PDA

View Full Version : Both Mizzou and WVU Lost

goofhook
12-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Well, now that this happened, we know Ohio State is playing in the championship game. But the question is, who is playing Ohio State? Who do you think will play Ohio State? We are soon to find out...

medic9016
12-02-2007, 09:47 AM
The BCS is such a Joke:ill:. Georgia will most likely play for the BCS championship with out winning the SEC. Really need a 8 or 10 team playoff.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
12-02-2007, 10:20 AM
The BCS is such a Joke:ill:. Amen.

MsMin
12-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Remember that Georgia had a bye and now we are 11-2 and they are 10-2 so we have more points w/ the extra game. When you have a bye you can slip down. It's not a great system. I don't think its right to have some play top ten teams all year and others play the bottom. What kind of playoff system would have your top seeds playing each other. I think the Div. champs should play each other but when we were Nat'l champs in 03 Okla didn't win their div. but they say they changed the system since then (If you listened to ESPN all night like we did).

WDWfanatic742
12-02-2007, 01:51 PM
ESPN has LSU jumping everybody and joining Ohio State. Just as long as a SEC team gets in and beats Ohio State again in the National Championship :D

goofhook
12-02-2007, 02:46 PM
That was only the AP poll, but Oklahoma is right behind LSU at #3. Oklahoma is going to make it into the chapionship game, I'm sure of it.

medic9016
12-02-2007, 04:03 PM
That was only the AP poll, but Oklahoma is right behind LSU at #3. Oklahoma is going to make it into the chapionship game, I'm sure of it.

Even losing to Colorado and Texas Tech? I think both were unranked at the time. I thought Georgia might have moved up even with there season completed. After seeing the new polls it looks more like OSU and LSU. If it was my choice I'll give the Rainbow Warriors 12-0 a shot.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
12-02-2007, 06:59 PM
I think the Div. champs should play each other but when we were Nat'l champs in 03 Okla didn't win their div. but they say they changed the system since then (If you listened to ESPN all night like we did).I listened all night too. It seems that all of a sudden winning your conference is the end all be all for the BCS. I think they (the sports media) wanted so bad to have OSU and LSU in this game all year and are trying anything to legitimize it. If winning your conference is so important (which I agree it is to a point), then eliminate the BCS and have all the conference champs play each other.

Again, my case against OSU is this...
Sure they won their (weak) conference, but they lost to a team they shouldn't have at home. Yet, while they remain idle they gain in the polls.

Meanwhile my team (KU) didn't win their (stronger) conference, and their only loss was to a then #4 team at a neutral site game. Yet, since they are not OSU, while they remain idle they lose ground.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

EPCOT84
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM
If it was my choice I'll give the Rainbow Warriors 12-0 a shot.

Now that's what I want to hear ! :D

Our local ABC affiliate sports anchor, Rob Fukuzaki, has Hawaii ties so he constantly keeps reminding the viewers, tongue in cheek, that they should get a BCS game. He did that last night on his show.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
12-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Well, the bowls are announced and I guess I shouldn't complain about KU's destination. I would be a bit miffed if I were either Oklahoma, Georgia, or Mizzou however. This system is absolutely ridiculous.

Marker
12-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, the bowls are announced and I guess I shouldn't complain about KU's destination. I would be a bit miffed if I were either Oklahoma, Georgia, or Mizzou however. This system is absolutely ridiculous.

Well let's see....

#8 Kansas is going to a BCS bowl (Orange bowl)
while #7 Missouri, the team that beat Kansas is not.

#11 West Virginia, who lost their final game (while ranked #2) at home to an unranked team, is going to a BCS bowl (Fiesta Bowl), while Missouri (while #1) lost on the road (at a "neutral site) then #9 Oklahoma, is not going to a BCS bowl.

Attempting to apply logic to this serves no purpose. Rules are rules, only 2 teams from a conference in the BCS, so it must make sense to send the #8 team instead of the #7 team that beat them.

On the other hand, given their history over recent years, making it into the Cotton Bowl should be considered an accomplishment.