mouseketeer mom
11-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Cast
Me- Lisa
DH Steve
DD Katie 13
DD Khloe 11
DS Kai 8

Today was Saturday Nov. 17th! Another beautiful day! I mentioned we were right above Chef Mickeys and my son was dying to go there since he was looking at the place a zillion times /day. Well, I have no ADR's for Chef Mickeys. I called reservations, its a no go. So its 8am now, and my DH goes downstairs and just asks. Sure, they say, no problem, go and get your family and bring them down! Wow! My son was over the moon with joy. We enjoyed this breakfast soo much. He got his autographs and we ate very well!!! Goofy was a problem tho, and kind of just breezed past our table and waved and didn't stop for photos or autographs! We had to involve the staff and they ended up bringing him back. We really liked all of the food. We then hopped on the monorail to Epcot. Straight to Soarin' for fastpasses, which brought us back for an afternoon ride. We walked and really enjoyed this day. Epcot is so relaxing for us. I just love those dancing fountains. We did the new Mexico ride, Soarin' (front row, but I had to ask), and a few others. We explored some countries. We had Mickey bars, then monorailed it back. The kids swam awhile with my DH but not me. I needed extra prep time for Cali Grill. Our first. That was an experience! We shared an onion/filet/horseradish flatbread. OMG it was soo good, my DH had a spicy sushi and then went to meet the sushi chef he loved it so much. My two girls had the childrens steak, potatos and veggies, my son had Mac and cheese, and I had the filet mignon. Like butter. Unbelievable. Then we all had dessert. My kids had the rice crispie sushi and the chocolate pudding. My DH and I split 2 desserts, the banana and frozen custard one, and the white coffee icecream and chocolate one. Aaaaa..it was too early for fireworks, so we went back to our room, put on some warmer clothes, did some shopping in the gift shop, then they took us back up to the deck by Cali grill for viewing the fireworks. This was romantic. My DH and I snuggled, and the kids were happy and I felt blessed, really blessed to have this experience. I am so grateful for this time I had with my family! We were pooped, so to bed we went.

buzznwoodysmom
11-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Wow, what a wonderful day. I love those perfect dinsey days. Sounds as though you are haveing a great vacation so far. Wasn't the weather just perfect!

pdrlkr
11-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
11-27-2007, 01:27 AM
Another great day, I love Cali Grill. The food is phenominal. I think I will surprise DH with another dinner at CG!! Surprise.:mickey:

Mickey 101
11-27-2007, 01:31 AM
Glad to hear you had such a great day. It's so nice to hear someone express appreciation for such good, quality family time. Isn't California Grill wonderful? IMHO........the best restaurant at WDW!!

faline
11-27-2007, 01:59 PM
:thumbsup:Great day!

Currently, California Grill is my most favorite restaurant at Disney World! Glad you enjoyed it!

SBETigg
11-27-2007, 03:37 PM
What a great day, and a great way to end the day. Isn't it romantic up there? siiiiigh. :)

AbeeNormal
11-27-2007, 07:32 PM
:fworks::fworks::fworks::fworks::fworks:

What a wonderful way to end a great day:thumbsup:

RedheadWriter
11-27-2007, 08:30 PM
:number1:

realtreebar
11-28-2007, 12:28 AM
thanks for sharing!!! "gotta love:mickey:"

KylesMom
11-28-2007, 09:17 AM
My DH and I snuggled, and the kids were happy and I felt blessed, really blessed to have this experience. I am so grateful for this time I had with my family! That's what it's all about. How wonderful that everything came together today! :mickey:

DizNee143
11-29-2007, 12:50 PM
glad you were able to go to chef mickeys..its a great buffet for breakfast or dinner!!..
and glad you enjoyed the cali grill..i went there in the beigning of the month for a rehearsal dinner and it thought most of the food was rather weird..but the steak was great and the view..that was thee best part of the whole meal!! and watching the fireworks from the balcony...ill never forget that!! :mickey:

ElenitaB
12-02-2007, 07:23 PM
What a great day... you really took advantage of everything the CR has to offer: CM in the morning and CG in the afternoon. Throw in some Epcot in the middle and it's really a perfect WDW day! :mickey: