11-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Cast:
Me-Denise-30
DH-Kevin-34
DS-Collin-7
DS-Landon-5
DM-Sheila-55

Nov. 17th- Day off

Today we slept in a bit. Kevin had golf lessons at the Palms golf course at 11:00. We had a quick breakfast in the room, our pastries from lunch yesterday. Kevin dropped us off at DTD and headed over to his golf lesson. Our first stop was World of Disney. The place was empty. It was so nice getting to look around without huge crowds. We stopped by Team Mickey, the beach shop, Once upon a toy, the kitchen shop, and the Christmas shop. We bought way too much! We went to goofy's candy shop and the boys did the make your own slushie cup. They both made stitch and got the blue slushie and I got the banana slushie. They were all good and refreshing. We then stopped by the $10 and under store and the pet store, where we bought a dog dish. We don't even have a dog, but the boys have been begging for a puppy and we are considerding it. Kevin and I would really like to surprise them with a puppy under the christmas tree Christmas morning. We brought the boys over to the lego store and let them play there for a while. Kevin called to say he was on his way so we headed over to Earl of Sandwich. This is the first time we eat here. It was packed, however the line moved really quickly and in no time at all we had our order and a table. My mom and I had the hawaiian BBQ sandwich, Collin had the pizza sandwich, Landon had the turkey and swiss sandwich, and I ordered Kevin the club sandwich. Our meal was excellent, this place definitely lives up to all the praise! Once again we took our desserts to go, this makes breakfast in the room easy. After lunch we went back to CS and headed straight for the pool. My mom and I didn't feel like having to get ready again for church and Ohana's tonight so we decided to watch. Kevin and the boys had a blast on the slide, while my mom and I found a nice table and umbrella in the shade. The weather was perfect. Sunny and warm with a nice cool breeze. I could have sat there all day! After about an hour my mom and I headed to the gift shop. It is always nice for me to look around/shop without the boys. I can actually look at stuff I want!!! On our way out I decided to walk through the registration area to see if the rest of our group was there yet. Sure enough they were checking in. All 4 of our rooms were located in the same building on the same floor. We swung by the pool to tell Kevin and the boys it was time to go get ready and we headed for the room. Kevin was talking to a man he met at the pool who was from Louisiana. This would repeat itself over and over again on our trip. I swear 25% of the population at WDW this week must have been from Louisiana. We saw LSU hats and shirts everywhere and met so many people from Louisiana. A quick change and we were off again. We went to church and arrived at the Poly just in time to check in for our favorite dinner! The men all sat near the bar to watch the LSU game (with a rather large crowd of LSU fans), while us ladies found a seat next to the man playing the banjo singing. We ordered drinks and enjoyed our wait! We were soon seated and the feast began. We were seated at the same table we sat at last time we had a large party, with a great view of the castle. As usual our meal was wonderful and we couldn't have timed it better. Just as desert was coming out the fireworks started. I don't really care for bread pudding so I asked if they still had the fresh pineapple and caramel. Our CM was nice enough to bring out a huge platter of it and me and the kids wiped it out. All 14 of us once again thought this was the best meal of the trip!! At the same time both my sister in law and I said "Let's go ride the monorail before we leave". We took a quick trip around the monorail loop and felt that the trip had officially begun. We always eat at Ohana and ride the monorail on our first night so until we did that it didn't completely feel like our trip had started. Back at Coronado Springs I noticed that we were only left two washclothes. We are 4 people in the room and have 4 drying towels, why only two washclothes. I called Housekeeping and we were brought two more washclothes promptly. We had a wonderful day and couldn't wait to hit MK tomorrow.

faline
11-26-2007, 01:07 PM
What a nice, relaxed day! You must have been quite a lively group at your O'Hana's dinner! Having such a large group must be lots of fun!

buzznwoodysmom
11-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Yes,
We had a blast. This is the second time we eat at Ohana's with a large group and it is much funner than when we go there alone. I forgot to mention in the report, but my BIL had just celebrated his 40th birthday and his wife mentioned it to the lady that does all the activities. She came to our table and somehow he ended up getting DH and his friend to take his place as honorary limbo stick holder. She had them both dress in grass skirts and wear large lais and had them parade around the place leading the kids with maracas and then they had to hold the limbo stick. What a hoot! We laughed so much that night. What a great way to start off our vacation together. We had a first time visiting family and they were immidiately blown away by all the WDW has to offer. Fun times and great memories!

KylesMom
11-26-2007, 04:10 PM
What a nice relaxing day - and I'm glad to hear that service at Ohana once again lived up to your expectations.

Hey, how did Kevin's golf lesson go? :blush:

mouseketeer mom
11-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Thats so funny buying the dog dish when you don't even have a dog! I understand what you mean about buying way too much at DD. I too, had quite a good time there, especially in World of Disney!

pdrlkr
11-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Here we go again...
11-27-2007, 05:46 PM
What a geat day! It is wonderful that you are getting to relax and finally get some "me" time.

I am sooo hungry for 'Ohana. I have to settle for leftovers tonight. :(

Off to tomorrow!

dolphinmickey9170
11-27-2007, 11:15 PM
What a great beginning! We love O'Hana, and the bigger the party, the better.

On to read more............:mickey:

realtreebar
11-27-2007, 11:52 PM
thanks for sharing!!! "gotta love:mickey:"

DizNee143
11-28-2007, 10:00 AM
sounds like a great shopping day!!! lol..i love DTD!! and omg i had Earl of Sandwich for the first time also in the begining of the month..it was fanstatic!! i cant wait to go and eat there again!! glad you had a great dinner at Ohana's!:mickey: