Zippy 1
11-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Wednesday, November 14th

Cast:
Me - 42
DH - 43
DD - 13

Port Orleans Riverside

We slept in again this am. No one was awake until around 8am. DD seemed to have recovered from her not so fun ride on Mission Space (Orange Version). I didn't mention yesterday DH said that ride is not a ride it is torture. After getting ready we hoped a bus to Animal Kingdom. We head right to Expedition Everest. Only a 10 minute wait - so on we go. We all loved this ride. DD was ready to do it again as soon as we got off. But we made her wait and went to try Dinosaurs. That was a cool ride too. Somehow last time we were here we missed it. We won't let that happen again. Then it was onto Primeval Whirl and a few games. Lunch was at Restuarasaurus. What a busy place. We had Fast Passes for Kilimanjaro Safari's. So off to the wild. We had to wait about 15 minutes for this one. The animals did not want to stay off the roads so vehicles were taking longer to come back. I always enjoy this ride.(The whole 3 times I have been on it!) We saw lots of animals which was a little weird for them to so active when it was warm and humid. But all the better for us!! Next we hit Rafiki's Planet Watch. DD was excited to be there as so was Jiminy (spelling?) Cricket. Of course right when it was time to have her picture taken with him the camera batteries died. Luckily I had spares in our backpack. We then ran into the Talking Trash Can. That was a blast. People had no ides what to make of it. DD and I had been looking for it - since I read about. People could not figure out who was talking to them or why a trash can was following them. We just sat and laughed. We headed back to do Kali River Rapids. DD and I were looking to cool off. DH decided to stay dry. Again only a 5 minute wait. I have never been on this ride and not gotten soaked. Well I guess there is a first for everything. The ladies next to us in their rain gear got soaked - us just a drip or two. The one lady said she would need to go back to her room and change she was so wet. Next we hit It's Tough To Be A Bug and the Nemo Musical. That was a nice show. DD got alot of autographs today. We headed back to the room to get cleaned up for dinner at Cap'n Jacks and an evening in Downtown Disney. We took the launch from Port Orleans to Downtown. What a nice ride. Dinner at Cap'n Jacks was great. We were seated right away and service and food were great. We then went shopping. DD and DH spent forever in the pin store. I was able to trade with a lady outside for one of the Year of a Million Dreams pins that the Dream Team gives away. already had the 2 from Disneyland from the write in drawing. I really wanted to get the other 2. I was very happy to find it. After alot of shopping we took the launch back to the hotel it was a little chilly on the way back but still enjoyable. We drifeted off to sleep with memories of a very fun and busy day.
Up Next: MGM and dinner at Chef Mickey's

AbeeNormal
11-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Glad to see you got the pins you wanted - sounds like another great day. :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
11-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

realtreebar
11-30-2007, 12:54 AM
thanks for sharing! " gotta love:mickey: "

RedheadWriter
12-01-2007, 08:40 AM
:)

faline
12-04-2007, 11:12 AM
It's strange how Kali River Rapids works and who gets wet and who stayed relatively dry!

Glad you discovered Dinosaur - it's one of my favorites though, somehow, I didn't get to ride it at all on our last trip!