PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge music....

Sunshine1010
11-26-2007, 02:58 AM
Sometime ago....someone from here gave me the song titles/music for the music that is played at the Wilderness Lodge.

Well, I just downloaded them from iTunes tonight (only about 5 that were not on there)....

Oh my goodness.....the music is AWESOME!!!!

mrsHerbie53
11-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Cool! Can you tell me some of the titles or artists? If you want you could pm me them.

TheRustyScupper
11-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Songs and Sources . . .

"Introduction: The Open Prairie"
"The Open Prairie Again"
"Street in a Frontier Town"
"Prairie Night/Card Game"
Aaron Copland (from the ballet Billy the Kid)

"Buckaroo Holiday"
Aaron Copland (from the ballet Rodeo)

"Walk to the Bunkhouse"
Aaron Copland (from the music of the film Red Pony)

Selections from Appalachian Spring
Aaron Copland (from the Appalachian Spring concert suite)

Selections from The Heiress Suite
Aaron Copland (from the music of the film The Heiress)

"On The Trail"
Ferde Grofé (from Grand Canyon Suite)

"The Buffalo Hunt"
"Ride to Ft. Hayes"
John Barry (from the film Dances With Wolves)

"The Last of the Mohicans" (Main Title)
"Top of the World"
Trevor Jones/Randy Edelman (from The Last of the Mohicans)

"The Big Country" (Main Title)
Jerome Moross (from the classic film The Big Country)

"How The West Was Won" (Main Title)
Alfred Newman (from film How The West Was Won)

"Silverado" (Main Theme)
Bruce Broughton (from the film Silverado)

"Wyatt Earp"
"Wagon Chase"
James Newton-Howard (from the 1990s film Wyatt Earp)

"The Magnificent Seven" (Main Theme)
Elmer Bernstein (from the film The Magnificent Seven)

"Duel in the Sun" (Main Theme)
Dimitri Tiomkin (from the classic film Duel in the Sun)

"Field of Dreams"
James Horner (from the film Field of Dreams)

"The Wave"
Randy Edelman (from the film Angels in the Outfield)

"Mountain Dance"
Dave Grusin (from the album Mountain Dance)

"Sand Creek Memories"
Peter Kater and R. Carlos Nakai (from TV special How The West Was Lost)

"Creation"
Brian Keane (from PBS-TV The Way West)

"Appalachian Morning"
Paul Winter Consort (from the album Earth: Voices of a Planet)

"Dodge City" (theme)
(from the 1930s film Dodge City)

"The Map is Real… And On Fire!"
Marc Shaiman (from the film City Slickers II)

"Siyo Tanka"
Tim Crawford and Paul Stavenjord (from the album Guardian Spirits)

"Earth Day"
Joe Roccisano (from the album The Shape I'm In)

Figaro
11-26-2007, 07:20 PM
If anyone is there for Christmas, the Christmas music there this year is beautiful, also... :mickey:

SgtTigger
11-26-2007, 08:14 PM
AJ have you been bacause we got there on the 15th and they were not playing music.... I went to see why and they said no one could find the CD.... I asked them if they need one since I have one here at home......

So have they started playing the christmas music?????

:cop: :tigger:

Susie in NM
11-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks Rusty for posting the list. I have a couple of Aaron Copland CDs that have a lot of the titles and went to I Tunes and downloaded a few of the others that I really liked i.e. the Theme from the Magnificent Seven, the Big Country, Silverado,Buffalo Hunt and Wyatt Earp. Some of the others I could not find or did not really care for. Now I have a nice set on my I Pod ;)

Susie

Tigger&Stitch
11-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks for posting all the info! I'm torn on whether to look them up..hearing the music might make me sad we can't go back sooner! :confused:

Taja
11-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the list! I haven't been to WL during non-holiday seasons, so had no idea what they play.

I have everything Copland on vinyl--and a few on tape or CD. And I'm familiar with all of the classic titles. Have no clue about the newer ones, though.

Suppose I should go to the cinema more frequently than every 20 years or so? *LOL*

Figaro
11-27-2007, 08:25 PM
AJ have you been bacause we got there on the 15th and they were not playing music.... I went to see why and they said no one could find the CD.... I asked them if they need one since I have one here at home......

So have they started playing the christmas music?????

I work at WL, FW, and CT, so i'm at one of those everyday. They just recently started playing the christmas music. I know they've only recently gotten the resorts all decorated. It actually was the day before Thanksgiving when they really had everything up and finished (atleast at CT & FW). This is my first time back to WL in a while since I haven't been scheduled there in a while. They are playing the christmas music now tho. :thumbsup:

SgtTigger
11-27-2007, 09:02 PM
I work at WL, FW, and CT, so i'm at one of those everyday. They just recently started playing the christmas music. I know they've only recently gotten the resorts all decorated. It actually was the day before Thanksgiving when they really had everything up and finished (atleast at CT & FW). This is my first time back to WL in a while since I haven't been scheduled there in a while. They are playing the christmas music now tho. :thumbsup:

AJ now you tell me you work there......... we could have meet up. Bought you breakfast of a cup of coffee... or just said Hello.......

Figaro
11-27-2007, 10:12 PM
If I had known you were gonna be in these parts, I woulda loved to meet up. Next time your up these ways, let me know. :) :mickey:

LauraleeH
11-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the info...I'm thinking about downloading some songs now.

Is there any way that they can bottle the smell of the resort when you are coming in?! ;)