PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Seasons mini review

Stan
11-27-2007, 12:26 AM
DW & I had a delightful short visit to EPCOT this evening (630 to 930 PM), marred only by a disappointing dinner at Sunshine Seasons.

First let me talk a bit about what went well. Friendly, helpful CM's all over the place. :) No problem with crowds anywhere we went, even though the park showed signs of being very full (had to circle a bit in disabled parking before a spot opened up). Enjoyed the extra (holiday?) fireworks from outside the park as we were leaving- if we'd known about the extended show we might have stayed inside to watch, but we'll catch it another time. Managed to do MS (1st time for DW who I was concerned might find even the less intense experience too much- fibromyalgia etc- she liked it), Nemo, and Soarin'. Went to Guest Relations and upgraded my seasonal pass to annual and the CM gave me credit not only for today's $11 parking, but also for one from a couple weeks ago I happened to have the receipt for. Tomorrow when I meet LibertyTreeGal for portraits in EPCOT parking will be "free". ;) Not shabby for such a short park visit. :thumbsup:

Too bad Food & Wine Festival is over. :( We considered eating at Electric Umbrella, or outside CS at Mexico, or CS in Morocco. Instead we decided on Sunshine Seasons because it was closer to the attractions we planned to visit. On the way I asked about a table for 2 at Garden Grill, and was glad the CM at the checkin didn't laugh at me :funny: :haha: (at least not on the outside).

Edited (by Stan) to say... we didn't care for our oriental food or strawberry shortcake at Sunshine Seasons. Maybe it's just us. We probably should have given them a chance to make it right (like I'd hope clients would do for me if initially disappointed) but didn't want to take the trouble... shame on us.

It was a lovely evening anyway. Thanks, Mickey!

Jared
11-27-2007, 01:09 AM
Sorry to hear you had a disappointing meal, Stan. Sunshine Seasons is traditionally one of my favorite counter service restaurants, but I've never tried the Asian selections, usually opting for the salads and sandwiches.

Thanks for taking the time to post a review!

:tasty:

mrsgaribaldi
11-27-2007, 02:27 AM
DH had some horrendous oriental food there this year. I forget what it was but he couldn't eat it. I love the children's mashed potatos with the cooked carrots, they are yummy. That's all I ever have.:blush:
Sorry to hear you were disappointed:(
Thanks for the review:mickey:

Kairi_7378
11-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the review Stan. I've never tried Sunshine Seasons and now I know to stay away from the Asian food there. Doesn't seem like Disney does a very good job with that anywhere... but thankfully there are plenty of other foods to try. Have you tried Tangerine Cafe yet? The shwarma platter is very good.

JPL
11-27-2007, 08:53 AM
I have to wonder when People are going to realize that Disney and Asian or Italian food simply don't mix. ;)

But in all seriousness I usually enjoy Sunshine Season but usually stay away from the Asian Food.