PDA

View Full Version : Reciepe - COOK BOOK HELP!

iceicebritney
11-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Help! I have a friend heading down to WDW next week and i've asked her to pick me up a cookbook while she's down there. I know there is the popular "cooking with mickey volume 2" (red and white checkered, plastic binding) but what is the other cookbook that you see throughout the resort? I remember it being baby blue and robins egg blue... but i can't remember the name or what reciepes were in it. I'm looking for the book that containst he reciepe for The coral reef's lobster bisque... and i know only one of these books contained it. If anyone one could please help i'd really appreciate it!

McGoofy
11-26-2007, 04:50 PM
I have 2 cookbooks. The first one that I have is titled "Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs." It is white and blue just like the one that you described. I looked inside it, and the only recipe from Coral Reef Restaurant--The Living Seas is pan-seared salmon with potatoes and glazed carrots. The copyright on this cookbook is 2004. There are several great recipies in the book, and the index is based on what park or resort the food is found at with all the dishes listed in that category. I'm not sure what this one sells for.

The second cookbook that I have is one of the newest ones I have seen in the parks. The copyright on this one is 2006. It is titled "Delicious Disney--The Disney Chefs with Pam Brandon." There are excellent recipies in this one as well. As an added bonus, there are colored pictures of the dish on each page. My only complaint about this cookbook is that there is no index. It is divided into categories in the table of contents, and you just have to see that category to see what dishes are in it. I did look through the book for you though!;) Again, I did not see the lobster bisque. This book costs $40.00 if you interested in sending money with your friend.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't find the recipie for you, but now you know 2 books that don't have the recipe.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

MartyS
11-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Creamy Lobster Soup

Coral Reef Restaurant
Living Seas, Epcot

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

4 cups milk
1/2 cup butter
1 TB paprika
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cups lobster stock
1/4 cup sherry
1/4 cup lobster or chicken base
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1/4 cup lobster meat (diced)
1 TB brandy
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 pinch chervil or parsley (dried)

Method:

1. In a medium pot, bring milk to a slight simmer; do not allow to boil.

2. In small saute pan, melt butter and then add paprika, and flour and mix well.

3. Bake roux mixture in a 350 degree oven for approximately one hour.

4. Heat lobster stock and sherry, then add base, cayenne pepper, to the lobster stock mixture.

5. Then add the heated milk to this mixture.

6. Add roux.

7. Mix until well incorporated and thickened.

8. Let simmer for approximately 45 minutes to one hour to cook out the roux.

9. To finish the soup, flame lobster meat in brandy, add heavy cream and allow it to simmer.

10. Add mixture to soup and whisk in.

11. Finish with fresh chervil or parsley.

12. Dry herbs may be used, but add sooner.