PDA

View Full Version : All Star Movies Review Nov 16th-24th

jpH/keD
11-26-2007, 08:19 PM
We have stayed at ASSports before and were fine with it. So this time we chose Movies! We paid for the preferred rooms and were given non preferred rooms and no adjustment to our bill was offered. The food courts were slammed at breakfast every day. It took an hour to get food and supplies and eat every day. We were late to the parks every day and we allowed plenty of time but waiting for food delayed us entirely too much! The amount of walking required to get to the buses at the parks and the waiting for enough busses was daunting to say the least. However I could not remember if they had hairdryers in the rooms and they DO!! That was the only plus I can think of. We left mouskeeping tips every night and NEVER got a towel animal! :( One day NO ONE ever cleaned our room... :confused: We like to go to WDW every other year. We will wait 4 years between our next visit to save up to stay in a resort w/ the monorail! I cannot do that again!

jennsky
11-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Oh my gosh! I can't believe you PAID for a preferred room and didn't get one! AND they didn't give you any money back?! What building did you end up staying in? When I was there we were way out in the Mighty Ducks area. I do remember that the food court was crammed but we weren't on a strict timeline so it didn't overly bother us. Sorry to hear about your yucky stay!

thejens
11-26-2007, 09:49 PM
I am sorry you had such a disappointing time. I'd be upset about the housekeeping and lack of refund too! I had such a different experience last May! I hope you contest the fee. That is just not right. I'd give the values another try, but I'd definitely let the manager know about the price discrepancy and cleaning issues.

big blue and hairy
11-27-2007, 09:14 AM
We have stayed at ASSports before and were fine with it. So this time we chose Movies! We paid for the preferred rooms and were given non preferred rooms and no adjustment to our bill was offered. The food courts were slammed at breakfast every day. It took an hour to get food and supplies and eat every day. We were late to the parks every day and we allowed plenty of time but waiting for food delayed us entirely too much! The amount of walking required to get to the buses at the parks and the waiting for enough busses was daunting to say the least. However I could not remember if they had hairdryers in the rooms and they DO!! That was the only plus I can think of. We left mouskeeping tips every night and NEVER got a towel animal! :( One day NO ONE ever cleaned our room... :confused: We like to go to WDW every other year. We will wait 4 years between our next visit to save up to stay in a resort w/ the monorail! I cannot do that again! From your post, I have to ask...did you ever complain to a manager? Except for the crowds at the food court, all of the problems could have been fixed if a manager was aware of them.

:sulley:

JPL
11-27-2007, 09:38 AM
With Disney forever expanding the preferred room areas you might have been in a preferred building without knowing it.
But that being said there is still no excuse for mousekeeping not cleaning your room. I know you didn't do anything while at the resort but I would suggest writing a letter to WDW Guest Relations and letting them know about your experience. Be sure to mention that you will now be delaying you next trip 2 years because of it.

murphy1
11-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Wow, I'm kind of surprised b/c we have stayed at most all the Values and Mousekeeping even knocked on my door when we had the Do Not Disturb sign up just to see if we needed towels at least. I agree about calling a Mgr. The food courts always seem to be crowded at B and D times, that is to be expected, we sometimes ate lunch there and it's a lot better, I like to take a break here and there on multi-day trips and do the pool and lunch at the resort.

brownie
11-27-2007, 09:58 AM
It's always good to make the resort know about your problems at the time, but I would take the time to send them a letter about some of your frustrations with your trip. It may not help you, but it may help others in the future.

I wouldn't expect to have towel animals or something else for leaving a tip for housekeeping; the tip is left to thank them for the job done cleaning the room. I know that on our last trip in 2003, they weren't doing stuff with towels but arranging your souvenirs in displays. It's also possible that the housekeepers may have been too busy to do much more than clean the room.

Hopefully you have a better experience on your next trip!

jpH/keD
11-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks for all your replies! No, I didnt say anything to a manager simply because upon check out I fully expected them to take care of my charges. We had a magical gathering group of 3 rooms and believe me they were NOT preferred rooms. We were in the Toy Story building and we overlooked the water valves for the entire hotel.:( Not my idea of preferred room statis. I may write a letter yet. I still havent recovered from my trip! My kids loved the pool and the playground. I just expected more for our money. We still made great memories and had some wonderful times! I just learned a few things so my next trip will be easier!

DisneyCrazy
11-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Actually, you were in a preferred room. The preferred rooms at Movies now include the 101 Dalmatains and Toy Story sections in addition to the Fantasia section of the hotel. The preferred rooms in the value resorts have nothng to do with the view from the room, its related to the sections closest to the main building.

Hammer
11-27-2007, 05:49 PM
DisneyCrazy is correct. From Intercot's InfoCentral:

What buildings are classified as "preferred"?
Toy Story and Fantasia Buildings

Preferred rooms at the value resorts are due to where they are located in relation to the main building, not the view.

KevGuy
11-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Wow, that's too bad. We stayed at ASM last April and had the most fabulous time ever on a vacation. So much that we bought DVC as well. Movies was excellent, granted the food court got busy at times, it was still excellent. We stayed in the Herbie bldgs. and they were great. The pool was fantastic and open late every night after the parks. My kids want to go an extra night this year just to stay there again even though we're getting a large DVC
1-bedroom lol. Had towel animals every day and most days multiple animals.:mickey:

magicofdisney
11-30-2007, 01:20 PM
EDITED: Too cold.

Last May we stayed at All Star Sports. Believe it or not, our beds were never made. I called housekeeping management every day. We were there for 4 nights. I was comped $50 Disney dollars with my first complaint and $50 room credit for my last complaint. Of course I have no desire to be with unmade beds, but I'll take $100 to sleep in them. :D

crazeedizneefinatic
11-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Well, I have to say something similar happened to us a few years back. We also paid for preferred rooms and upon checkin we were put into the Herbie building. We asked if we were going to be put into a preferred room, no one could answer us. I asked if the resort manager could please contact us. This was at check in. We were staying for 8 days. The lady at the front desk told us she would put a request in to move to a preferred building. A request!?! We have already paid for it. A few days went by with every morning starting out with a call to the front desk for either the refund or the resort manager, who was always in a meeting. Well, needless to say he was in a meeting for several days. We finally were moved to a preferred location the last 2 days of our trip. Upon checkout, we went to the front desk to get our refund and to see who the resort manager was. Guess what? He was in a meeting and someone who told us she was in charge talked with us. No avail, no refund, no credit, no disney dollars no nothing. Maybe we were not forceful enough but by this time I was so sick of worrying about what we did not get I was sick to my stomach. I was given a number to call to complain and told that the person there could help me with a refund. I called the number and the rudest most arrogant women ever handled my call. She made me feel like I was complaining about nothing. Even though I was out the money I had paid for a preferred location the first 6 nights of my vacation. After numerous back and forths on the phone we ended up with a whopping $90 credit. Even though I had faxed her the confirmation sheet that we paid for a preferred location, she did not care. Sorry about the long wind, this story almost soured us from staying with Disney ever again. But it all comes down to Disney is not some magical make belive land, it's a business and we are just numbers and payments. Now I have never had another serious problem as this, thank goodness, and we just can't keep away from the place. But I sympathize to those who have had less than what they expected.

January-2007
12-03-2007, 09:17 AM
On our last trip we stayed at Pop Century and had paid for a preferred room because when the Free Dining was first offered that's all that was available. When we checked in we were told we were going to be on the second floor of the Tramp Building. No dice. I wouldn't stand for paying extra and not getting the preferred location. I've learned that you just need to make your wants clear from the beginning, or else you will have a very hard time finding a resolution in the end. We got a preferred room, which is what we paid for, after making it clear that is what we wanted. I'm sorry your vacation wasn't better.