PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving with a twist! Day 10 and thoughts

mouseketeer mom
11-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Ugh. Departure day. And it is sunny and so very warm.....Grrrrrr...
We had breakfast in the lounge, and then hit the pool. I shopped while the others swam. I took a ton of pictures and looked around. I pined for the Poly. And I was still there. Not good.
Off to DME, luggage in tow. We checked in and off we went. The bus was packed and I ended up sitting next to a grandma from Boston who was a delight to talk to about our trips and she kept my mind off the fact we were heading to MCO.
So I'm home now. So grateful for this time with my family, free of distractions, free of school, gymnastics, schedules. Time goes very quickly. I feel it more than ever now. These trips with my family mean the world to me. I never forget how blessed and lucky I am.
Soooo.. I am happy for the way we planned it. I love trying new places and the CR was new for us. It was a fun, high energy place to begin our trip. We would stay there again. But never for a whole week. We would always end someplace more relaxing.
We are already planning our next one. (what did you think???;))
Our plan is WL first/Poly second. We love the splitting thing. It feels like we are extending our vacation. No kidding it really feels like two separate trips.
I know my kids are growing fast. Just look at how Katie took off on the water mouse! My husband and I saw it as a look into the future. Oh boy, when she can drive.
I know that it is my goal to keep my kids young as long as possible. To keep them believing in magic and dreams and their unlimited potential. Disneyworld can help me do that. I hope to keep these trips going as long as they want to keep coming with me.
Thanks for reading everyone!

emerzmom
11-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks for a great trip report. Take it from a mom of a 17 yr old....they grow up WAY too fast! I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying and making the most out of every minute with your kids. It sounds like a trip your kids will never forget.

dolphinmickey9170
11-27-2007, 11:06 PM
What a great trip!! Thanks for taking us with you!:mickey:

realtreebar
11-27-2007, 11:56 PM
thanks for sharing!!! "gotta love:mickey:"

RedheadWriter
11-28-2007, 06:55 AM
I made my first trip to WDW when I was 13 in 1988. I love it more today than then! I hope your children never outgrow the magic! Your trip reports were so wonderful to read!:D
Rachel

buzznwoodysmom
11-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Lisa,

I am so glad your family had such a wonderful trip. So sorry we didn't ever get to meet up, even though we were so close on so many days. We'll have to get back there at the same time again one day and make better plans to meet. I hope your kids never stop wanting to go to WDW with you. They do grow up so fast and I find myself appreciating that mine are still so young so much lately. Before I know it they'll be teenagers. Was this your first trip to WDW for Thanksgiving? This was our first time and we really loved it. If we continue to choose not to take our kids out of school we'll continue going for Thanksgiving. I didn't find it bad at all. The only day that was really bad was the Friday after Thanksgiving, but hey if I would have been home I'd have been fighting the crowds shopping. I'd much rather fight crowds at WDW than in a mall!!!! Thank you for taking us on your journey, I enjoyed reading all of your reports! May your family have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

mouseketeer mom
11-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Lisa,

I am so glad your family had such a wonderful trip. So sorry we didn't ever get to meet up, even though we were so close on so many days. We'll have to get back there at the same time again one day and make better plans to meet. I hope your kids never stop wanting to go to WDW with you. They do grow up so fast and I find myself appreciating that mine are still so young so much lately. Before I know it they'll be teenagers. Was this your first trip to WDW for Thanksgiving? This was our first time and we really loved it. If we continue to choose not to take our kids out of school we'll continue going for Thanksgiving. I didn't find it bad at all. The only day that was really bad was the Friday after Thanksgiving, but hey if I would have been home I'd have been fighting the crowds shopping. I'd much rather fight crowds at WDW than in a mall!!!! Thank you for taking us on your journey, I enjoyed reading all of your reports! May your family have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Yep Denise,
It was our first Thanksgiving trip and I would love to do it again to avoid the big pulling out of school. When we pulled them for 5 days last year it made the coming home so much more stressful. I liked it this way better.
Yes! Our paths crossed so very much! Did you look at my day 6 pics??? Wondered if you recognized any of us!!! HA!
Lisa

buzznwoodysmom
11-28-2007, 10:24 AM
We've pulled out of school before, but they were only in PreK, K, and 1st grades at the time. In Feb. Collin missed a week in 1st grade for WDW and we had so much school work to make up. It just wasn't worth it. Thanksgiving was way less stressful that I thought it would be. I expected very long lines and huge crowds. The crowds were there, but it didn't really effect our days. The lines were always very reasonable. And the weather was perfect. In Feb. it was cold most days and then we all ended up with the flu. Not good going out into the cold with the flu. I didn't know it was the flu at the time, but being sick and being out in that cold weather made for a miserable time. We'll have to keep in touch to see if we ever plan a trip around the same time again!

