PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining for 2008?

PixieChick
11-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Hi,
what are your thoughts? Do you Think Disney will offer the Free Dining Promotion again for 2008? If I remember right they offer it sometime in April and it's for 8/26 to 9/22.
I have to pick my vacation dates for 2008 this week.
Thanks!

(sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place.)

Mickey91
11-26-2007, 10:53 AM
They have already offered it (as I think they did last year) to those who vacationed during that time this year as long as it was booked by the time you checked out. That being said, I would think it to be highly likely that they will offer it again in April. It is a very popular deal. Hope this helps!:mickey:

Tink#64
11-27-2007, 12:55 AM
:confused:I'm sorry, I can't be of help to you. I was so hoping to see some more responses here, as I am wondering the same thing.

I contacted Magical Journeys a couple of weeks ago, after reading so many wonderful things on Intercot. I was contacted by Wendy and she mentioned that in the past WDW has offered the free dining during September. Our anticipated dates are Sept. 26th thru Oct 4th & I shared this info with the MJ site when I made the inital contact. We were considering booking a package through MJ instead of room only & adding hoppers though WDW, which is how I've always done it. We were really excited about the prospect of free dining! Just last week, I went through the archives on Intercot & found the free dining offer last year only running trhough Sept. 22nd. If this was the offer, then it obviously won't do us any good. I was so disappointed a more than a little frustrated! DH & I really got our hopes up that this might be offered again & would be during our visit. But, if WDW follows suit with what they've done in the past, & they make this offer in the spring. In 2007 the "Stay Play & Dine" offer for the fall (thru 9/22) was released in April 2007. Wendy at MJ told me that it has been made public as early as Feb & as late as June - I think! (to the best of my limited recall at almost 1 AM! :blush:).

We're so sad, we were quickly thinking about our budget, DH is on a new job & we can't even think of vacation until end of Sept '08 (really not unitl Oct. '08 - but I'm pushing the envelope because of DS's fall break!), free dining would have been such a blessing. :crying:

I'm wondering if "Mickey91" is thinking of the "Bounceback" offer? I apologize if I'm wrong, but I believe these are 2 different offers through WDW. :confused:

faline
11-27-2007, 05:37 AM
The bounceback offer was offered to Disney guests this fall. In fact, the offer extended to those who were staying at Disney through October 12th and offered free dining for next year if booked by that date.

The last few years, free dining has been offered. The dates have varied a bit but, I believe, the offer has always been available to those who checked in by a certain date. With Disney's new room pricing structure, however, it's possible that an offer of free dining next fall (if offered) might include the necessity to complete one's vacation during the range of dates offered rather than just checking in within that range of dates. This, of course, is totally conjecture on my part!