PDA

View Full Version : Arrival Day The Get ready for Christmas trip report.

SgtTigger
11-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Arrival Day

November 14, 2007 till November 21, 2007

The Get ready for Christmas trip report……..

Cast Me Sgttigger Bret 41 Driver, INTERCOT addiction, and Tigger lover.
Sherrie 41 part time driver, navigator, and Koda lover….

Nov. 14th and 15th

We leave right after Sherrie gets off work and are on the road by 4:00 pm. Right about the time we wanted to leave. Things have not been going as planned as I have been sick all day. But we are on the road anyway. We drive to Tallahassee and that is where we spend the night. I am not feeling well and just want to go to bed. I get to sleep at 12:30 and wake up at 1:05 am……. Not good as I don’t go back to sleep till 5:00 and wake up at 7:00…. We get going and after an hour I ask Sherrie to drive for a while. I sleep for about an hour and wake up and drive the rest of the way. We arrive at the Wilderness Lodge at 12:00pm and Sherrie goes to check in. I let bell services take the luggage and I go parkthe truck. As I am walking back to the lodge I hear my favorite sound at Disney. I can hear the Walt Disney Railroad steam whistle from the parking lot at Wilderness Lodge. I know I have arrived and we are on vacation. I meet up with Sherrie but the room is not ready We go straight to Concierge to check on being Flag Family. They have the morning available that we are leaving… We will take it…….. This is a great start so we are off to find Mousesurplus as we have directions. We get there but they are still getting things together so we don’t really find anything. Off to the outlet mall and Character Premiere. We do get some bargains there and head back for the resort. The room is ready and Sherrie unpacks while I lay on the sofa. After Sherrie is done we head down to the boat for a ride to the Contemporary. Well the boat is headed to Fort Wilderness but that is ok with us. The weather is turning cool and the wind has picked up a lot. The fireworks start as we pull up to the dock at Fort Wilderness. On the way over to the Contemporary we have a great view of the fireworks. Keith our driver slows down so we can see the finale right before we dock. I also realize I am felling a lot better….. that rest on the sofa did a lot of good.
We shop at the Contemporary for a while but buy nothing. We hop the monorail over to the Poly. But we are over an hour early. We walk out to the beach and grab a seat. After a ton of pictures and video I make some calls home and then one special call to Angel (herewegoagain) since she calls me every time she is in Disney and I am not……. I leave a message since she does not answer. We head inside but are still 30 minutes early. Sherrie checks in and as soon as she walks over to me the beeper goes off. We are seated by our cousin and soon we have drinks and then the food starts coming. We eat all the shrimp but do not need more…we also chow down on the wings. Sherrie has some salad and greens….. we both eat a little potatoes. We wait a little while before the meat arrives but it does give us time to let the other food settle. I choose only steak and turkey while Sherrie samples the sausage and pork also. After we have stuffed ourselves the waitress clears the table and then she brings desert. Bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and the best banana foster cream…. Oh my….. I could drink this stuff right out the little pitcher…… I pour that stuff all over the piece I take and go back for another piece so I can get more sauce. We walk out of there full….. No, stuffed………..
Back on the Monorail and then off at the Magic Kingdom to take some more pictures and on to the bus for our very own bus ride back to the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. We decide to walk over to the lodge so we can watch the Christmas party fireworks. We see them great from the 6th floor and go down to the 4th floor for some pictures of the new Christmas tree at the lodge. Yes they have a brand new Christmas tree this year. We end the night by watching the end of the Electric Water Pageant in the distance from Fort Wilderness. After a pass through the gift shop we head back to the room and I finally get to rest…….

Things to do:

eat at Beaches and Cream
eat at Trails End Buffet
See the Osborne Lights at MGM / Disney Studios
Stop at Sid Cahuenga’s One of a Kind Shop and look at what they have.
Go to Boardwalk at nighttime
Go to Campfire at Fort Wilderness Campground

Lets see how we do.

:cop: :tigger:

Here we go again...
11-25-2007, 10:39 PM
I am glad to hear that you were feeling better in time to stuff yourself at 'Ohana. It would have been better if I would have been there though...
Umm... what did you buy me at the outlet mall???
Off to read your first official day!

ElenitaB
11-26-2007, 12:15 AM
Glad to hear that you were feeling better... nothing like being at WDW to get the body in line with the spirit (and a nap, of course)! :mickey3:

Pictures of the new tree at WL, please!

KylesMom
11-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Happy to hear you made the trip ok and that you're feeling better. Congrats on getting the Flag Family slot!!! Onward to read if you were able to do all you wanted on this trip . . . :mickey:

disneydrmr
11-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Was worried when I read you were sick. So glad Disney helped you make a quick recovery!

DisneyorBust
11-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Glad to read that you are feeling better!
Thanks for the report!:thumbsup:

faline
11-26-2007, 04:24 PM
I think it's the pixie dust floating all around Disney World that had you feeling better once you arrived "home"!

Nice start to your trip!

pdrlkr
11-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
11-27-2007, 12:10 AM
So glad to hear you recovered quickly!! It's amazing what a little magic in the air can do when you feel yuckie! Please share your pix and video with us?!? Can't wait to read more. This sounds like a great beginning.:mickey:

realtreebar
11-28-2007, 12:57 AM
thanks for sharing!!! "gotta love:mickey:"

kakn7294
11-28-2007, 03:20 AM
Aww, how nice of you to call Angel! I'm sure she appreciated it. Sounds like a nice first day once you started feeling better. I'm looking forward to the rest of the reports!

DizNee143
12-07-2007, 11:45 AM
sorry you wernt feeling all that great today but ended the day feeling better..hope it stayed that way for the rest of your trip!!
sounds like a great travel first day!! cant wait to hear all about the rest of it!:mickey:

amorillo
12-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Sounds like you're off to a great start. Can't wait read more!

RedheadWriter
12-09-2007, 08:51 PM
:thumbsup: