PDA

View Full Version : Our Thanksgiving Trip report day 5

buzznwoodysmom
11-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Nov. 19-- MGM

Today we didn't have an alarm set. We just woke up on our own and boy did we need it.

While getting ready we noticed that once again we only had two washclothes. I called housekeeping again and spoke to a manager. I told him that I didn't want to have to call every couple of days to remind them that we would like to have 4 sets of towels each day. I also told him that the bathroom needed to be cleaned. The floor had not been swept or mopped yet. I would love to know what standard disney holds its housekeeping to. We encountered some of the same problems with housekeeping on this trip that we had on our trip in Feb. at WL. Since when does housekeeping only empty the trash, make the beds and replenish towels. I don't understand why the floors aren't vacumned and mopped, the vanity not cleaned, mirror never windexed unless you ask these things to be done.

While getting ready we hear a knock on the door and before DH can get to the door to open it the housekeeping CM swings the door open and barges into our room. She practically runs into our room dead center and starts rambling on and on how her manager told her she had to come appologize for not putting enough towels and that she would clean the bathroom better. I couldn't believe how she did that. Suppose one of us would have been getting dressed. She could have easily walked in on one of us not fully dressed. I decided that it wasn't worth calling the manager and the CM seemed worried that she was in trouble so I just left it alone.

We ended up getting to MGM at around 11:30. Just as we were getting off the bus we run into Landon's little friend from school again. They had had a late night and decided to sleep in as well. Kevin, Landon and I got in line for ToT while my mom and Collin went get fastpasses for RNRC. Collin doesn't like ToT and my mom had a headache and didn't want to ride either. They headed to Star Tours while we road ToT. On our way over to Star Tours to meet them we met up with DBIL and some of the other group and they had extra fastpasses for RNRC. So we hurried up and met Collin and my mom then Kevin and Collin ran to met them at RNRC. We watched the Jedi Training show then met up with DSIL at Sci Fi. We sat and waited for the RNRC riders to call. While we were waiting we met up with Landon's friend from school again as they were exiting Sci Fi. It was so weird that we met up with just about everyone we knew that was going several times during our trip. Once they called to say they were on their way we checked in for lunch and were sat shortly after they arrived back. Our two moms had burgers, Kevin had the shrimp pasta, I had a chicken sandwich, and I don't remember what Collin and Landon had. We also had the onion rings and spinach and artichock dip for appitizers. We finished the meal with cheesecake and the warm apple crisp desserts. Everything was great and the boys loved getting their glow in the dark cups and light up ice cubes. After dinner we all rode Star Tours together and then got in line for Lights! Motors! Action! Collin and Landon decided that they didn't want to see the show so we went to the honey I shrunk the kids playground instead. I really hate this place. It was so crowded. It didn't take long for Kevin and I to convince them to get out of there. We then did muppet vision 3D and then it was time for our RNRC fastpass. Kevin, Collin and I headed for RNRC while my mom and Landon got autographs with Buzz and Woody and then headed to Beauty and the Beast. After riding RNRC the three of us got fast passes and met up with my mom and Landon. We headed over to see the lighting of the Osborne lights. This is really a great attraction at MGM. We walked through and then all the way back. It really felt like Christmas with the snow falling and the Christmas music playing. Kevin and Collin went to Pizza Planet and got pizza to go, while I went with my mom and Landon get their EMH wristbands and get in line for the second showing of Fantasmic. Collin and Landon ended up eating their pizza in their strollers while we waited. We had great seats for Fantasmic, upfront and center. We were about 5 seats up which was perfect. After the show ToT and RNRC were slammed. We headed to the Great Movie ride. After our trip to the Movies we all got in line for Tot. Collin chickened out at the last minute and my mom's headache had just gone away so she decided to go with him. She didn't want to risk getting another headache. We let Collin pick the last ride of the night and he picked Star Tours. We got there just in time for the last ride of the night. Just minutes into the ride the audio went out so we were able to ride it a second time. We headed out of the park and were back in our room by around midnight.

faline
11-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Ah! Osborne Lights with holiday music and snow falling! How lovely! You're making me wish I could get there for the holidays!

KylesMom
11-26-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm sorry you're having issues with Mousekeeping - hopefully this is the last call you'll have to make! The walk-in was inexcusable, however. Notwithstanding this incident, it sounds like another wonderful - albeit busy - day. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
11-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Ooo how creepy with mousekeeping barging in. How did you handle that? It would've freaked me out!

pdrlkr
11-27-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Tinkerfreak
11-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Sorry about the bad housekeeping. We had the same problems at AKL and the Poly a few weeks ago. At the AKL the floors had not been vaccumed. We had called maintenance about a big wasps nest on our balcony and a housekeeper ended up at our door who could not speak any english. I tried to explain the problem to her but she just started cleaning the room, emptying the trash etc. I finally had to lead her out to the balcony and show her the nest. Then maintenance showed up like it was an emergency with icepacks and first aid stuff. They thought someone had been stung. They did take care of the nest for us. I actually found tags under the bed from someone else's suitcases.

When we switched to the Poly the next day we arrived in our room and their was a dirty washcloth hanging over the shower curtain:ack::ack:. I ended up using my Clorox wipes and wiping down the entire bathroom because you could tell the floor had not been washed either. When I complained about the washcloth issue they just apologized but did not offer to come clean the bathroom. We also had the issue of them leaving only 2 wash clothes for 4 people. I again called housekeeping and someone brought us a whole pile of washclothes and towels so I hid them in the closet so we would have plenty of backups. From that point on the housekeeper left us plenty every day so we had no more issues.
It just makes you mad to have to deal with issues like this. There is absolutely no excuse for the dirty wash cloth and the floor not being washed.

buzznwoodysmom
11-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Tinkerfreak,

I know how you feel. We had all these same issues at WL in Feb. I just don't feel like having to speak to housekeeping everyday of my vacation. I know this probably sounds aweful, but when on vacation I don't feel like cleaning at all. I especially don't feel like cleaning the bathroom floor. Out of our two recent trips this was the only really disappointing factor in our trips. The bad thing is that anywhere else we stay on vacation we never have these housekeeping problems. Disney resorts used to be some of the cleanest hotels we stayed in, but after these two trips I'd have to say they are at the bottom of the list now. It's really ashamed they are letting things like this slip.

Here we go again...
11-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Denise,
I can't believe you are having Mouse cleaning issues again. I remember the problems you had at WL. I hope it gets better soon...

Overall it sounds like another great day.
Off to read about tomorrow...

realtreebar
11-28-2007, 12:18 AM
thanks for sharing!!! "gotta love:mickey:"

DizNee143
11-28-2007, 12:39 PM
besides the whole housekeeping being really bad again..sounds like you all had a nice day at MGM!! :mickey: