PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Fun Group Trip Ideas

LW_DFREAK
11-26-2007, 04:55 PM
I have never traveled as a group before, but I have always wanted to because I have seen others do it and it looked like so much fun! I have now organized a trip to Disney for this May with a group of neighborhood families (12 adults and 11 children). We are staying at the Poly and then taking the Disney Cruise. We have reserved a private limo bus for transportation for the 3 legs of the trip. Any ideas for maybe a party before we leave for FL to get everyone excited for the trip or fun ideas while we are on the trip?:coaster:

Pirate Granny
11-26-2007, 08:05 PM
I would look into some of the Grand Gathering opportunities...I think the EPCOT one for dinner and private fireworks showing would be wonderful...also you can do a fireworks cruise...

You know that you would get free bus service for all three legs of your trip...you could put the private limo money towards one of the grand gathering events...

:pirate:

faline
11-27-2007, 05:30 AM
Book a dinner at Hoop de Doo. It's a great place for a large group!

Taja
11-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Party before you leave for WDW and the cruise?

How about an evening of Disney videos and some Polynesian inspired food? Potluck/buffet type thing. Perhaps some games with a Disney theme--you could just make up something, particularly for the children. With Disney-related prizes, of course! :thumbsup:

heidi614
11-27-2007, 09:05 PM
You definetly qualify for the grand gatherings. There is a special fireworks cruise with Captian Hook at the wheel and Peter on shore. There are many "grand gathering" fun stuff. Search this site under grand gatherings and I'm sure you'll find a lot of stuff. Matching Tee Shirts are fun too. I found tye dye shirts on ebay with a black mickey head in the center.

crazypoohbear
11-30-2007, 02:17 PM
You could have everyone make tye dye disney tee shirts for the trip. Have a tye dye party.

Have a "hoopdee doo" bbq at someone's house and have the kids put on a show for dinner.

do a luau party and have a hoola hoop, contest.
pushing the cocoanut with a broom contest.
limbo contest
The corniest joke contest for Monsters inc. (this way you have some ready ahead of time)

Watch the planning video's and make a top ten list yourselves.

a costume party, come dressed as your fav. disney character, winner gets to pick where to have dinner one night in the park.

King Triton
11-30-2007, 02:43 PM
How about a competitive Hidden Mickey hunt? Give each family the Barrett book and pick an afternoon and a park and see which family can come up with the most (there are points assigned for each)

Mackflava99
11-30-2007, 03:26 PM
I went to a conference with about 9 members of my staff , and surprisingly the conference was at the Contemporary. Now since i was a disney veteran and their boss, i put together a scavenger hunt , divided them into 3 teams and gave them a list of 120 items- either certain specific items in the park , taking a picture with one of the 7 dwarfs , or finding certain hidden mickeys etc
It was alot of fun and made it more interesting for them.
Winner got 2 days off when we returned.

TheRustyScupper
12-01-2007, 10:45 AM
. . . Any ideas for maybe a party before we leave for FL to get everyone excited for the trip or fun ideas while we are on the trip? . . .

1) Most people mis-read your post and question.
2) They wanted to jump into WDW ideas.
3) Let's address the actual question.

4) We take 16-19 people every year (yes, grandpa pays).
5) We usually start with a pre-departure party
6) We
. . . have a little buffet
. . . review the trip plans with everyone
. . . discuss how we visit/tour each park (commando or leisurely)
. . . we go over everyone's 3-must-do rides
. . . determine activities for a "down day"
. . . talk about how to get time to "smell the roses"
. . . review ADR's
. . . decide where to meet once daily so we can kibitz
7) Afterward the food and general trip reviews
. . . we then play 20-questions on Disney themes (teams)
. . . we play "I Spy" and close our eyes to guess the WDW answer (individuals)
. . . we play Disney Trivia (teams)
. . . prizes are Disney Dollars

traceyo1
12-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Pretrip planning-just did that for the last year with a group of 14-Leading up to the pretrip party, I sent out a monthly newsletter, each with a different topic, each theme park, disney dining, extra activities, etc.

At the party, (about 3 weeks prior to the trip) each family group was given a box, decorated with disney stickers. In the box, were all kinds of tips I got off of this website such as packing ideas, pressed pennies, autographs, garden grocer, photopass. Each person was also given color coded index cards for each park. The cards had the park hours and times of special events and any dining reservations. Also a card for airline reservations.

The local dollar store had plastic disneyware, plates and cups. I had regular food but used Disney characters to describe the food. Chex mix was Pluto's dog food, Minnie'scupcakes with oreo ears and M&M eyes, Pizzaplanet Pizza (just taped the name over the real box lid), 3 different flavors of wings, named after the hyenas in Lion King, etc.

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge so I had taped the travel channel special and we watched that.

Then we had a question and answer time. It really was a lot of fun. We leave in less than 10 days and I can't wait!!