Resort:

Caribbean Beach Resort
Martinique
Building 25
Room 2543

Trip Dates:

November 15th through November 19th, 2007

Friday, November 16th, 2007 Continued

We had just returned to our room after a wonderful morning in MGM. We didn't have time for a long break, but just enough time to shower and put our feet up briefly. Even though, we had just driven through the night and had already accomplished our fair share at MGM, it was going to be a late night!

About 3:15 we headed out to wait for a bus to the Magic Kingdom. I know it was cutting it a little close for our 4:30 ADR at The Plaza Restaurant, but we really needed that breather before our late night. Cutting it close was even more of a reality, when we had to wait at least 45 minutes for a bus to come. That was by far the longest wait we had this short trip, and for that matter in quite a while at WDW. We saw at least 2 of every other bus. It was a bit frustrating, so I picked up the phone at the Bus Stop and called transportation to see if they could get us and the other large group of people a bus. Before long, a MK bus finally pulled up. We entered the park at about 4:28, using our MVMCP tickets. Luckily the Plaza was not a far walk, once through the gates. We were given a pager which went off almost instantly. I don't think I even had time to turn around. We were seated near the door, which made it a bit chilly, since the temps had taken a nosedive, and by now was probably only in the 50's. Still our meal was quite good. Ron and I had the club and Courtney had Tuna on a croissant. Oh, I forgot to mention, that I told Emily to take a nap while we were back at the room, but all we heard was, "I'm not tired!" Well it didn't take her long to fall asleep on the bus, and she was out through dinner! She did however, wake up just in time to see the Banana Split, we decided to share, arrive! She was more than happy to eat her 1/4! By this time, we had just decided to get her some counter service once we moved on!

By the time we were all finished with dinner, it was 5:45 PM. Since the Carousel of Progress would not be open during the Christmas Party, we opted to go and catch a showing. I also wanted to ride TTA now, before it got any colder, as it can be a chilly ride on a cold night. We then attempted to defeat Zurg with Buzz Lightyear, but just as we got in our vehichles, the ride stopped, and although they tried to get it restarted, they could not, and we had to disembark before even getting started. We opted for a showing of the Laugh Floor, and were just able to walk into the next show! Very funny as always. The only thing is, I can't get Emily to stop telling some of these jokes!

When the show was over, we checked Buzz just to make sure it wasn't up and running and it wasn't, so we moved on. It was now 7:00 PM and the start of the party. It was off to Fantasyland for us, but not being stopped every 2 feet to make sure we had our wristbands! Once we arrived, we had no other choice but to visit with Pooh and the gang, with I'm guessing less than a 2 minute wait. Deeper into FL, we found no line at Dumbo and had to wait for only one flight ahead of us. At Ariels' Grotto, the Dance Party was getting into full swing with Lady Tremayne, Anastasia, and Drizella. The asked to do Karaoke, and the DJ reluctantly agreed, as long as everyone else sang loud enough to drown out there awful voices! We watched this all at a bit of a distance, since Emily was a bit leery of them. iasw was calling to Emily so we popped in there and had a boat all to ourselves. After exiting, Emily keenly spotted that there was no line at Peter Pan either, so it was off to Neverland for us.

It was really getting downright cold by Florida standards, so luckily they were just beginning to serve the hot chocolate and cookies. The hot chocolate was more than appreciated on this night! After our treat, we made our way to check out the "new" Haunted Mansion. The first ride of each trip always makes Em a little nervous,but not as much this time. I was worried that the changes might make her even more leery, but she really enjoyed the improvements, as did we all! By the end she was downright giggling! The only problem was, I knew it would make the other 2 way jealous, that we got to ride it ahead of them! I was right!

It was way too cold to ride Splash Mt. tonight, so we also opted to miss BTMR as well. We walked into Adventureland, where I was able to confirm my suspicion, that yet again we had the park entirely to ourselves! We made our way into Pirates,by arghhhhing all the way! This seemed to amuse the CM's. We walked right onto the ride and yet again had a boat to ourselves. I've seen light crowds, but this was bordering on ridiculous. A magic carpet was waiting for Emily and Courtney, so it couldn't be bypassed. It was getting close to fireworks time, so off we went to the Rose Garden, where we enjoyed the show with only 1 other couple. I did look around at other locations, and there actually were others in the park, but hardly any at all! The fireworks were very good, however, I did enjoy the Pirate and Princess ones much more!

For Emily's sake, we scooted back into Tomorrowland to check on Buzz, and he was indeed back in action. Emily & Courtney rode together, as Did Ron & me. Courtney didn't do as well as she usually does, so that was a minor bummer for her, but I did miserably as usual, but much scored higher than usual as well! Emily is now starting to get the hang of it as well. I'm sure she'll be leaving me in the dust soon too! Ron was the winner tonight! Afterwards, Ron and Courtney went to grab a spot on Main St. for the 10:30 Parade, while Emily required another ride on the TTA. It actually wasn't too terribly cold! We met up with others after a bit of confusion as to where they were seated. The parade was just wonderful and a great way to cap off the day! The park was still open for another hour, but we really needed some rest as we hadn't had much sleep and we needed to be out the door by 6:30 AM to drive over to Melbourne for the college visit tomorrow!

A bus was actually waiting for us, so were definitely back in the room and asleep by 12:00 AM!

4th Installment is on the way!

offwego
11-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Another great report thanks so much!

KylesMom
11-26-2007, 03:19 PM
WOW - I can't believe the lack of crowds, Heather. It sounds like a dream, although I'm not sure I'd appreciate the chilly weather . . . what a great day! Hope the college tour was successful - looking forward to the next installment! :mickey:

pdrlkr
11-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

tinkerbell04
11-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Sounds like another great day! :mickey:

realtreebar
11-28-2007, 12:45 AM
thanks for sharing!!! "gotta love:mickey:"

faline
11-29-2007, 05:08 AM
It's wonderful when the crowds are so low! I don't, however, like having it too chilly for the party! What a nice night you all had! (I'm terrible at Buzz Lightyear as well!)

dolphinmickey9170
12-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Buzz always gets me too. I think the cool temp would give the party a more christmasy feel for me. I am originally from Maine, where it's cold in the winter. I can't wait for our MVMCP!!

Thanks for sharing another great day!:mickey:

AbeeNormal
12-02-2007, 05:26 PM
How nice to practically have the park to yourself. :mickey:

Lots of luck with the college tomorrow :thumbsup::thumbsup:

DizNee143
12-03-2007, 01:11 PM
wow what a loooong day..but it soudns like you guys definetly made the most of it and had a great time!! :mickey:

RedheadWriter
12-04-2007, 09:08 AM
What a great time! :mickey:

princessgirls
12-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Heather,

Sounds just magical. Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

BelleCiavo
12-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Empty parks are delightful :cloud9:
What a wonderful night, and a long day!

amorillo
12-08-2007, 09:37 PM
MVMCP sounds wonderful...I'd love to check this out in the future!