PDA

View Full Version : The last question I will ask, I swear!

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi guys, me again :blush:

One final question, how scary is the Indiana Jones Adventure? I didn't go on it last time because I heard it is the same concept as DINOSAUR (which I will never ride again, scared the living daylights out of me, too loud, too fast, things jumping out at you etc)

So, could someone maybe tell me when in the ride things pop out at you and it becomes scary??:blush:

NotaGeek
11-29-2007, 07:44 PM
It is thankfully NOTHING like Dinosaur (Dinosaur used the same ride vehicle and track as Indy, so Indy is THE original!), and there's only one part where something jumps out at you ... but you see it the whole time so it's not really scary, per se. It's not what I would qualify as a scary ride, it's more of a thrill ride. The theming of the ride is amazing, both in queue and the actual attraction. Don't miss it, it's one of my favorites!

Melanie
11-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Feel free to ask as many questions as you want!! :thumbsup:

Like Michael said, the track and vehicles are the same, but the theming is so different, and IMO definitely superior at Indy. Don't miss it!

ChipDale
11-30-2007, 01:01 PM
It is thankfully NOTHING like Dinosaur (Dinosaur used the same ride vehicle and track as Indy, so Indy is THE original!), and there's only one part where something jumps out at you ... but you see it the whole time so it's not really scary, per se. It's not what I would qualify as a scary ride, it's more of a thrill ride. The theming of the ride is amazing, both in queue and the actual attraction. Don't miss it, it's one of my favorites!

Totally agree! I can't stand Dinosaur and I love the Indiana Jones Adventure. The queue is not to be missed!

Disneyluvr2
12-01-2007, 12:58 AM
Try checking on Youtube. You can usually find video of any of the Disneyland rides. That way you'll know what to expect!:D

EPCOT84
12-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Indy Jones ride: Do it !

Word of advice: :mickey:Never apologize for asking too many questions. That is what we are all here for. :thumbsup:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
12-01-2007, 04:08 PM
I looked at Youtube..it seemed very scary to me, especially the part with the zombies or something jumping out at you and the darts. Well,IŽll just have to conquer my fear!

Having said that,I will never in my life do Dinosaur again so I hope it will be better than that :thumbsup: thanks guys

BrerGnat
12-03-2007, 12:27 PM
If you want to be spoiled, read on, I will just mention SOME of the stuff that would be easier to handle if you had advanced warning:
Ok, first off, let me say that I pretty much HATE the Dinosaur ride. She who is not scared by anything, really, is scared by this ride. I find it unnerving to be in the dark for so long, with SUCH loud noises and the crazy looking Carnotaurus. I admit, when I do ride this ride (when I don't want to wuss out in front of my friends) I keep my eyes closed for most of it. :blush:

Now, I LOVE Indiana Jones adventure! It is so cool, and nothing like Dinosaur. You should DEFINITELY ride it!!! The worst part is the giant snake, but it's so comical looking, it's not that bad. It's bright neon green. You can see it coming a mile away, and your vehicle will actually stop right in front of it for a second, then go and "lurch away" as the snake strikes. If you are the "fraidy cat" sort, sitting on the FAR LEFT helps out with this part.

The part with the blowdarts is really fun. You will pause in front of a room where you'll see spears on the wall, and paintings of tribesmen looking people. You will go forward in the dark and hear "fhuut, fhuut, fhuut" and feel blasts of air from both sides. Have fun with it and try to duck and cover as you go through. :D

The other creepy part is the wall with the spiders and beetles projected on it, but it's just a projection, nothing will come at you. There is also an effect that looks like a screen of rats running down...it's projected on a curtain of vapor (dry ice?) and your vehicle goes through it. You don't feel anything, though...it's the same as the Davy Jones waterfall effect on POTC. Cool, but not scary.

Nothing on this ride really jumps out at you. I don't recall zombies, although there are several skeletons, but they are static (don't move at all). You just drive past them. This ride is loud, but not as loud as Dinosaur. Honestly, many of the Fantasyland Dark rides (Pinocchio, in particular) are LOUDER!

Go on this ride! Conquer your fears! You'll be glad you did. The queue is one of Disney's finest, and worth going through, even if you chicken out at the end.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
12-03-2007, 12:47 PM
BrerGnat,

Thank you so much! You pretty much described what I saw on YouTube and now I can prepare myself a little for what to expect, thanks! :thumbsup:

I am normally not a "wimp", I have ridden the biggest rollercoaster in Europe, I've done every ride in every park I have been in, but DINOSAUR for some reason extremely scared me, it really freaked me out! When I went on it the second time last trip (to try and conquer my fears) it was just as bad! I also closed my eyes and prayed for the ride to end, just a terrible, terrible ride!

I will go on Indiana Jones, if only to see the queue. I will let you guys know if I did go on the ride okay? :D

JabberJaws
12-04-2007, 03:53 PM
I am normally not a "wimp", I have ridden the biggest rollercoaster in Europe, I've done every ride in every park I have been in, but DINOSAUR for some reason extremely scared me, it really freaked me out! When I went on it the second time last trip (to try and conquer my fears) it was just as bad! I also closed my eyes and prayed for the ride to end, just a terrible, terrible ride!

My sister is the same way. Dinosaur scares her to death and now she refuses to ride it. My wife and I, on the other hand, LOVE Dinosaur (the end is one of the scariest parts on any ride I have ever been on, and I am a rollercoaster nut and ACE member!). We are heading to DLR in 6 days (woo hoo!!) for our first trip ever out there and I CAN NOT WAIT to ride Indy. I love the Indiana Jones movies and the theming looks incredible. CAN'T WAIT! :yay::yay::yay:

Miss Mouse
12-04-2007, 03:57 PM
I have never been on Dinosaur, so I can't compare the two, but I say definitely do Indy!! You'll be very glad that you did.

IMO, it's more jerky and bumpy than it is scary. I think you'll only be frightened by it if you have very specific fears (say, of snakes, for example). Thing don't really jump out at you and since you can see quite far in front of you during the ride, nothing should catch you by surprise and scare the pants off of you.

Enjoy yourself, whatever you decide!

tinkwest
12-04-2007, 06:34 PM
When my DD was younger she rode Indy with her eyes closed, thinking it would be to scary to see skeletons, snakes, etc. When she finally decided she would ride with eyes wide open, she discovered that it was actually less scary that way. So give it a chance, with eyes wide open. Just don't look into the eyes of the idol!!!

Miss Mouse
12-05-2007, 02:10 AM
Just don't look into the eyes of the idol!!!

Aww, but where's the fun in that?! :razz:

Belle619
12-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Personally, I love DINOSAUR, but my 36 year old sister was absolutely terrified on the ride. I then rode Indy for the first time a couple of months ago and I thought that that ride would probably scare her as well - the first time.

I think both rides have an element of fear of the unknown when you first ride them. That is to say, there is such sensory overload with the ride vehicle, noises, sights, etc. that you are in a heightened awarness state and easily startled by anything and everything. But it is definitely not a "scary" ride.

I say give it a try and just remember that nothing can actually harm you in the ride, so just have fun with it.

*tinker_belle*
12-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Don't let the six year old kids behind you in line get the better of you!! lol i have seen people of literally EVERY age on Indy so it can't be that bad right? You've gotten lots of good advice already so go and have a blast, we are all jealous of you! :mickey:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
12-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Don't let the six year old kids behind you in line get the better of you!! lol i have seen people of literally EVERY age on Indy so it can't be that bad right? You've gotten lots of good advice already so go and have a blast, we are all jealous of you!

You are absolutely right..I will definately put on my "I am not scared" face and ride it..I will let you guys know if I "survived" :D

Melanie
12-12-2007, 12:25 AM
You are absolutely right..I will definately put on my "I am not scared" face and ride it..I will let you guys know if I "survived" :D

You'll be fine! :thumbsup:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Guys, thanks so much!! :number1:

Indiana Jones Adventure was absolutely amazing! The first time I went through the queue I thought it was the best queue area in all the Disney parks that I've been too and I was kinda nervous when I went on the ride. But it was amazing! One of the best rides ever :)

Also did Dinosaur again...again, terrified, absolutely horrified! I wanted to see if I could withstand Indiana Jones I can also do Dinosaur..but no :blush:

Melanie
01-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Indiana Jones Adventure was absolutely amazing! The first time I went through the queue I thought it was the best queue area in all the Disney parks that I've been too and I was kinda nervous when I went on the ride. But it was amazing! One of the best rides ever :)

Glad you did it and enjoyed it! :clappy: It's an awesome ride.

I see you are going to Tokyo this year. Wait until you see some of the queue's at DisneySea. :thumbsup:

*tinker_belle*
01-07-2008, 02:19 AM
I expect to see a trip report from you mister! I'm glad you liked Indy!:mickey:

Carol
01-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Indiana Jones Adventure was absolutely amazing! The first time I went through the queue I thought it was the best queue area in all the Disney parks that I've been too and I was kinda nervous when I went on the ride. But it was amazing! One of the best rides ever :)I agree. I always get such a case of the giggles when riding this attraction. :silly: I'm glad you enjoyed it.

EPCOT84
01-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Great to hear you liked it !