PDA

View Full Version : What to pack help?!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
11-29-2007, 11:24 PM
I know this has probably been asked 100 times but, I have never been to WDW any time other then September. Of course, what to pack then is a no brainer. ;)

So, what do I pack for my mini trip December 17-19th? We will be at MVMCP and Osborne Lights, so we will be out in the parks both nights. I really do not have a clue. :confused:

Also, this is the first time in 10+ years that I have gone without a stroller so, what do I carry my camera, poncho (just in case..lol), inhaler, etc, in? I am not a fanny pack person. Would one of those lightweight nylon backpacks work? (the ones that have corded straps and cinch on the top. Is that a totally ridiculous description??). I feel like this is my first trip..lol.

Of course I have the infamous question too...How are the crowds going to be in MK at that time? I have never been at a high crowd time so I have no clue what to expect. I have been reading that it will start picking up closer to the 20-21st so, will we be okay the 17-19th??

Sorry for all of the questions. :blush: I just want to make the most of my three days there.

Mackflava99
11-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Weather in FLA is always tough t0 judge- but i assume it will be excellent temerature wise.

Nylon back packs are a must for me- i have one that has alot of pockets for my kid's autigraph books, my camera, video, hats waterbottle etc-
The ones with the cords are a pain to carry-but it depends on how much you have . ( make sure its waterproof :)
Actually you will be there at a good crowd time. I was there 2 years ago at that time and it was great.

RedheadWriter
11-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Hello! I was there Nov1-5. It was cool at night to the point I had on a zippered sweatshirt, long sleeve shirt and my khaki capris. I would be prepped for extremes, though I doubt you will want shorts. I have WDW as my default weather when i sign into AOL, so I keep track of what the weather is. I has not been unusual for me to be wearing gloves when I am there in mid january (:blush:and here I am a hearty New Englander!!!) I HATE being cold, so I bring one or two warm things just in case.

AwPhooey
11-30-2007, 08:27 AM
My family was at WDW for Christmas & New Year's a couple years ago and I highly recommend bringing cold weather clothing (sweatshirts, winter coats, gloves, hats).

We were at Epcot on New Year's Eve and it was really cold with the wind coming off the water. We felt kind of strange caring winter coats around all day long (we didn't want to leave the park out of fear that it would reach capacity) but we were happy when we had them at night.

We wore long pants and either t-shirts or long sleeve shirts all week. Most nights we wore sweatshirts or our winter coats (for the latter, primarily on EMH nights and New Year's).

Enjoy!

IloveDisney71
11-30-2007, 08:44 AM
I will be there from the 15 - 20 and we are planning on bringing a variety of clothing. It is not unusual to be wearing pants and shorts sleeves one day and then need a heavy coat, gloves, & a hat the next. This has happened to me on a trip in Nov. & Dec. I also grew up in the Orlando area and learned then that the weather is unpredictable. We will be looking at the extended forecast when we get ready to pack. :thumbsup: Have fun!

mouseketeer mom
11-30-2007, 08:48 AM
We got back on Saturday from a 10 day trip. During the day we were comfy in shorts and capris, but my night, hoodies, and long sleeves were necessary. We had long pants on too, for nighttime. One night it was so cold we had sweaters and long pants on., plus a jacket. The days were lovely, and warm enough for swimming. Some were even hot. Sooo...mix it up a bit. One thing you can probably count on is that you'll have some flucuations with temperature.

mrsgaribaldi
11-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Once I ended up buying gloves in the MK during a Christmas party:blush:
I like to carry a backpack. We take an inhaler too, migraine meds, rain ponchos, camera, jackets etc. At night when you are wearing the jackets you can put souvenirs in the pack. Have a great trip. I hope the weather is perfect:mickey:

Taja
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
You're coming from NY, so best guess is you will have a coat, gloves and some sort of head covering. That will take care of the colder nights, if they occur.

Beyond that, think layers. Toss in a pair of capris or shorts, a couple of t-shirts or short-sleeve shirts, a long-sleeve shirt, a sweatshirt and one or two pairs of long pants per person. If you enjoy swimming, you might want to bring swimsuits. The pools are heated, the air isn't! *LOL* Sometimes it's warm enough to swim during the day--or even at night--sometimes it isn't!

I nearly froze to death at MVMCP in 2003. Keep in mind that I live in the desert and consider temps much below 60 degrees to be cold! :) While I was bundled up and shivering, other guests were wearing shorts and hoodies! Those I spoke with usually were from northeastern US or Canada! *LOL*