PDA

View Full Version : confused with PI age requirements

dmallan
12-02-2007, 02:47 PM
There are 5 of us going to WDW in January. DS is 20. I'm confused with the age requirements listed for the Pleasure Island Clubs. I know that we can all go to Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse, but for the dance clubs...

Looking at Info Central, in one place it says:
Must be 21 or over to enter Mannequins Dance Palace, BET SoundStage Club, 8TRAX, Motion and Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club.

And down a little further:
Admission to the Pleasure Island clubs is restricted to guests 18 or older unless accompanied by a guest 21 or older with the following exceptions: all guests must be 21 or older to enter Mannequins Dance Palace and BET Soundstage Club on select nights.

So, am I to understand that other than BET soundstage and Mannequinns on select nights, DS could get into the clubs if we all went together?

And also what does "select nights" mean?

TIA

TheRustyScupper
12-02-2007, 05:01 PM
1) Comedy Club and Adventurers Club are basically sit-downs.
2) It is easy for the waiters to determine if the guest can drink.
3) And then keep track of them.

4) The dance clubs are different.
5) It is more difficult to make sure the guest is of age.
6) So they don't get in legal trouble, it is better to set these rules.
7) And, no, things like wrist bands or stamps are not fool-proof.

dmallan
12-02-2007, 06:20 PM
I completely understand the reasoning.
But my question was can my DS20 go into one of the dance clubs if accompanied by one of us?

I'm just confused because on the info central link it seems there are two different explanations. One stating no one under 21 allowed, one stating it's ok if accompanied by a guest 21 or older.

Or maybe I'm just not reading it right?

EPCOT84
12-02-2007, 08:09 PM
No, you are correct in that it is confusing. With all due respect to those who maintain Info Central, the wording needs a bit of correction to avoid confusion.

Here is the same information from Disney's own website:

Admission required to enter Pleasure Island nightclubs.
Guests must be 21 years of age or older with acceptable forms of identification to enter BET SoundStage Club, 8TRAX, Mannequins Dance Palace, Motion and Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a person 21 years of age or older to enter Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse. Valid photo I.D. required. All Clubs are non-smoking.

With all due respect to those who write the Disney site, it is still confusing. Suppose for a moment I am 18, 19 or 20 (I wish I was again). Let me see, I can't go into BET, 8Trax, Mannequins, Motion, and Rock n' Roll but I am not sure if I can I get into Adventurers or Comedy Warehouse. I am not under 18 but not yet 21. They aren't talking about me ! Confusing ! Probably I can surmise I can only go to the two sit-down supper clubs but can I go myself since I am not under 18?

Someone help ?

Polynesian Dweller
12-02-2007, 08:31 PM
With all due respect to those who write the Disney site, it is still confusing. Suppose for a moment I am 18, 19 or 20 (I wish I was again). Let me see, I can't go into BET, 8Trax, Mannequins, Motion, and Rock n' Roll but I am not sure if I can I get into Adventurers or Comedy Warehouse. I am not under 18 but not yet 21. They aren't talking about me ! Confusing ! Probably I can surmise I can only go to the two sit-down supper clubs but can I go myself since I am not under 18?

Someone help ?

Not the slightest bit confusing. 18 and over you can enter the clubs. 18-20 you can enter but CANNOT take somebody under 18 with you. 21 or over you can enter AND take somebody under 18 into the club.

EPCOT84
12-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Not the slightest bit confusing. 18 and over you can enter the clubs. 18-20 you can enter but CANNOT take somebody under 18 with you. 21 or over you can enter AND take somebody under 18 into the club.

Thank you. It should be written like that ! :thumbsup:

Back to the OP's question, I did a check around the 'net. Your 20 year old cannot go into the dance clubs. As of January 1, 2007, a new policy implemented states those under 21 will no longer be allowed to enter even if accompanied by someone 21 and older.

As to "select nights" referenced in the Info Boards, in a quick check around the 'net, I surmise there are special events and on those nights, those under 21 may be allowed to enter.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-02-2007, 10:45 PM
The info isn't confusing at all. I was able to understand it when I read it. Just took the sentences apart.

Guests must be 21 years of age or older with acceptable forms of identification to enter BET SoundStage Club, 8TRAX, Mannequins Dance Palace, Motion and Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club.

I understood this to mean that for those clubs, the age must be 21+.

Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a person 21 years of age or older to enter Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse. Valid photo I.D. required. All Clubs are non-smoking.

I understood this to mean that anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult 21+. If over 18, they can go in by themselves without someone 21+ to those two clubs only.

dmallan
12-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Yes, I understand that and it would be fine if that were the only statement.
But on info central a little further down the page it states:
Admission to the Pleasure Island clubs is restricted to guests 18 or older unless accompanied by a guest 21 or older with the following exceptions: all guests must be 21 or older to enter Mannequins Dance Palace and BET Soundstage Club on select nights.

Only two of the clubs are listed and only on select nights...so what about the other clubs AND what constitutes a select night??
:confused:

SurferStitch
12-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Simply put....

Under 21 - No dance clubs. Doesn't matter if they are with someone over 21 or not. They won't be allowed in. ID is required.

Under 18 - Can enter comedy club and Adventurer's Club with someone over 21. ID is required.

18 or over, and under 21 - Can enter comedy club and AC alone. Can't drink. ID is required.

I wouldn't concern myself with the "select nights". If it's a select night, you will be informed of it. Also, I didn't see select nights on the Disney site, and that's the site that matters...not Info Central.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-03-2007, 11:56 PM
It's also possible that Info Central just hasn't gotten around to updating that information.

The only time someone under 18 can go to PI without an adult is on Grad Nite - because there are like 25-30 students per teacher for some schools, more for others.

dmallan
12-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the clarification.