PDA

View Full Version : Our Thanksgiving Trip report day 8

buzznwoodysmom
11-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Nov. 22-Thanksgiving day and Seaworld

Today we had breakfast in the room and headed off to Seaworld. DH is in the military so we had free tickets. My mom had to purchase her own ticket and it was $72.00 after tax. What a rip off. We also choose to pay $5.00 more for perfered parking which the attendant said was well worth it. We parked only a few yards away from where we would have parked in regular parking. I am sure on a busy day it would be worth it, but it was not worth it today. We get in and I go to get a double stroller. $20.00 for a stroller. Our trip to Seaworld is turning out to be not so free after all. I don't even really remember what we did in what order. I know we did the dolphin show and the Shamu show, my mom, Kevin and I all rode Kraken (the boys both too short). We walked around and looked at animals and we did the shark encounter and the penguin encounter. The boys got to pet stingrays. We had lunch at a fastfood place. Our lunch cost us $40.00, and we spent over $20.00 on popcorn, ice creams bars, water and a pepsi. Our free day at Seaworld cost over $100.00 just for parking, stroller rental and fastfood and snacks. And it wasn't even worth it. Kevin and I had visited Seaworld before we had kids and it didn't take me long today to remember why we hadn't been back since. Landon enjoyed it. He wants to be a marine biologist when he grows up so this was really exciting for him. Not long after lunch we decided to call it a day and leave. We headed to the car and couldn't help but be disappointed in this park. This money would have been better spent fighting the crowds at MK!!

We go back to the room and there is that creepy housekeeper getting ready to enter our room. When she sees me she stops and starts to tell me that she didn't clean the room yesterday. She said that she left us plenty of towels today. I open the door and there on the bed is a huge stack of drying towels. I tried to explain to her that we didn't need a huge amount of drying towels, we just wanted 4 sets of towels each day. There was just something not right about this CM. She just creeped me out. Today the room looked clean, but now I have a huge stack of towels I don't need that I have to find a place to store. When I pick up the towels I notice that there are a set of sheets as well. I pulled the bed back and I don't think they changed the sheets. I guess they were left for me to change myself. Can't they get it right? I should have called housekeeping again, but what's the use. I don't seem to get much accomplished no matter who I talk to.

We spend some time relaxing in the room and then change for our Thanksgiving dinner. We head over to the Beach Club early so that we can spend some time looking at the decorations. We ended up parking at the Yatch Club and looking at their decorations first. My mom puts up a christmas village every year and was in love with the village display at the Yatch Club. My MIL also loves her village so I knew she would also love to see this. We walk along the boardwalk over to the Beach Club and my kids are going crazy over the pool. They insist that we must stay here next time. Boy did they want to climb up and take a slide into that pool. As we got to the Beach Club a campfire was going on on the beach and they had a big screen blown up with a movie playing and lawn chairs lined up. We went look at the decorations at the Beach Club and then sat on rocking chairs on the back porch while we waited for the rest of our party to arrive. We really love this resort. It was so peaceful and relaxing, yet there was tons to do all around. My BIL called and said they were lost so I had to talk him through his drive to meet us. Once they were in the parking lot we headed into the lobby to wait for them. We found this nice little window seating area that we all waited in. I love everything about this resort. We checked in for dinner and went to the gift shop for a few minutes before our buzzer went off. We were all seated at one table which was nice since I was told we'd have seperate tables. This buffet was great. We had turkey, stuffing, sweat potatoes, mashed potatoes with gravy, pasta, salad, a wonderful pumpkin soup, clam choweder, clams, ham, chicken nuggest, mac n Cheese and everything was delishous. The dessert buffet was even better wth mini pecan pies and mini pumpkin pies and a lareg assortment of other desserts. This was one of the best meals of the trip. After dinner we went back to the gift shop and all the kids decided they wanted crocs. We had a counter full of crocs and zibitz. A quick shoe change for all the kids and we were off to show DMIL the village display at the Yatch Club. Kevin, DBIL and the boys stopped to play pingpong, while us ladies headed to the Yatch Club. The look on my MIL's face when she saw the Christmas village was like a kid's on Christmas morning. She had me take pictures of every angle. We had a hard time getting my mother and mother in law out of there. My SIL told her that if she didn't come now they were going to leave her there for the night. She even joked about pulling up a couch and sleeping there that night. The rest of our group took off to go back to CS. They had done Universal again today and were wiped out. My mom found her a rocking chair on the back porch and Kevin, the boys and I took a stroll to the boardwalk. What a nice walk. We took our time looking at all the landscaping and buildings. Spaceship earth looked beautiful from here. The boys played some games and then we went to the ESPN store and club to look around. The boys were really impressed with all the TV's playing sports in the ESPN club. We ended up making the whole round back passed the Beach Club and to the Yatch Club. What a great walk. We loved passing right by World Showcase. Everything was still lit up and music was playing, but it was empty. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving evening. Good food and great company! Back to CS to call it a night.

KylesMom
11-27-2007, 01:19 PM
We haven't been back to SeaWorld in several years - primarily for the reasons you stated. Although it was a neat experience on two separate occasions, I also remember spending a couple of hundred dollars each time we went! At least Landon enjoyed his marine experience, right?!

I'm glad your Thanksgiving dinner and the relaxing time afterwards was a happy occasion - especially with MIL fawning over the village! I'm assuming you ate at the Beach Club Clam Bake?

I won't comment on Mousekeeping - but I'm sure you were :mad:!

buzznwoodysmom
11-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Carol,

Yes, we ate at Cape May Cafe for Thanksgiving dinner.

mouseketeer mom
11-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanksgiving was fun in WDW, wasn't it? I'm thinking we will do it again next year!!! We haven't done sea world yet...I'm sure the kids would love it.

Here we go again...
11-27-2007, 10:44 PM
What a perfect Thanksgiving.
Seaworld is a nice place but pales in comparison to Disney. We have been only once and just can not make ourselves leave Disney to do it again.
Now about that housekeeper... I would have called and asked for another one by now. If she is creeping you out I would be worried about what she is doing in the room with my stuff.

realtreebar
11-28-2007, 12:06 AM
last year we spent a whole 2hours at sea world never again.thanks for sharing!!! "gotta love:mickey:"

faline
11-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Hmm! I haven't seen that village. Something to put on my to do list the next time I have a Disney World visit during the end of year holidays!

Nice way to spend your Thanksgiving!

DizNee143
11-28-2007, 02:56 PM
it didnt even happen to me and i am so mad about housekeeping!!
thanksgiving sounded like a good day!! dinner sounded wonderful!! and i love the boardwalk and yatch and beach club area..its all so wonderful!!:mickey:

pdrlkr
11-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: