PDA

View Full Version : Brown Derby

dreamofspain
12-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Tried for Hollywood and Vine for the Fantasmic Package but all booked Dec. 8-15. Ditto for Mama Melrose. So, got a ressie at Brown Derby. Is it a good restaurant/worth the extra money? Thanks!:confused:

JPL
12-01-2007, 01:40 PM
The Brown Derby is a great restaurant it is a bit more upscale dining than the other 2 choices so I think it is worth the extra money. I think you will really enjoy it :mickey:

Jared
12-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Like Jeff said, The Hollywood Brown Derby is absolutely worth the extra money. It's an upscale restaurant and probably the best eatery in any of the four theme parks.

If you've tried the other two options and are looking for something better, you will not regret this decision.

SBETigg
12-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Very good food, service, and atmosphere. We were very happy with it. Enjoy!

mrsgaribaldi
12-01-2007, 05:56 PM
DH had his best meal ever at the Brown Derby. I think you'll like it:mickey:

Sinewiz
12-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Another recommendation for the Brown Derby. It's one of my personal favorites. :thumbsup:

Natazu
12-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Brown Derby is excellent. Great food, service, and selection. It's more expensive than the other places at MGM but much less than most Disney Signature Restaurants. In fact, it's such a good value, when we're on the Dining Plan, we pay out of pocket instead of using credits.

That said, during your travel dates, you shouldn't need the Dinner Package to get good seats for Fantasmic! so don't worry if you can't get a seating.

DebK
12-02-2007, 08:34 AM
You will love it! I think it is the best place to eat in that park......

dreamofspain
12-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks everyone...keep those endorsements coming! I enjoy the food at Hollywood and Vine and it's half the price but my ds that's going with my dh really enjoys nice restaurants and so, it's sounding that this might end up being a highlight of their trip and justify the higher price. :mickey::party::cloud9
also, sitting here now in NH and waiting for our first major snowstorm, it's fun being their unofficial "travel advisor" :cool:

Meghan
12-02-2007, 04:29 PM
I avoided the Brown Derby for a long, long time. But once I finally ate there I really enjoyed it!

Mackflava99
12-03-2007, 12:36 AM
Can you explain the Brown Derby Fantasmic package? how does it work?

garymacd
12-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Brown Derby is great. Their menu items cannot be found anywhere else, and the service is top notch for WDW. Try the Grand Marnier Flight to finish your meal. Unbelievable!

pox24
12-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Very disappointed. Althought the food was good, it was terribly overpriced for what you got. Sorry.

Kairi_7378
12-03-2007, 06:10 PM
We loved the Derby! The food is great and the service is top notch.

mousketeers j and l
12-03-2007, 06:18 PM
The Brown Derby is quite simply our favorite restaurant at WDW. The atmosphere is great, the food fantastic and the service is always second to none. I think you will enjoy it immensely. :thumbsup:

Their signature dishes are the Cobb Salad and the Grapefruit Cake and neither of those should be missed! The are both incredible! :cloud9:

Bon appetit! :marg:

Maleficent's Dad
12-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Can you explain the Brown Derby Fantasmic package? how does it work?
Here's the information (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/fantasmic.asp) about the Fantasmic! Package.

It's a great restaurant. We usually have lunch here (Cobb Salads) and service is excellent. This seems to be the only place in WDW with good rolls (bread!).

Mickey 101
12-07-2007, 12:55 AM
We love The Hollywood Brown Derby. We liked the looks of the atmosphere and menu which is posted out front on our second trip, so decided to give it a try. Now it's a must-do each time we visit. Everything we've tried is excellent even though the menu has changed somewhat over the years. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
12-09-2007, 05:16 PM
J.C. wrote this:

When my mother, sister and
Grandmother and I went to The Brown Derby, I ordered a goat cheese appitizer for dinner and for desert the famous Grapefruit Cake.:eat::