PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about Beach Club/Yatch Club

buzznwoodysmom
11-28-2007, 06:57 PM
After having a lovely Thanksgiving dinner at Cape May cafe and spending hours in the Beach Club/Yatch Club/Boardwalk area we are in love with this place. DH's boss has been asking me questions about where his family should stay for their first vacation next Thanksgiving and I think the Beach/Yatch Club would be great for their family. They love the water and the beach and he loves boats. I do have a few questions about Beach Club, not only for him, but for myself as well. I think our next trip will be spent at the Beach Club.

We saw that there was a campfire going on on the beach as well as a large blow up screen playing a movie. Is this done everynight? And if not how many nights a week do they do this? This is something my kids would love and I think his family would enjoy as some down time from the parks.

If you are staying in the Beach Club Villas can you use Storm Along Bay pool? I think I saw that there was a pool near the villas so I am just wondering if you are also allowed to use the "cool pool"!

Does anyone have a map of the room numbers like they give you when you check in to show you where your room is? While sitting in rocking chairs on the "back porch" facing the boardwalk we saw a few rooms that we would love to stay in. They were right down a hall by the gift shop. The bottom floor rooms had normal balconies and a pretty good view. I think it would be great to be able to take a quick walk to the little grab and go deli located in the gift shop. I wish I had thought of going in and looking at the room number at the time. If anyone knows any of these room numbers please let me know!

Also is Yatchsman steak house worth two dining credits? A few years ago while eating at Beaches N Cream DH said one day he'd like to eat here. If we are staying at one of these resorts we may try it if it is worth it.

Thanks.

Figaro
11-28-2007, 08:41 PM
I was deployed to work at Y&B for a week, so this is just from what I found out during my week there....

Campfire
Yes, as far as I know, it's every night. It's really quite nice. It's right on the beach, and has a GREAT view onto Boardwalk also.

BCV can use Stormalong Bay?
As far as I know, there isn't a problem. I don't see why they wouldn't let you use it anyways, since your a VC member.

Steakhouse
I've heard the Steakhouse is one of the best on property. :thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
11-29-2007, 12:08 AM
We saw that there was a campfire going on on the beach as well as a large blow up screen playing a movie. Is this done everynight?This is fairly new and it is something done every night. As with everything else, it's subject to change.

If you are staying in the Beach Club Villas can you use Storm Along Bay pool?Yes, you definitely can use the Stormalong Bay pool and the quiet pools.

Does anyone have a map of the room numbers like they give you when you check in to show you where your room is?Outside links cannot be posted here, but I'd be happy to send you a private message with that information.

Also is Yatchsman steak house worth two dining credits?Speaking from my own personal experience there, it's absolutely worth it.

disney323
11-29-2007, 09:34 AM
The main pool can be used by only those staying at the YC and BC. you must show your ID at the pool and they will give you a wrist band so you can go in and out with out being checked again. You need to exit the pool area to go down the slide.

The fires and movies is new to me, I have never seen or heard about that when we stayed or when we stay at the BW. We always go to Cape May Cafe and Beaches and Cream on every trip or just walk around the lake on the way back to BW, so we are very familar with the area. I have never noticed any activity on the beach at night, except for special occations, Grad nights, Business functions, Wedding receptions.

The room number I don't remember but i would think they would have low numbers, The rooms usually go from low near the lobby to high as you get further away.

The steakhouse is very good if you enjoy a good quality meal.

buzznwoodysmom
11-29-2007, 09:49 AM
The fires and movies is new to me, I have never seen or heard about that when we stayed or when we stay at the BW. We always go to Cape May Cafe and Beaches and Cream on every trip or just walk around the lake on the way back to BW, so we are very familar with the area. I have never noticed any activity on the beach at night, except for special occations, Grad nights, Business functions, Wedding receptions.

We were just there eating dinner for Thanksgiving and they had a small fire on the beach. Lots of children were making smores. They also had a blown up screen and were showing a movie. They had lounge chairs lined up for guests to wach the movie. I know it exists, I just didn't know if it was everynight or only on special occasions. From other posts it looks like this is something new that is offered nightly. This is the kind of stuff my children love to do!!!

TammiMcMan
11-29-2007, 10:26 AM
This is the kind of stuff my children love to do!!!They also have pool games during the day at Stormalong Bay. They should have an activities list when you check in.

ThanxForNoticin
11-29-2007, 12:28 PM
If you are staying in the Beach Club Villas can you use Storm Along Bay pool? I think I saw that there was a pool near the villas so I am just wondering if you are also allowed to use the "cool pool"!

Guests staying at the YC, BC, or BC Villas are allowed to use all the YC/BC pools, including the quiet pools and Stormalong Bay. In fact, ONLY guests of YC, BC, or BCV are permitted to use SB - no pool hopping for anyone at SB. Be sure to take your room key with you when you visit the pool.

You will love the BC Villas. The location, the "feel", the service, and the pool make it an amazing experience. Have a great time.

mouseketeer mom
11-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi Denise!
Our neighbors are DVC owners and stay 10 days at the Beach Club villas each July. Yep. You can use Stormalong Bay. Your boys would love it. One of our best memories was when my unsuspecting DD, 9 at the time, slid into the pool in the whirlpool section! We had no idea about the whirlpool. !!!! She slipped right in and was talking to me and Whooooooo! She went spinning around in a circle. I think that might be the hardest Khloe and I ever laughed together. It was hysterical.
Any chance you'd be staying there next Thanksgiving?:secret:;)

buzznwoodysmom
11-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Any chance you'd be staying there next Thanksgiving?:secret:;)

Next Thanksgiving? I tell you the way me and the kids have been sulking around the house since we got back we just might be able to do a number on DH and get back there. Even he admits that he loved being there for Thanksgiving. Plus his boss's family will probably be there next Thanksgiving and wouldn't it be wonderful if they had us to show them around a bit? Right now I'd do just about anything to insure that we are back there next Thanksgiving!! We'll just have to see!

mouseketeer mom
11-29-2007, 04:03 PM
HA! Me too. Lets start making our plans. :party::party::party:

Taja
11-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Yachtsman Steakhouse is excellent. :thumbsup: You'll hear an occasional complaint, but you'll mostly hear/read positive reviews.

In addition to the quality of food and service, I like the table placement. They actually allow a bit of space between tables. That was one of the things that completely turned me off at Le Cellier in October 2006--i was practically sitting in a stranger's lap because the tables are crammed too close together! Loved that restaurant before that trip!

Aggie97
12-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I can't speak to any of your other questions, but we just ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse Saturday night for the first time in seven years, and it was wonderful. My husband loved the lobster bisque, and our steaks were perfect. The service was great too. Have fun! :mickey: