PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Dinner

Cinderelley
11-29-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm debating whether or not to spend Christmas at WDW in 2009. If we do, what is y'all's opinion on Christmas dinner. I thought about LTT - we love the place, the Candlelight Processional - it is Christmas after all or skipping the parks entirely. The con I can see is having to get to the park early in order to avoid being shut out for dinner when the park reaches capacity. Then we won't be able to go back to the room to take a break or anything. What do you guys think?

GrmGrninGost
11-29-2007, 06:16 PM
For me, I'm always looking for a reason to go to Liberty Tree for dinner! I say go for it! :santa3:

IloveDisney71
11-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Of all of the places I've eaten at Disney, the LTT is the closest thing I've found to a "Christmas" meal at home.

ElenitaB
11-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Just about each and every TS restaurant at WDW will have a special menu on Christmas (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/christmasdining.asp). Unless you absolutely MUST go to a park for Christmas dinner and don't mind having to deal with major crowds, go for it.

We went to LTT for Thanksgiving dinner, thinking it was a GREAT idea. It was and so did everyone else. The lines to the ladies' room rivalled the lines to major attractions, and there's no Fast Pass available. ;) In 2006, we changed it up a bit! We went to LTT for Thanksgiving EVE and made Thursday's Thanksgiving dinner a quieter affair at our resort. It was nice because we took time to enjoy the company of family and friends, and focus on each other (not that you don't do that at the parks but it was quieter and therefore a lot calmer). The kids went to the game room with one of the dads, and the moms had a chance to chat at length. It was really :cloud9: and a plan I will put into play again in 2008 (God willing).

Maybe something like that would work for your family! And I can see either of your ideas working just as well on Christmas eve as on Christmas. Good luck with your choices! But not matter what you decide, please make those ADRs ASAP!

Kairi_7378
11-30-2007, 06:53 AM
I agree with Ellen. I would do the Candlelight Processional on Christmas Eve. I think Christmas would be a great time to have a special dinner at one of the resorts.

AwPhooey
11-30-2007, 08:31 AM
I voted for LTT because I love the restaurant and it is the closest thing I've seen to a traditional Christmas dinner. I would imagine, however, reservations are tough to get.

I've never done CP, so I couldn't really choose that option. Hopefully someday I'll be able to attend and decide which of the two is best!

goofysbabe
11-30-2007, 10:01 AM
I voted Candlelight - we were there around Christmas one year and was able to catch a little bit of this (we were just standing by American Adventure) I would have loved to been able to seen the entire thing.

Mackflava99
11-30-2007, 10:36 AM
I have never been on Christmas, but i am jealous:0 have a great time

meldan98
11-30-2007, 12:47 PM
I voted Candlelight, this is what Christmas is about. Plus, Epcot isn't as busy and MK on Christmas day. You can also walk around and see the different Santa's in each country.

KAT1811
12-01-2007, 10:41 AM
If you go I'd do the processional, you can eat at LLT any time you're in WDW.

IMHO I would avoid Christmas in the World all together, I'd go prior to the holiday and enjoy the smaller crowds and the decorations and be home for the holidays. I've heard nightmares about the crowds and it doesn't sound like fun to me. Just my opinion I'm sure many people love the holidays in the parks we however, avoid crowds like the plague.

Meghan
12-01-2007, 11:34 AM
I voted for Candlelight. You can eat at LTT any time you're at WDW and it will also have that same menu. Candlelight is so amazing, and I think it's even more amazing on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. Plus, if you buy the Candlelight dinner package, the crowds won't matter as much because you'll have seats reserved already.

Cinderelley
12-01-2007, 08:51 PM
All three answers are still very close although there does seem to be a slight lean towards LTT or staying out of the parks.

We traditionally attend a candlelight service at our church on Christmas Eve, so I'm kind've leaning towards doing CP on Christmas Eve. Then I'll just have to decide about Christmas Day. Keep the opinions coming!:D

awaggett
12-04-2007, 06:10 PM
We did CP on Christmas Eve and had an amazing dinner at California Grill on Christmas night. We timed it perfectly with the fireworks--it was awesome! We chose to avoid the parks on Christmas day--we spent the day checking out decorations at other resorts and relaxing.

DDuck66
12-05-2007, 10:50 AM
We were there for Christmas in 2006 and yes the crowds were heavy...but we LOVED it. We made good use of the EMH mornings and did everything we wanted by the time that the parks got really mobbed. Would I go every year for Christmas Day...probably not, but it sure is nice every once in a while.
This year we are going on the 8th for Osborne Lights, and on the 14th and 15th for MVMCP and the CP at Epcot.