mouseketeer mom
11-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Cast
Me- Lisa
DH- Steve
DD 13 Katie
DD 11 Khloe
DS 8 Kai

Today we spent the daytime at the Poly. I'll tell you, we just love it there. We took water mice (sea raycers) out in the morning for our first time. They were a BLAST! (I posted 2 pics of the water mice action on Day 6 post, both me and my DS) I drove one alone, my DS and DH rode together, and MY 13 YO WAS ALLOWED TO DRIVE! She took my 11 yo daughter with her. Now heres where it got tricky. As parents, we figured we were all going to stick together, and the 1/2 hour rental was never clarified. HOWEVER, Katie got behind the wheel and Whoooooa! There she went. We saw just glimpses of them shooting past us here and again, but when our 1/2 hr was up, no Katie and Khloe to be found. I was so mad, as I heard the ka-ching ka-ching adding up on our room card. It was our fault tho, for assuming we were sticking together. They figured they could take all the time they wanted. Finally after an hour my DH rented another mouse and went to bring them in. He found them right away and they didn't charge him for that other mouse. We had lunch poolside that included Dole Whips from Capn Cooks!!!! We swam, then changed for dinner at the Rose and Crown. It was our first time there and we got a corner table right outside by the water! It was so lovely and I really loved our meal. However, we used the restrooms and did not like the inside of the Rose and Crown at all, it was a total bar scene, and we were glad we were seated outside. After dinner we walked to the Boardwalk from the international gateway and rented a surrey. We did 2 full laps and those hills are a killer!!! After the workout, we headed to Beaches and Cream to refuel;) We got ice cream sodas to go and watched some of the campfire movie on the beach and waited for it to be time for our Illuminations cruise. We headed over and we were on The Breathless. My husband wanted to try this boat instead of the Pontoon. It was pretty, but my girls had to sit way in the back seperate from us, and we couldn't talk or anything. I think the Pontoon is better suited for families. We cruised the lake for awhile before parking under the bridge for illuminations. It was wonderful to see it up close. It was magnificent and very, very special. We were too tired to handle Disney transportation at this point so we toured the Beach Club for awhile and then taxied it back to the Poly.

AbeeNormal
11-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Wow what a fun day on the water. Nice of Disney to not charge for the 2nd boat. :thumbsup:

Girls just gotta have fun:cloud9:

RedheadWriter
11-27-2007, 08:11 PM
:thumbsup: sounds like another great day!
Rachel

dolphinmickey9170
11-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Another great day!! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

realtreebar
11-28-2007, 12:15 AM
thanks for sharing!!! "gotta love:mickey:"

buzznwoodysmom
11-28-2007, 09:48 AM
What a lovely day spent relaxing! We walked the loop at the Beach club and you are right it is very hilly. What a beautiful walk, though. We could have stayed there all night. Glad to hear you are getting some great out of park time in!

KylesMom
11-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Wow what a flurry of activity! From the boats to the bike and then the cruise, you guys had a busy day without even touring the parks! The water mice have been on our list of "to do's" for a few years, but we never seem to have enough time. It looks like a blast! I'm really enjoying your reports! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
11-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
11-29-2007, 10:30 AM
What an active day! I would have been exhausted by the end of the day!

DizNee143
11-29-2007, 02:04 PM
what a great day!! sounds like you all have a great time on the sea raycers...espescially your daughter!! lol...glad you enjoyed dinner!! thanx for sharing :mickey:

ElenitaB
12-02-2007, 07:59 PM
What a fun day! You really know how to plan them! :thumbsup: