PDA

View Full Version : Availability of King Beds at Pop

Goofy Sarah
11-26-2007, 04:34 PM
I know that they are requested but not guaranteed. We cannot afford to upgrade resorts, but considering it is a romantic vacation having a king sized bed is pretty crucial for us. Do you know what the chances are of getting this request honored? Are your chances increased if you have a preferred room? We have a preferred in order to save us the trek from the bus station to our rooms every evening. Thanks in advance for any help you may have!

Pop Century Dec. 12-16, 2007

PirateLover
11-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Actually, to be honest, I think your request of a preferred room lessens your chance of getting a King bed room. At Pop, they are reserved for the handicapped. If no handicapped person needs a room, then those who request it will receive it. There are a limited number of rooms and I would imagine that handicapped people might be more likely to request a preferred room as well. If you don't request preferred, you have a chance to get a king room in many other buildings. We received a king room in the 70s the only time we stayed at Pop, and it was a nice location. Good luck!

Mrs Grumpy
11-26-2007, 06:34 PM
We didn't pay for a preferred room last time but we did have down as a request a king room. We didn't arrive until after midnight and we were upgraded to a king room in a preferred location. We did have one of the handicap rooms so we had a shower only.

Imakejessicarabbitjelous
12-04-2007, 12:55 AM
i work at pop century and u MUST MUST MUST request you want a king bed when you make the resevation!

Eeyore's My Favorite
12-04-2007, 06:39 PM
I know that they are requested but not guaranteed. We cannot afford to upgrade resorts, but considering it is a romantic vacation having a king sized bed is pretty crucial for us. Do you know what the chances are of getting this request honored? Are your chances increased if you have a preferred room? We have a preferred in order to save us the trek from the bus station to our rooms every evening. Thanks in advance for any help you may have!

Pop Century Dec. 12-16, 2007

Good luck - we requested a King Bed for our anniversary getaway and paid for preferred. Didn't get the King bed & our preferred room was quite a hike from everything. This time I just requested King bed in a standard room at ASMu (hopefully I'll get it as I've NEVER gotten a King bed at a value when requested) - wanted to try something more quiet than POP!

Bethanymouse
12-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Whenever we stay at the Pop we request a king bed. We going during a high volume time- July and August and we are always granted our request. Call a few days before you arrive and place your request. They are very good about it. Best of luck and enjoy your trip!:thumbsup:

MrsDevlin2007
12-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Best of luck, Sarah! My DH and I were just at Pop for our honeymoon 12/2-12/9 (only got home a few hours ago) and ended up with 2 double beds. They told us at the front desk that they'd change our room mid-week and never called. So much for that!