PDA

View Full Version : BBBoutique costume

luvkatiebug
11-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I am planning to take my 3 and 7 year old to get a "make over" at the BBBoutique in May, but I can't stomach the thought of paying for the Costume included package. I was wondering if a lot of people bring their own costumes and then do the make over. I was going to buy a costume at home, and dress them in it before we go. What has been your experience? Thanks!:mickey:

Taja
11-29-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't have children, so have no personal experience, but I believe you will find many people bring their costumes.

Your princesses can have hair, makeup and nails done without purchasing additional items, if that's your choice. :thumbsup:

tiaramom
11-29-2007, 05:34 PM
We Went To Bbb At The Castle A Few Months Ago
Yes, Alot Buy The Whole Get Up
But.. There Are Plenty With Their Own Costumes Too.
They Really Do A Great Job Either Way.
But- It Is Really Worth It To Get The Whole Package $179
Includes Everything From Costume To Tiara - Make Up To Take Home-
And A Photo Session And Packet.
Its Great

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
11-29-2007, 08:11 PM
We did the full Castle package for our DD who was just shy of 4 in September.

I have to say she was not thrilled with it at all. Our Fairy Godmother In Training did not have the most outgoing personality and it was packed. I think that had a lot to do with it.

Anyway...she loves to get her dress and shoes each year. That was what we did each year before we did BBB this past trip. I think we will go back to that next year if she seems unsure.

BUT...If she wants to go and actually will enjoy it, we would get the big package again with no problem. I just felt bad for her. She was really nervous. :(

After those long ramblings...lol....there were lots of other girls who brought their own dresses in. There were also girls that just got made up in their regular clothes. I would do whatever you are comfortable with.

Have a great time!!

ftwildernesskid
11-30-2007, 08:36 PM
We took our DD a month ago. We bought a dress from EBAY and she put it on there. I actually liked it better than the one they offered there. The fairy godmothers didn't bat an eye. We let her get a pair of slippers there. My DD saw them on another little princess and wanted some of her own. The fairy godmother didn't push the sale and she was very helpful in finding her the right size.
We went first thing in the morning. By that night our princess's hair was already coming down. I went in to the BBB to see if I could use a couple bobby pins to pin it up a little better and they re-did her hair completely free of charge. They were so nice about it and apologized for it not lasting longer. The second "do" lasted almost 2 days more. I hope your experience there is as magical as ours was.

tinksmom02
11-30-2007, 09:07 PM
My dd5 isn't really into dress up (except for Pirates and Power Rangers LOL), but does enjoy some girly-girl stuff, so I made the decision NOT to do the castle package. Her grandmother gave her a very pretty sundress for her birthday, so I saved that and she wore it to her BBB appointment. No one tried said anything, or tried to convince us to "upgrade."

I took her to Guest Relations for the photo shoot and the pictures came out really nice. She was very impressed with the sash, and spent the day walking around like a beauty pageant queen LOL

The best part was that she was perfectly comfortable for the remainder of the day! We went to dinner at 1900 that night, and two little girls behind us in line were scratching and pulling at their costumes. For my DD, anyway, the castle package would have been a waste. Of course, if she WAS a dress-up girly girl, I would've gotten it for her, no question LOL

So to answer your question, you can have your DD wear her own clothes or costumes.

luvkatiebug
11-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks so much for the suggestions. My girls do love the girly princess stuff, but are also the type that would probably want to take the dress off in 10 or 20 minutes. I am planning to do the makeover on our "day off" from the parks at Downtown Disney, so they don't have to stay in their costumes if they don't want to (like if we were in the parks for a long day). I may wait and see what they feel like when the trip gets closer. ... can't wait!:princess:

EPCOT84
12-01-2007, 01:44 PM
FYI, I just posted in "Theme Parks" a WDW press release dated Nov 29 on a new BBB in the MK !

cajunbaby1
01-25-2008, 04:35 AM
I'm planning on taking my 8 yr old dtr in June for a girls only trip. What kind of outfit do y'all recommend? I'm thinking cool outfit rather than princess..need some help :D

GO TIGERS!!!!!
LSU IS #1:party:

merlinmagic4
01-25-2008, 06:40 AM
I'm planning on taking my 8 yr old dtr in June for a girls only trip. What kind of outfit do y'all recommend? I'm thinking cool outfit rather than princess..need some help :D

GO TIGERS!!!!!
LSU IS #1:party:

My daughter had wanted to be a "Pop Diva" when she was thinking about going last trip. So, I reserved the castle package thinking they had a "Pop Diva" outfit. When we got there, they only had princess dresses so I guess I kind of talked her out of the dress. She had a bunch of princess dresses and I guess I felt she didn't really need or want another one. Anyway, I think she really did want the dress so we are going back again and (choke) doing the castle package.

So, to sum up an uneccessarily long reply :blush:they do not have a "cool outfit" but make sure she doesn't still want the princess dress! They do have some pirate and diva clothing in the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and you can just buy that and get dressed before if she likes something better there. I am not sure if they have the same selection at the castle. Maybe someone will come along with that information!

baby minnie's mommy
01-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Haven't done BBB yet, but DH and I want to let DD do it. My preference, in order to cut costs, would be to get my DD a dress at home, then get her hair and nails done at BBB, plus a tiara if they'll just add that.

By the way...the Disney Store just came out with beautiful spring princess dresses! I saw them yesterday, and was gaga over them! :cloud9: They cost about $40. I noticed they just had the Cinderella one online, but in our store they also had Aurora and Belle dresses. The tiaras are on headbands, which would be awesome for someone (like my DD) who's hair can't hold the kind with combs. There are shoes, too. (Everything sold separately.)

cajunbaby1
01-26-2008, 04:26 PM
:cool: Thanks guys for the info. Everyday its a toss up bewteen being a Princess or Rockin it out like Hannah Montana..lol Maybe we'll just do a Rockin Princess.

luvkatiebug
01-26-2008, 10:11 PM
"By the way...the Disney Store just came out with beautiful spring princess dresses! I saw them yesterday, and was gaga over them! They cost about $40."

I saw these too, and I was thinking the same thing. I thought they were gorgeous, and they might do for our trip. I still haven't decided yet - got a while to decide. :mickey: