #11 and blew them away. Think about it if all the strong teams play each other all season (like the SEC) they get beat up and somebody has to lose then get a conference that has 1 or 2 strong teams -- it's not a fair comparison. If you want to go on L's and W's alone than the match-ups should be equal where everyone has to play a certain # of ranked teams. If you went on W's& L's alone then everyone would just pad their schedule w/ easy wins
Oh and Tennessee fans thanks so much for the gifts all season. I am sooo glad we didn't' have to play Georgia not as banged up as we were going into the SEC championship game. Don't be too hard on Ainge b/c Steltz did have 6 picks this season. I agree about cheering for the SEC and I too had to cheer for UF (brother went there:sick:)last January and hope for a repeat of the SEC beating OSU. It is tough though w/ the Independence bowl. I don't know if I can cheer for :thedolls:Saban.

SimbaandNalasMama
01-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Tonights the night!!

Go Tigers!

I am a little sad, after this game, no more college football until fall :( (not counting the Senior Bowl, of course)

pjbs35a
01-07-2008, 06:27 PM
I can already feel the vibrations from New Orleans. They started just after the Sugar Bowl.

pjbs35a
01-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Anybody hear the final score ??? :number1:

scoot241
01-08-2008, 07:40 PM
LSU 38, OSU 24

Waahoo!!

pjbs35a
01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
LSU 38, OSU 24

Waahoo!!
scoot241, were you once a member of the Golden Band From Tigerland ???

scoot241
01-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Yes I was. I wore my 2003 shirt for luck last night.