PDA

View Full Version : Make a change and keep a discount??

ToDisney
11-28-2007, 01:38 AM
Do you know if it is possible to use the code that I've made reservations with (got a good rate) and change to another resort?

I have no doubt that the code is now expired. I just wondered if since I already have a package could I just upgrade? Not cancel and start all over again...

Just wondering what ya'll thought, before I get on the phone and start stumbling through this.:blush:

mouseketeer mom
11-28-2007, 06:25 AM
We used a great room only rate and when we attempted to switch resorts the code was expired. Because of that we were not able to use that code when switching. Also, even if the code is not expired, blocks of rooms that were tied to the code might sell out, and no longer be available at those specific resorts.

Jenemmy
11-28-2007, 07:41 AM
The only thing I could compare this to is something I did two years ago. I had booked one of the free dining packages and then right before our trip and long after the free dining promotion had expired, my DH wanted to upgrade us from POP to CR.

When I initially called, I was totally shot down by the CM. I made mention of it here on Intercot and a few fellow posters encouraged me to try again until a found a CM who was at least willing to try. On my third attempt (which was going to be my last attempt, by the way) I found a CM who dug into it for me and was able to upgrade us and still keep the free dining. It did involve the CM putting me on hold and making another call herself, but I honestly don't know who she called.

So, I guess the moral of the story is -- there is a slight possibility and maybe worth a couple of attempts. Especially at the 45 day mark where some folks may have cancelled their reservation under that code.

mouseketeer mom
11-28-2007, 07:50 AM
The only thing I could compare this to is something I did two years ago. I had booked one of the free dining packages and then right before our trip and long after the free dining promotion had expired, my DH wanted to upgrade us from POP to CR.

When I initially called, I was totally shot down by the CM. I made mention of it here on Intercot and a few fellow posters encouraged me to try again until a found a CM who was at least willing to try. On my third attempt (which was going to be my last attempt, by the way) I found a CM who dug into it for me and was able to upgrade us and still keep the free dining. It did involve the CM putting me on hold and making another call herself, but I honestly don't know who she called.

So, I guess the moral of the story is -- there is a slight possibility and maybe worth a couple of attempts. Especially at the 45 day mark where some folks may have cancelled their reservation under that code.

I totally agree with you Jen. That is one of the things that baffles me about Disney. Usually they are so specific, and pay so much attention to every little detail. But not their phone CM's. It really does depend who you get. You could try 10 different times and get 10 different answers.

JPL
11-28-2007, 08:40 AM
You could try 10 different times and get 10 different answers.

That's a long standing joke with Disney CRO if you don't like the answer you get keep calling back until you do ;)

This is why it pays to book eith Magical Journeys they can handle all the details like this for you some of them without you even knowing.

ToDisney
11-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks guys!

It sounds like it could be worth a shot, but I'm happy where I'm at, it was just a last minute idea. With AKL construction, and a little extra Christmas cash, I just thought about a little upgrade. I just don't want to break the bank.;)
Again, thanks for the advice.

CAN"T WAIT TO GOOOO!!!!:mickey: