PDA

View Full Version : Cheapoair.com?

drhama
12-01-2007, 02:09 AM
Has anyone used Cheapoair.com? I had never heard of them before and found that they had the best fares out there. I also read their testimonials which were of course, very nice. Makes me wonder, to good to be true? I would appreciate any info.

potzie
12-01-2007, 08:03 AM
I went to their site and the prices do seem to be very good. I went and googled cheapoair and the comments tended to be more on the negative than positive. If I were you I would check the comments for yourself.

Cheers,

Brian

Figaro
12-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Make sure you check the actual airline sites, also. I've found many times that there's a big price difference between the airline sites and the find a fare sites. The cheaper are usually on the airline site since those fare sites need to turn a profit. There's a lot of low cost carriers out there anyways such as Southwest, JetBlue (it's mainly a business airline, so it's got a lot off the bells and whistles like leather seats, personal tvs, radio, free coffie, etc. but it's got LOW fares), Allegiant, Skybus, ATA, Ted, Frontier and new kid on the block Virgin America all have fares lower than legacy carriers such as Delta, American, United, etc. :thumbsup:

duckhere
12-01-2007, 01:10 PM
We actually used this site for our airline tickets for our trip 12/2 to 12/11. While the ticket purchase was cheaper and went flawlessly so far, the fees they tack on the back end would have made going direct to the airlines cheaper. One fee they have that we did not get stuck with this time was a $19 fee if they have to send your tickets to you, and that's a per ticket fee. That on top of the extra charges they already assessed. I don't remember the exact amount of the charges, but it was a chunk. Hindsight, I'd not use the site again.

drhama
12-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Thank you all for your comments. I will do some more checking on this. Our trip is not until September so, I do have plenty of time. Unfortunatly, we live in an area where there are not that many options for flights. We have a long drive to Portland, OR or just a few choices in our general area. Flights seem to change every year so there is not a standard itinerary that we can use. Pretty much have to start from scratch every time. Oh bother.

KarenP
12-02-2007, 01:29 PM
The prices look so good because they do not include taxes and fees. They add those in when you get to the screen asking for the credit card info.

Tigger&Stitch
12-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Go to this site:; airfarewatchdog.com

You can get daily updates/alerts on cheap fares from your city (and other cities) - they search all the airlines - even Southwest, AirTran, Frontier etc etc.

We're going in Sept too, and already have our tickets to LA, but I get daily updates so we can get a good fare from LA to Orlando. Seems right now all the deals are focused on the upcoming holidays and through May.

Saves you a bit of work!

travelbug
12-03-2007, 01:37 PM
I am familiar with their website and they offer some great pricing, some times much cheaper than other websites I have visited. Like all sites, they do charge a minimal service fee, but it is advised upfront. The website is easy to use and manuever through, I like the thought that they offer 24/7 service ,just incase I have any questions they are there to assist no matter what the time is.
I hope this helps!

drhama
12-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks again for the additional info. I did check out some of the other reviews and will not be using cheapoair. Just had a bad experience with a camera purchase and just don't need to save a few bucks that bad.
Thank you all.

BigRedDad
12-04-2007, 11:49 AM
I just did a quick price comparison for my flight down. AirTran has it for $320 and Cheapoair has it for $400. I know I will be going directly to the airlines' sites.