PDA

View Full Version : Best days May 2008

ally
11-27-2007, 04:16 PM
We have two choices for vacation Sat. May 24th-Thursday May 29th or Monday. May 26th-Sat. May 31st.

My question has anyone been over Memorial Day weekend. How are the crowds compared to Memorial Day week? Which dates would you choose.

Thanks for your help!

DDuck66
11-27-2007, 04:51 PM
I would avoid the Memorial Day Weekend if at all possible, especially the MK. We always go in May for our anniversay, but we try to avoid the Memorial Day week if at all possible. The earlier in may that you go, the less schools that are out. The weekends are always more crowded as a general rule, but especially Holiday weekends. We are going to the Poly May 10-17th!

DisneyWhirled
11-27-2007, 09:24 PM
We have been twice over the Memorial Day weekend. While crowds were noticeably heavier, they were manageable. I do note one late night at MK, having a very long bus wait and ride back to SSR.

It is a lovely time of year to go! So much so that we will be back there again 5/16-5/26/08!!

Good luck with your choice! Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you!

Tink#64
11-28-2007, 12:05 AM
We have made 4 trips in May & it's a wonderful time to visit WDW! But last year was the first that we've gone over the MD weekend. We won't do that again unless we have no choice! We've always gone the 3rd week of May & last year due to scheduling conflict we ended up with arriving the Saturday of the weekend prior to the holiday weekend. We noticed as soon as we arrived that it was more crowded. Apparently alot of kids were already out of school, our DS's weren't yet! They still had a week to go after our return! We stayed until the day before MD & it got more crowded as the week went on, but alot more so by the Friday of the holiday weekend.

We always stay at Pop & the main pool is really big & we've never seen it at all crowded, that weekend it was swamped! The food court at Pop was full! Lines were considerably longer.

I'm sure to those that visit during the higher peak times, MD weekend may seem ok, but to us who have visited during the lower crowds, it was noticeably more crowded! But don't get me wrong. If that was our only opp to visit - I would. I would also choose that over the busy & hot summer peak season. I think we've just gotten spoiled to the smaller crowds. But, we've noticed in Epcot, earlier in May you run into a lot of field trips! But these are pretty easy to manage & we just try to move in a different direction. And it only seems to be Epcot!

I would definitely choose to visit earlier if possible!:thumbsup:

faline
11-28-2007, 05:59 AM
Earlier in May is a better time to visit. Crowds do begin to pick up later in the month. If you are there when the Florida schools release for the summer (and you may well be with the dates you note), it may feel like every school child in the state immediately heads for the Magic Kingdom! That said, the crowds during May, even late May, are generally manageable!

BugeyedMuggy
11-28-2007, 09:52 AM
We were there memorial weekend to the following weekend this year. The Memorial weekenf was very crowded but during the week days it was ok. We usuall like early May ourselves.

ally
12-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks for your help. My 8 yr old doesn't get out of school until May 22nd so we can't go earlier in the year. We have decided to leave on Friday & start our trip at Disney on Saturday. We haven't been in 11 years & our girls (8 year old DD & twin 5 year old girls) have never been & we are so excited about our trip. Hopefully the crowds won't be too bad.

DisneyWhirled
12-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Have a great trip! If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me!!