PDA

View Full Version : narcosee's v California Grill

Horizon93
11-27-2007, 01:44 PM
DW and I are already thinking about ADRS for our trip to AKV next summer. We want to have a "special" dinner one of the nights. We are looking at Narcoosee's or Cali Grill. We know that they are both great, but we have never been to either one. We know that they are both $$ as well. Our DDE will help a little. Just looking to see which one everyone here thinks we should go with.

Thanks!

Polynesian Dweller
11-27-2007, 02:00 PM
We like Narcoossees a lot but some of that has to do with staying at the Poly. We can walk to Narcoossees it about 10 minutes and have a nice evening walk on the way back. We also find it a bit quieter than the Cali. As well, like the fact that we don't have to take an elevator inside a hotel for the supper.

The food quality is about the same. Really, you can't go wrong with either and they are both a great choice.

ibrowse17
11-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Having had "couples"dinner at both, I would say Narcoossee's. It is much more laid back and comfortable in my opinion. While you can plan dinner around the fireworks at either place, we really enjoyed watching them over dinner at Narcoossee's better.:thumbsup:

diz_girl
11-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Another vote for Narcoossee's. I dined there during my last trip to WDW and I can't wait to dine there again on our next trip. It has a relaxed atmosphere and the food is incredible. The California Grille has a more cosmopolitan feel to it.

SBETigg
11-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Love Narcoossee's but California Grill is just that much better for a special celebration. Here are my reviews of both, from August:

California Grill (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=114779)

Narcoossee's (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115714)

SurferStitch
11-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Ugh! It's like choosing my favorite between two children...

But....I have to go with Narcoossee's. Cali Grill is awesome, but Narcoossee's just edges it out (for us). Service is a little more intimate at Narcoossee's, but both places have amazing food, service and view of Wishes. Narcoossee's just has a little bigger place in our hearts.

You can't go wrong at either, though!

Hammer
11-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Ugh! It's like choosing my favorite between two children...

But....I have to go with Narcoossee's. Cali Grill is awesome, but Narcoossee's just edges it out (for us). Service is a little more intimate at Narcoossee's, but both places have amazing food, service and view of Wishes. Narcoossee's just has a little bigger place in our hearts.

You can't go wrong at either, though!

I agree with everything SurferStich said. I wanted to add that many people rave about the view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the California Grill. The view is great at the California Grill, but I prefer watching from outside on the deck at Narcoossee's as it wasn't as windy. We had a beautiful view of Hallowishes in October and the music is piped in.

busterthebronco
11-27-2007, 09:48 PM
cali is cool but the food is wierd.
too much fru fru for me and my DW.
narcoossees all the way!

Kairi_7378
11-28-2007, 08:06 AM
I would have to make the choice based on the menus and ADR availability. I haven't been to Narcoossee's because the menu at CA Grill works better for DH's diet. But I have heard great things about it and it is on my "one day" list! DH has said that the CA Grill is a MUST DO for every trip.

pox24
11-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Been to both multiple times.....

California Grille by a nose.:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
11-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Cali Grill for me! :mickey:

Horizon93
11-28-2007, 08:29 PM
As of right now, we are leaning towards Narcoosee's. From what everyone has said here. the more intimate setting and the interesting menu appeals to us a little more. Still time to be swayed though!

Thanks for all of the responses so far!

KAT1811
11-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Never been to Narcoosee's but we LOVED California Grill. The food was fabulous, our server was one of the best I've ever had and the view from the restaurant is unparalleled. There is something so amazing about being able to see all of the World while you dine on fantastic food and sip fabulous wine. (Plus I love the elevator to the restaurant; makes me feel like I'm part of a private Disney club for a minute).

thejens
11-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Boy am I excited to do both on my next trip! I have not yet been to Narcooses so can't compare, but I would say Cali Grill is my all time favorite. I do like the cosmopolitan environment and "wierd" food. :D But I can hardly wait to try Narcooses next trip!

billandlaura
11-28-2007, 10:34 PM
One more vote for Narcoossees. My dw and I have been to Cali Grill several times. We visited Narcoossees for the first time this past October, and we like it much better -- much more romantic. We also like the view of the fireworks from the deck better than the view from the balcony at Cali Grill. You can't really go wrong with either, but we have decided we are returning to Narcoossees again before we return to Cali Grill.

Horizon93
11-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Thanks everyone for all of te responses. At this point t looks like we will be going with Narcoosee's. It sounds like the right choice for us. We will definitely hit CG on a future trip.