PDA

View Full Version : Pop Warner??

Lil Chip
11-27-2007, 11:30 PM
My husband and I are visiting Disney Dec 1 - Dec 7... (YAY only one more week!)

I've been reading horror stories on message boards regarding Pop Warner week... How will
this affect our visit?

Thanks!
Lil Chip :) :blush:

Knitty Kitty
11-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Hi Lil Chip -

:welcome: to Intercot!

I've never been down during Pop Warner week, but what I've heard from Wendy at Magical Journeys and others on this board is that Pop Warner tends not to affect the parks much. The only problems I have heard about are rowdy bunches of kids at some of the resorts the teams are staying at. I believe PW families tend to stay at one of the All Stars or at POR since they can have five in a room there.

We're going to be at CBR about the same time as you - Dec 3rd thru the 9th! I hope you have a fantastic trip.

Lil Chip
11-28-2007, 02:18 AM
Thanks so much! We are staying at the Caribbean Beach as well! So excited! :):)

kakn7294
11-28-2007, 03:08 AM
We were there last year during Pop Warner week. They don't really effect the crowd levels that much although they do tend to hit the parks more as the week wears on and teams are eliminated. The worst impact is at the resorts at which they stay - generally the All-Star Sports and Music and Port Orleans Riverside resorts. I have heard horror stories there. We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and so had to share buses but otherwise, they weren't much of a problem. You shouldn't have any at CBR. We did occasionally run across large groups of cheerleader who were a bit annoying - breaking into cheers in the middle of lines, etc, but nothing major. Have a great trip!

faline
11-28-2007, 05:57 AM
We've been several times during Pop Warner but never did stay at the same resorts where they were housed.

As others have noted, the largest impact seems to be on the resorts where they are staying. There was little impact on the parks. When we did run into groups of teenagers in the park,they were mostly pleasant and polite though occasionally they could have used some practice using their "inside voices"! ;)

Taja
11-28-2007, 12:58 PM
I was at WDW during Pop Warner in 2004. No significant impact in the parks, but Pop Century certainly had a group of them! While they probably don't book groups there, some people must have booked themselves outside the group hotels.

The kids were pretty good. Full of energy and occasionally a bit loud, but good. But some of the parents...:( They thought nothing of bellowing from the third floor down to the pool. Glad I'm not their neighbor at home! *LOL*

Figgyluv03
11-28-2007, 01:07 PM
One of the girls I work this is heading down there this weekend for POP Warner! Her daughers team won the North Division or somehthing like that, so I'm so excited for them! I told her about the horror stories, but her kids are good, so you won't have to worry about two kids misbehaving! ha ha! Go Delran!

Meghan
11-28-2007, 06:58 PM
When I used to work in a resort, Pop Warner always brought crazy crowds to the food court. There were times when it would be insane! But during those same times I never noticed much of a difference at the parks.

Fryguy
11-29-2007, 01:15 AM
We are heading down on Saturday and where not aware of all of this! Glad that we are at CBR and not one of the others. But this does explain alot of the problems with making dining arragements!

mudpuppysmom
11-29-2007, 09:27 AM
We were there last December when they were and I was a little apprehensive about the trip, but really the only time I encountered any of the Pop Warner kids (we usually stay at SOG) was at the TTC on night on our way to MVMCP. They really were rude and obnoxious, but then again I never saw an adult with the group I'm mentioning. Every time I would try to steer around them they would scatter and start screaming and yelling. It was frustrating to say the least, but that was the only time I encountered them -- and inside the park a bit before the CM's cleared the park of all non party guests.