Oh, I checked out your pictures and I didn't recognize any of you. LOL!!

KylesMom
11-28-2007, 11:40 AM
I know that it is my goal to keep my kids young as long as possible. To keep them believing in magic and dreams and their unlimited potential. Disneyworld can help me do that. I hope to keep these trips going as long as they want to keep coming with me.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts and magical memories - it was wonderful to relive them with you! :mickey:

pdrlkr
11-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

AbeeNormal
11-28-2007, 10:47 PM
:mickey: :mickey: Thank you so much for taking me on your magical journey. I absolutely loved your pictures your kids look so adventurous and outgoing, what a great time.

I really look forward to your next trip. :thumbsup:

faline
11-29-2007, 12:14 PM
I've enjoyed reading your reports. Thanks for taking the time to post them!

DizNee143
11-29-2007, 03:33 PM
aww what a great trip you and your family had..and i hope your kids will want to keep coming back again and again with you...
(if not ill be glad to fill in..lol)..
thanx for sharing your trip with us..i enjoyed reading all about it!! :mickey:

PeterPansMagic
11-30-2007, 02:54 AM
Loved the story & pictures. Just one question about the sea raycers though. When I read the rules it says you have to be at least 16 to ride the boat with an adult. It also said that if you want to drive you must have a license and at a certain height which I dont have either. Im just curious how they let you guys get by like that? Im also afraid to go on it because I dont know how far youre allowed to go.

I would love to ride on the pedal boats.

mouseketeer mom
11-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Loved the story & pictures. Just one question about the sea raycers though. When I read the rules it says you have to be at least 16 to ride the boat with an adult. It also said that if you want to drive you must have a license and at a certain height which I dont have either. Im just curious how they let you guys get by like that? Im also afraid to go on it because I dont know how far youre allowed to go.

I would love to ride on the pedal boats.

The rules for the seven seas lagoon and Bay lake are that you must be at least 12 years old and 5 feet tall to operate a sea raycer. They did have my DD stand next to a height marker to be sure, before they allowed her to drive. They did show us a map of restricted areas, but my DD's did get stopped twice by lake patrol for going into restricted areas and were redirected. Quite honestly, I didn't find that map of restricted areas helpful at all, I am map challegened! :blush: But lake patrol is everywhere, watching very closely, and stopped people many times during our time with the raycers. I am not sure if the rules are different for Crecent Lake by the Yacht and Beach club, in terms of requirements for the sea raycers. I actually think they might be., perhaps someone more familiar with that area will come along to help. Katie was not the only young teen operated the raycers., there were quite a few leaving from the Poly on the one day we drove them. Katie also JUST made the 5 feet mark..they were very strict about that. They said lake patrol looks to be sure drivers are truely a certain height. sooo..no liscense is needed, but the height requirement is enforced. Try them if you can! I have a pic posted of one of us (think its me!) on a sea raycer under day #6. Have fun!

PeterPansMagic
12-01-2007, 02:15 AM
The only problem I have with the sea raycers is that I'm not tall enough to ride it. Im only 4'9". :(

ElenitaB
12-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Lisa, thanks for sharing your trip with us. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your upcoming cruise!

Boy, am I glad that my DS doesn't read trip reports or he'd be all over that tidbit about the Sea Raycers. He loved the boats at Castaway Cay... I'm sure he'd love to drive something himself!

Sounds like next year there will be a whole bunch of us at WDW Thanksgiving week. Just how many people fit on a pontoon boat? We could do an Illuminations "meet."

mouseketeer mom
12-02-2007, 10:45 PM
The only problem I have with the sea raycers is that I'm not tall enough to ride it. Im only 4'9". :(

Well, its true you are not tall enough to drive it, but you are tall enough to ride it! Jump in with another driver and you will still have fun!

mouseketeer mom
12-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Lisa, thanks for sharing your trip with us. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your upcoming cruise!

Boy, am I glad that my DS doesn't read trip reports or he'd be all over that tidbit about the Sea Raycers. He loved the boats at Castaway Cay... I'm sure he'd love to drive something himself!

Sounds like next year there will be a whole bunch of us at WDW Thanksgiving week. Just how many people fit on a pontoon boat? We could do an Illuminations "meet."

I would love that! 10 people fit in an illuminations boat! We will be there next Thanksgiving week we have decided. Wouldn't that be great!