PDA

View Full Version : 2 Days Are Better Than None 6th and Final Installment

Beach Club Babe
12-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Sunday, Nov. 18th and Monday Nov. 19th, 2007

In the last installment, I left off after finishing a very warm and terrific day in Epcot. It was soon time to start that long drive home, but first we had a tiny bit to accomplish.

Once we exited the gates, we made our way to the Monorail Station. What is a trip to WDW, without at least one ride on the monorail. As we were walking up the ramp, we were listening to a couple arguing abouit the monorail. The wife was telling her DH to come on, but he was insiting that this wasn't the way to go. He told her this was the monorail to the Ticket and Transportation center, but they needed a monorai to MK! He made her walk all the way back down the ramp to ask where they could get that one! I'll bet she got a really nice gift later! ;)

Once at the TTC, we disembarked and headed for the resort monorail. Courtney really wanted to see the Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian. I sent Ron and Courtney down there to check it out, while Emily & I checked out some stores. Emily still needed her last "item" she was promised. She has been wanting a spinner for forever, but just like always, she decided to bypass it for some princess lip gloss and a princess cellphone! Over at the men's store, I was hoping to pick something up for Matt, as I had not got him him anything yet. They had some nice Tommy Bahama t-shirts, and better yet they were drastically reduced! Mission accomplished. Back onto the monorail and off we get at MK. Oh how I wished, we were going through the gates, but we zipped straight across to the bus depot and caught a waiting bus back to CBR and our car.

We made a final stop for some refills and we were off at about 7:30 PM, only about 1/2 hour later than planned. Well almost, we had to stop at the Hess Station to fill up first. The long drive had finally begun! :( We were no sooner on the road than we had to stop at the very 1st rest area, Emily had to go! OK, back on the road yet again! This time we did not stop until we hit our favorite gas station in Santee, SC. I took over the drving duties for about 2 hours or so, so Ron could take a quick nap. The rst of the drive was very uneventful, especially since Courtney and I slept through a lot of it! ;) Emily slept almost the entire way! She conked out about 9:00 PM and didn't wake up until 10 or 10:30 AM the next day! We were back in our area by 11:30 or so, hit the bank, arrived home, showered, rested briefly and settled right back into our normal Monday routine!

AbeeNormal
12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
What a wonderful trip. It seemed as if you were there for at least 5 days and I loved every minute of it. I really hope your DD loved the college and that all goes well. :yes:

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful trip, I look forward to your next report. :geek:

dolphinmickey9170
12-02-2007, 07:40 PM
What a great trip. I always hate the last day!! So glad you were all safe.:mickey:

pdrlkr
12-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks for sharing! :smickey:

KylesMom
12-03-2007, 12:49 PM
As always, marvelous trip reports. I second AbeeNormal's opinion, with the amount of attractions you were able to experience it seems like you were there alot longer than two days!

Thanks for sharing with us! :mickey:

DizNee143
12-03-2007, 02:35 PM
sounds like a great little escape to the world that your guys had!! thanx for sharing..i enjoyed reading all about it..i always love your trip reports!! :mickey:

RedheadWriter
12-04-2007, 09:20 AM
i loved reading all of your trip reports!!:thumbsup:

faline
12-04-2007, 07:26 PM
You made the most out of your short trip! Glad you arrived home safely!

princessgirls
12-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Heather,

Although the trip home was long, it was so worth it to see Disney all in it's Christmas glory. How nice to have the park to yourself for the MVMCP. Glad you were able to mix college touring with Disney.

May you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.

Julie:mickey:

BelleCiavo
12-06-2007, 06:38 PM
What a wonderful mini-trip Heather, I really enjoyed reading it. I hope Courtney gets into Florida Tech.
Thanks for reporting.
Karen

realtreebar
12-07-2007, 12:53 AM
thanks for sharing! "gotta love :mickey: "

amorillo
12-08-2007, 10:02 PM
I agree... it seems as if your trip was much longer than it actually was. And low crowds... plus a night at MVMCP!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!