PDA

View Full Version : Which Pop Section?

BriarRose0708
11-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Hi all! Just want some opinions on the sections of Pop I've never stayed in before. My friend and I will be there in June, and while we both love the resort we've stayed in the 50's section four times between us and want to do something new. We're not doing preferred, so aside from that which buildings do you recommend? We like the quietness of the 50's section, so that's important, but we're indifferent to proximity to classic hall and the buses. Thanks!!

Pipalotta
11-26-2007, 01:34 PM
I had to vote for the 90s since Ive only been once and that is the building we were in. It was quiet, close to parking but not so close to the buses or main hall. We quickly learned to cut across the parking lot as it was much faster than trying to walk along the path.

LizLovesDiz
11-26-2007, 02:20 PM
We have stayed at the 50s and the 70's.I think the 50's is my favorite because we had the pond outside our window one of the times and could see the Epcot Illuminations fireworks.The 70's was ok because it was close to the buses.We are doing preferred this time and I think that it will be either the closest buildings of the 50's and 70's or the one I really want this time,the 60's !
Have a great time ! :mickey:

JPL
11-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I like the 90's because even though it's not a preffered building there is a nice shortcut through the parking lot to the buses and Everything Pop.

Crow
11-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Ive stayed in the 50s all 4 times so thats what id go with

sanchiplus2
11-27-2007, 09:11 AM
We were in 80's last year and 60's this year. Both times, we were not in the "preferred" areas, which I think is better if you want a quieter stay since the "non-preferred" is away from the main hall and pool areas.

As for preference, I liked 80's better because we were closer to the parking lot. Kids liked 60's better because of the Play-Doh, Mowgli, and Baloo (they have no idea who Roger Rabbit is, and a Sony Walkman means nothing to them either). I'd go with 80's or 90's due to the parking lot proximity.

BriarRose0708
11-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks everyone! I should have mentioned we're using Magical Express and no car, so distance to the parking lot is a non-issue. It sounds like the non-preferred sections of the 70's and the 80's rooms are going to work for us! I just hope we have our requests accommodated, but last time I had no problem with that at the front desk. Should I e-mail or fax them anyway?

Tink#64
11-28-2007, 12:51 AM
OK, I didn't cast a vote because we've stayed 3 times in the 60's section, which wasn't included in this poll. I'm not sure with the new status of preferred rooms, but we really like bldg #4 of the 60's section - behind the Play-Do can. We're at the end of the walkway - with a view of HourGlass Lake & SSE! We love it. I think it may be kind of a longer walk for a preferred to the food court & bus stops, but I know that alot of the regular rooms are ALOT further. We love this local & have requested it for the last 2 trips. :thumbsup:

Meghan
11-28-2007, 06:47 PM
I voted for 70's. I've stayed in 50's, 60's, and 70's. 50's is great, but it sounds like you need to try something new! 60's is my favorite, but if you're not doing preferred, then 70's would be a great option! The walk to the pool and food court isn't long.

DisneyAddict62
11-30-2007, 09:17 AM
We just got back last week and this time we were in the 90's. We also used Magical Express, and didn't have a car, but it was a pretty quick walk through the parking lot to the buses and the food court!