PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY FRIDAY! Calling in well??

MickeysGirl
11-30-2007, 07:34 AM
Morning everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Well in case you missed the notice on your desk calendar, today is the last day of November and we are headed right for the beginning of December and all of the holiday madness!! :crazy:

So I'm thinking maybe today's holiday is just the thing for all of us getting geared up for the craziness. Today is Stay Home Because You're Well Day! What a perfect day to take for yourself and get some mental (and physical) health in before you drive yourself mad with shopping and hussling and bussling! I know I sure could use it, as Little Nigel's sleep over birthday party is tomorrow night! :scared:

But without further adieu, please welcome one and all to today's...

*Cough..Cough* Callin' in Party! :ill: :hide:

Happy Friday everyone!

Specialty Drink of the Day: :marg: Rum Cure
... with Pink Lemonade for the kids and an open bar as always ...
:papple: :wine: :beer:

I hope everyone has a great and safe weekend. If you're out shopping be kind and safe out there. If you're in our neck of the woods drop on by for the Birthday party!

For those interested...

RUM CURE

1 oz. 151 Proof Rum
1 oz. Pineapple Juice
1 oz. Orange Juice
1 oz. Lemon Juice
1 oz. Brandy
1 oz. Grenadine
Blue Curacao

Serve over crushed ice in a cocktail glass.

pogo
11-30-2007, 07:40 AM
:party:.....HAPPY FRIDAY ALL !.....:party:

I'm not sure, but I think the Rum Cure will do the trick. :thumbsup: But you better hold mine until about 4:00 PM or I'll be making funny post's all day long. :D

drummerboy
11-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Slide one on down here, barkeep. I'd call in and tell the boss I can't make it, but I forgot what my phone number is. Guess I'll just have to go in anyway.

Happy Friday!!

Caroleh
11-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Happy Friday!!!!!

I've called in well, since tomorrow morning I'm heading off to WDW!!! Today I must pack, so I'll skip the drink today and wait until tomorrow to start the real partying!!!

disneydrmr
11-30-2007, 08:34 AM
But you better hold mine until about 4:00 PM or I'll be making funny post's all day long. :D[/COLOR][/I][/B]

And since when did you need a rum drink to make funny posts? :D

Harumph.. I TRIED to call in today (washer wasn't working, toilet has a leak AND my hot water heater wasn't working right either..) BUT.. my supervisor beat me to it! She is sick and told me I HAD to come in, she even wanted me to leave my house unlocked for my dad to come in on his own and leave for work so I'd be on time - yeah, right.. after my house has been broken into once with two other break in attempts on it.. as if.....So slide two or three of those drinks down to me.. after the morning I've had I sure need them!

Since I seem to be the bad luck magnet today I'm sure everyone will have a happy Friday! Hope all your weekends are great also!

IloveDisney71
11-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Well this is too late for me - I just got to work! I thought I'd sit down for just a minute before I'm officially on the clock.
But my Christmas shopping is already done, presents are wrapped, and my Christmas cards are already to go...so I don't have any "real" reason to take off today anyway. But I'm jealous of anyone else who gets today off! Have fun while the rest of us are working. :D

ibrowse17
11-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Christmas shopping:spend: almost done, tree already up:tree: and trip to Disney:mickey: in 18 days. This is a great Friday, and we are ready for Dec!!!!!

ElenitaB
11-30-2007, 09:41 AM
I've always called those Mental Health Days! I'd love to take one some Friday before the holidays but who knows. Lots and lots of work and I'd end up feeling guilty the whole day. :blush:

But happy errand running for the rest of you!

I'm not sure, but I think the Rum Cure will do the trick. :thumbsup: But you better hold mine until about 4:00 PM or I'll be making funny post's all day long. :D

And since when did you need a rum drink to make funny posts?
:exactly:

Well, here's to a happy Friday and a great weekend! :cheers:

MsMin
11-30-2007, 10:27 AM
:tree:HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE:tree:
Diane, I had my bad day yesterday- I can so relate. I had to cancel b/c I couldn't find my keys, then my pup Chloe started vomiting blood, Max had surgery on Tuesday and the docs office called my mom and said they want him to go see a doc at the cancer center and no other comments???? so now I'm on the road today and my schools are a little far apart. I have to go over the Mighty Mississip and traffic :ack: But I don't think rum will cure the traffic or enhance my driving- I'm still looking for that turkey (for those who didn't see that post the police here are awarding good :drive: with turkeys.
I'm almost finished my Christmas :shop: but then we have such a small family it's just my kids and my parents b/c my sister doesn't believe in :spend:money on anyone but her own kids (though I do sneak my niece a :gift: ).
We are going back to pre-k here. Christin wants wooden blocks for Christmas. No not the toddler kind but the antique wooden typeset so it's ebay for me.
Jamie, Walgreen's is open :clappy:
Have a great and safe weekend everyone....

ChipDale
11-30-2007, 01:18 PM
:chip: Happy Friday! :dale:

I wish I had called in "well" today. :crazy: Jamie, I'll pass on the rum and go straight for the :beer: please! Man, it's been a long week and I am ready to get my weekend on! :beer::beer:

Nascfan
11-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

I hope everybody has a good day and a great weekend!

Crystal Palace
11-30-2007, 04:03 PM
:tree:HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE:tree:
Diane, I had my bad day yesterday- I can so relate. I had to cancel b/c I couldn't find my keys, then my pup Chloe started vomiting blood, Max had surgery on Tuesday and the docs office called my mom and said they want him to go see a doc at the cancer center and no other comments???? so now I'm on the road today and my schools are a little far apart. I have to go over the Mighty Mississip and traffic :ack: But I don't think rum will cure the traffic or enhance my driving- I'm still looking for that turkey (for those who didn't see that post the police here are awarding good :drive: with turkeys.
I'm almost finished my Christmas :shop: but then we have such a small family it's just my kids and my parents b/c my sister doesn't believe in :spend:money on anyone but her own kids (though I do sneak my niece a :gift: ).
We are going back to pre-k here. Christin wants wooden blocks for Christmas. No not the toddler kind but the antique wooden typeset so it's ebay for me.
Jamie, Walgreen's is open :clappy:
Have a great and safe weekend everyone....

How is your doggie doing?? Did you find out what was wrong with him? Poor little baby.

SgtTigger
11-30-2007, 07:54 PM
You have got to be kidding??????

I am home from work..... you mean I could have called in????????
Wait my boss is on a cruise so how do I call him??????

Guess it is a good thing I already went to work....
I also BBQ some ribs tonight for dinner..... No fires.......

Happy Friday everyone.........

I got the lights up on the house don't it look nice?????

:cop: :tigger:

conorsmom2000
11-30-2007, 08:52 PM
See? That's the downside to working from home! It's very hard to call in "sick" or "well" since you don't actually have to go anywhere! :(

Ironically though, I did keep Conor home from school today - though, he wasn't well at all! :(

So, yes, it's time for a Rum Cure! :marg:

Happy Friday!!!

RedheadWriter
12-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Back in 2001, I called in "well" for a well deserved "hookie day". But not just ANY hookie day. My best friend and I had worked up the ultimate hookie day. We booked flights on the first flight to Orlando out of Providence and the last flights in and spent our "well" day at WDW. We did so much and we STILL laugh and talk about this day today! It was so exciting to know we were doing something the jet-set would do. LOL. An expensive day but a once in a lifetime thing.
:mickey:
Long live "well days"!!!