PDA

View Full Version : Coffee at Poly?

mickey&missy
11-28-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm wondering if all the coffee at the Polynesian is Kona Coffee or if they serve the regular WDW Nescafe :ack: at Capt. Cooks.

I believe there is a coffee bar outside Kona Cafe where you can buy a cup. Is this true? Can you get a refillable mug?

I'm a big coffee drinker and I'm kind of particular about it. I can't wait to get to poly and get my first cup of Kona Coffee!

EPCOT84
11-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Coffee addicts will enjoy the Kona Cafe coffee bar :thumbsup:

(didn't have coffee at Captain Cook's so I don't know but I will guess standard fare)

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-28-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm wondering if all the coffee at the Polynesian is Kona Coffee or if they serve the regular WDW Nescafe :ack: at Capt. Cooks.

I believe there is a coffee bar outside Kona Cafe where you can buy a cup. Is this true? Can you get a refillable mug?

I'm a big coffee drinker and I'm kind of particular about it. I can't wait to get to poly and get my first cup of Kona Coffee!

:blush: Someone said in a thread a few weeks ago that you could get the Kona coffee at Captain Cooke's and Tonga Toast as well. I've never been there so I can't say 100%.

SBETigg
11-28-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't know how it is now, but when I stayed at the Poly in '05, it was the nasty Nescafe at Captain Cook's-- but you could get the excellent Kona coffee at the upstairs Kona Cafe coffee bar, and they also sell delicious pastries up there.

You can't use your standard resort refillable mug at the coffee bar, but they may have other refillables for purchase, not sure.

LW_DFREAK
11-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Good question! I am a HUGE coffee drinker too and will be staying at the Poly in May. When we stayed there a couple years ago I didn't take advantage of the coffee at the Kona Cafe. You will have to let me know how you make out :mickey:

illini
11-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Kona Coffee Shop sells *great* coffee. Not having had breakie at Kona, I can't say for sure it's the same but it is most definitely NOT Nescafe bile. DH got a cup every single morning, and I had several myself. Fabulous!

thejens
11-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Why oh why can't they have decent coffee in the refillable mugs? I had to keep adding hot chocolate in mine to make it palatable. I don't consider myself a real fussy coffee drinker, but that stuff in the beverage stations was nasty!!:sick: Can you use your snack credits for the Kona coffee does anyone know?

minnie-mouse
11-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Capt. Hooks sells regular coffee, although Kona coffee is fabulous!

Tinkerfreak
11-29-2007, 09:54 AM
When we stayed there last month they had the Nescafe stuff in the refillable mug area. I ended up going to the Kona Express a few times to get good coffee because I could not stand it anymore. I ended up using the refillable mug for hot chocolate more than for coffee.

Jared
11-29-2007, 10:00 AM
The coffee bar outside Kona Cafe is a little perk for those staying at the Polynesian. Forgo buying a refillable mug and enjoy the coffee and delicious pastry for a quick breakfast each morning before heading out to the parks.

BriarRose0708
11-29-2007, 11:27 AM
I dream of the Kona Press Pot :cloud9:

Enjoy!

Figment!
11-29-2007, 02:52 PM
I believe there is a coffee bar outside Kona Cafe where you can buy a cup. Is this true? Yes.

From Walt Disney World Dining Guide (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningguide/default.asp)
Kona Island Coffee Bar
Meals: Snacks
Hours: 6:30am-11:00am
Type: Lounge Service
Price Range: Items Under $10
Advanced Dining Reservations: No
Cuisine: Hot Beverages and Pastries
Description: Enjoy a signature Kona blend coffee or assorted pastries.

Can you get a refillable mug? The Kona Island Coffee Bar does not participate in the refillable mug program.

illini
11-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Can you use your snack credits for the Kona coffee does anyone know?

Yep, sure can. Although we often used cash because it wasn't very expensive (I want to say $2.50 or so with tax, but I could be WAY wrong).