PDA

View Full Version : Our Thanksgiving Trip report day 4

buzznwoodysmom
11-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Nov. 18th- MK

Today we were up and at MK for 8am. We had an 8:30 ADR for Crystal Palace. I just mentioned that I was still full from last night, then Kevin and the boys and my mom all said that they weren't hungry either and Collin and Landon informed me that they really didn't want to eat with Pooh and friends as they were "too big" for that. So I called and cancelled at the last minute. We decided to take advantage of already being in the park with no crowds to get some good pictures for our Christmas cards. After lots of pictures we went through the castle and waited at the rope. Landon decided that he wanted to try to be the first person to ride Peter Pan that day. As soon as the rope dropped off we went and made it to Peter Pan first! We then rode the tea cups, did Philharmagic, rode Haunted Mansion, rode Splash Mountain, then we grabbed fast passes for BTMRR and got in the stand by line. We rode BTMRR and got off just in time for our fast pass. The boys loved being able to ride it twice in a row. The longest we waited in any line was about 15 minutes. There were a lot of people, but the lines weren't long at all. Then we stopped for lunch at Pecos Bills. Collin and Kevin had burgers, Landon had chicken strips, and I had some kind of wrap. The wrap was huge and I ended up just opening it up and eating it as a salad. This was the first time we ate here and I don't think we'll be running back for more. It was just OK. After lunch we did Tom Sawyer Ilsand. We hadn't brought the boys here for the last several trips. They really enjoyed running around and especially liked the caves. Back on the mainland we headed towards POTC, but with a 60 minute wait we passed it up. We got fastpasses for Jungle Cruise and went to the tiki room. We had just sat down and in the row behind us sits Kevin's sister and her family, Kevin's mother and the other family that was there with us. After the show we talked with them for a bit and went our seperate ways. We decided to just go ahead an wait in line for POTC. Landon really wanted to ride. As we were parking the strollers I hear someone calling my name. One of Landon's classmates and his family were picking their stroller up and had just rode POTC. We talked with them for about 15-20 minutes. This was thier first trip and they were having a blast, but had lots of questions. Once in line for POTC Landon made friends with the little boy in front of us. His mom and I talked about the parks and resorts (they moved to Fl. not to long ago and have always loved WDW). Landon and the boy had fun playing in line and before we knew it we were boarding the ride. Landon and his new friend, Brandon, rode right behind each other and had a lot of fun! Kevin and the boys then went to the tree house. My mom has knee trouble and her knees were really hurting her today. Instead of leaving her sit by herself I went get her and I each a dole whip float and we say in a shady spot and enjoyed people watching. I must have seen over a dozen LSU hats or shirts while we were waiting. When the boys returned they got Mickey Ice Cream bars and then it was time for our Jungle Cruise fastpass. After our ride through the Jungle we decided it was time to start making our way to the front of the park for our early dinner ADR at 1900 Park Fair. Just as we were exiting JC we met up with the rest of our group we were having dinner with. We all wallked to the front of the park together and got there just in time to catch the parade. After the parade we hopped the monorail and headed to GF. We had time to look at the Christmas decorations and the gingerbread house before we checked in for dinner. We were seated almost immediately. This dinner was not the greatest. About half our party thought it was just OK, the other half (myself included) thought it was horrible, and only one person really liked it. I am glad we tried it, but won't be going back. We arrived back at the park just in time for the lighting of the castle and all headed straight for tomorrowland. Kevin and Collin went to Space Mountain and the rest of us went to Carosel of Progress. We all met back up and rode Stitch. We had a baby swap for Space Mountain so my mom, Collin and I got in the fastpass line, while the rest of the group got in the regular line. Kevin and his siter took Landon and Camryn(his sister's little girl) for a ride on the TTA since they weren't tall enough for SM. Kevin, my mom, the boys and I then rode Goofy's rollercoaster, visited Mickey and Minnie's houses. While in toontown we met up with another group of people we knew from back home. We let our kids play and we talked to them for a good half hour then headed back to the hub and found us a spot for the fireworks. After the fireworks we all got snacks and waited for the parade. We then got wristbands and each picked a ride for our last rides of the night. My mom piced Buzz, I picked TTA, Landon picked Peter Pan, Collin picked BTMRR and Kevin picked a ride on the bus back to CS. We did those rides in that order and were back at CS in bed at around 1am. This was a very long day, too long! Walking to our room from the bus stop we decided that tomorrow we would sleep late and just get to MGM late!

illini
11-26-2007, 12:10 PM
It's so fun to read trip reports from people who were there at the same time. That was the day we left, so we were only at MK until about noon. It was weird that it was SO crowded (compared to the prev week) but the lines were fine. Much better than the 17th! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get lots of rides in. Sounds like a fantastic day!

faline
11-26-2007, 04:03 PM
That certainly was a very busy day! It's cool you were the first passengers of the day on Peter Pan! That's one of my all-time favorite rides!

KylesMom
11-26-2007, 04:41 PM
What a busy day - it must have been strange to see all those folks from Louisiana! It's also unreal how the crowds went from non-existent to jam-packed in a matter of hours. I'm sorry that they boys now think they've outgrown Pooh . . . :( Your babies are growing up!

Kevin picked a ride on the bus back to CS. We did those rides in that order and were back at CS in bed at around 1am Somehow I bet you'll be sleeping in tomorrow! Thanks for sharing another wonderful day with us!

mouseketeer mom
11-26-2007, 08:31 PM
We saw TONS of LSU hats and shirts. I couldn't believe how many people in WDW last week were from Louisiana!

pdrlkr
11-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
11-27-2007, 08:51 AM
:thumbsup: Sounds like so much fun!
Rachel

Here we go again...
11-27-2007, 05:55 PM
What a busy day! It is great that the lines were moving so fast, there is no way you could have done that much if you had to depend on Fast Pass.
Sorry to hear about 1900 Park Fare. I have never been for dinner, only breakfast and that was pretty good. Being on the dining plan makes it just a little better than paying for it out of pocket and hating it.
You guys must have been exhausted. Hopefully you can all sleep in.

Off to tomorrow...

Jeff
11-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Enjoying your reports!
Thanks for posting them.:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
11-27-2007, 11:28 PM
What a fun day. Sorry about 1900 Park Fare, I hope we have a better experience. I'll let you know.

On to read more.....................:mickey:

realtreebar
11-27-2007, 11:52 PM
thanks for sharing!!! "gotta love:mickey:"

DizNee143
11-28-2007, 10:22 AM
wow what a long day!! sounds like you all had a great time!! and it seems where ever you guys turned you knew someone!! thats retty cool!! :mickey: