PDA

View Full Version : Building suggestions for Poly??

brown1442
11-28-2007, 02:32 PM
We are staying at the Polynesian next week (Dec 3-9). Any suggestions for which buildings to request. Which are most convenient? Is first or second floor better?? Any general suggestions??

We have 2 rooms requested... one for my parents and then the other for my family which is my husband, 2 sons (2.5 and almost 5), and I.

SBETigg
11-28-2007, 03:16 PM
I like Rarotonga, but Samoa, Fiji, and Tokelau are all good choices. In fact, I wouldn't request a building. I would focus on what's most important to you in room and ask for that. The key is to prioritize your requests and don't ask for too much. The more specific you are in making requests, the harder it becomes for them to accommodate you in what matters most.

Consider what is most important to you in making the requests. Having rooms together, having rooms near the GCH or Volcano Pool, having a balcony or patio, etc. They may be able to do one or two things, but not all. It depends on what's available. Best wishes with it.

EPCOT84
11-28-2007, 03:26 PM
brown1442, I just PM'd you a website suggestion for your additional research

KarenP
11-28-2007, 04:46 PM
I like Samoa and Tokelau. I prefer 1st or 3rd floor. Some buildings do not have balconies on the 2nd floor.

minnie-mouse
11-29-2007, 09:07 AM
I love Raratonga! Right next to the Main house, so short walk to monorail, food and shops. Quiet pool is right outside your door, as is the arcade, and the TTC is a short walk too.
Great location!

LW_DFREAK
11-29-2007, 04:31 PM
I agree. We stayed in Rarotonga at our last visit. VERY CONVENIENT TO EVERYTHING. At first I wasn't sure how I would like our first floor room facing the Monorail, but with my boys loving trains - it was great! It really contributed to the Disney experience!:thumbsup:

mickeefan
11-29-2007, 04:35 PM
We prefer Samoa. It is close to everything and on one side is the quiet pool and on the other is the volcano pool. We have never found either side to be noisy.

illini
11-29-2007, 09:01 PM
We were in Tokelau two weeks ago and loved it. It was maybe two minutes from GCH, and probably 5 minutes from TTC. Extremely convenient. While not as close to GCH as Rarotonga or Samoa (which would be my next two choices), it is closer to TTC so if you're going to spend time at Epcot, that's a bonus.

At first, I thought it was a long way from the GCH but then I realized that was just because I was trying to figure out where I was going. It was a perfect location.

Tikiman's website (just google tikiman) is great and will give you lots of info on all the buildings.