PDA

View Full Version : A Long Winter's Drive...Pre Trip Report

dolphinmickey9170
12-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Well, the clock is winding down far too slowly......11 days to go before we head out for a long winter's drive, and it just seems like it is taking forever. But, to keep me occupied, I have been planning a trip in May with DisneyWhirled and DWHubby!! Oh, and another trip in August! So just keeping track of the dates to book stuff has kept my mind off the SLOW countdown.

Cast of Completely Crazy Characters:

Me - 37 - driving my DH crazy with all the planning......can't get enough!
Ben - DH - 42 - to all my ?'s, responds with, "Whatever you want, I'll love it if your planning it!"
Katy - DD - 16 - can't wait to take her neice to see all the "pity yights" (that's pretty lights for those adults who don't understand baby talk)
Keara - DGD - 1 - happy no matter what comes her way - lover of all things Pooh!!

We are so in need of this vacation. Between work and school I have stressed myself out, been hospitalized for a week and got into a huge screaming match with the oldest of our DDs, Jenn, and her boyfriend. Katy, DD16, has been studying for her GED, her driver's license and taking care of her neice, Keara, our DGD1. And Ben, he works way too hard. As a :fireman: for the city he works 2 day shifts, 2 night shifts and then off for 4 days. Well, he gets off from his night shift and sleeps that day, then goes right back to work for the next three days for a private :ambal: company. So essentially, he works 7 days straight then takes off one day to sleep. This goes on for 5 "tricks" and then he has the 6th one off. But he usually picks up time with the private service.

So, after my rambling, you can see why this is a much needed vacation.

Sorry for the ranting and rambling, but I thought a little background would help.

So, here are our plans. I am working:

The 13th until 3pm and then we are heading south. If all works well, we'll stop for food at Cracker Barrel somewhere in NC. We will be driving all the way through the night with maybe a stop or two for a 20 minute nap. And of course, fuel, potty and rest breaks. We expect to arrive at SSR by 10am. Not a far stretch. Definitely achievable.

The 14th, after check in, Earl of Sandwich - thanks to everyone here who highly recommends it - has called my name for weeks now, so we'll check that out. Then off to MK to meet up with Willful and Shannon, friends of mine from home who have a disney podcast (pm me for the link) and the Dysfunctional Super Family from VA (they have a podcast too). I gotta see the castle lighting and then we'll hop over to Epcot for the holiday Illuminations and for EMH. We'll find something to eat somewhere as the Garden Grill is completely booked that night, so dinner with the friends is out. Any counter service suggestions????

The 15th, morning EMH at DHS and lunch at Mama Melrose's with the friends. We'll watch the Osborne Lights and then head to MK as they are open late that night and Cosmic Ray's for Katy's favorite BBQ Pork Sammie.

The 16th, we will be dressing Keara in her Cinderella finest for a wonderful breakfast at Cindy's Castle. The off to AK, for a little while then back to Poly for O'Hana dinner with all our friends. Then to DHS for EMH!!

The 17th, we are doing a monorail resort holiday tour to check out all the decorations and then heading to Epcot for Holidays around the world. Then monorail over to GF for 1900 PF dinner then back to Epcot for Illuminations again and then monorail back to MK for EMH!!

The 18th, we meet our friends again for breakfast at Chef Mickey then to MK. This is our friends last day here, bittersweet as they have to leave - so sad - but we get to stay for a few more days. We'll see the castle lighting again and we have :santa:MVMCP tonight. We'll counter service dinner at Pinochio's. I can't wait for the party. First thing I want to do is get an exclusinve pin for the party. Hopefully I can find them. Then we'll rock on at the party. We'll get silly christmas hats and just have fun!!

The 19th, well head for AK, Flame Tree for a late lunch, catch the Jingle parade and enjoy EMH tonight. Then off to BOMA for dinner. Gotta try a zebra dome. I just hope DH and DD will like the food. They are soooo fussy:D.

The 20th, we will spend at MK until our LeCellier Candelight Proc. dinner at Epcot. We'll see the 8:15 show. I am so excited!!Then we'll end our night with another Illuminations!!

The 21st, a sad sad day. We have to drive home:sad:. I have to work at 7am the next three days and then be off for Christmas.

The only upside to going home is the fact that I already have the next trip booked and working on one after that.

I'll be sure to post my trip report with pictures upon our return.

RedheadWriter
12-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Sounds like a great time will eb had. I am looking forward to reading your reports when you return:mickey:
Rachel

dolphinmickey9170
12-02-2007, 09:05 PM
BTW....did you notice there is not one moment of relaxation time? Well, those will come when they are ready. I just can't plan for relaxing........:mickey:

AbeeNormal
12-03-2007, 06:22 PM
BTW....did you notice there is not one moment of relaxation time? Well, those will come when they are ready. I just can't plan for relaxing........:mickey:

My DH's philosophy is "We'll sleep when we get home" Sounds like you have a great trip planned and I really look forward to your trip reports.

Merry Christmas :tree:

DizNee143
12-04-2007, 09:23 AM
hope you and your family enjoy your much needed vacation!! cant wait to hear all about it when you get back!! :mickey:

Beach Club Babe
12-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Your plans sound terrific! You really know how to make the most of your time at WDW!

faline
12-04-2007, 07:35 PM
I bet you'll love having your granddaughter along for your holiday visit! Great plans!

kakn7294
12-04-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip when you return! We'll have to start talking about August after the holidays too. I can't wait to see Keara in her Cinderella finery for that breakfast. She's so cute! You know, Ben seems so easy-going that I wouldn't have pegged him for a picky eater - I hope you can enjoy those meals you have planned! I'm sending Keara a little package this week - look for in a few days!

MsMin
12-05-2007, 09:53 AM
I don't envy that drive. I still have nightmares of leaving here Christmas day at 6pm and following my son up when he moved to Baltimore. I think I slept through all of Virginia. Do have a safe drive down.
It's so so exciting to take a baby to WDW. I'm so jealous :envy: It's so magical through a child's eyes.
Sounds like a wonderful trip. I like the Season's Sunshine in the land for a CS b/c of the variety.
Can't wait to see pictures.... Have a great time. Good thing is you will be leaving right as the crowds start to get heavy for Christmas. :santa:

dolphinmickey9170
12-09-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip when you return! We'll have to start talking about August after the holidays too. I can't wait to see Keara in her Cinderella finery for that breakfast. She's so cute! You know, Ben seems so easy-going that I wouldn't have pegged him for a picky eater - I hope you can enjoy those meals you have planned! I'm sending Keara a little package this week - look for in a few days!

Thanks so much for the package. It was great watching Ben and Keara twirl their terrible Steelers towel!!

amorillo
12-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Sounds like you've got an amazing vacation planned! Can't wait to read all about it!

kakn7294
12-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks so much for the package. It was great watching Ben and Keara twirl their terrible Steelers towel!!I'm glad that Ben and Keara enjoyed it! Meggie has one of those little towels and won't give it up for a "big" towel yet. When I saw that one at the game, I knew I had to send Keara one too. I'm looking forward to meeting her and seeing you guys at WDW in August - such a long way off!

ChipnDaleGal
12-10-2007, 06:11 AM
Sounds like you have a really wonderful trip planned. I hope you all have a great time and enjoy the "pretty lights"! :mickey: