PDA

View Full Version : Day 4 Free Day The Get ready for Christmas trip report……

SgtTigger
11-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Day 4 Free Day

November 14, 2007 till November 21, 2007

The Get ready for Christmas trip report……..

Cast Me Sgttigger Bret 41 Driver, INTERCOT addiction, and Tigger lover.
Sherrie 41 part time driver, navigator, and Koda lover….

Nov. 18th Free Day

Today is a free day since we wanted to relax….. we are. This was a scheduled day to relax and enjoy some of the things Disney has to offer at our pace. We get up a little early today 8:00 am and go have breakfast at Whispering Canyon Café and it was anything but Whispering. We had the loudest server I have ever had. She was not only picking on our table but all the tables in the place. She was so bad she ran one lady out the place….. man was it funny….. I got a call from work and she made everyone in the restaurant be quiet because she told them I was calling in sick……. Oh and the food was good too….
We then headed for the outlet mall again to look for bargains on Disney stuff. On the way back we stopped at Downtown Disney Marketplace. We were supposed to eat there but once again Earl of Sandwich had a line out of this world. We shopped and left and went back to the lodge to eat. Nothing big, soup for Sherrie and a burger for me. It had gotten warm so we went to the pool and got in for a little while then went to the hot tub. After talking to some other DVC members and comparing stays we head back at the room to get ready for tonight because we are going to the Boardwalk. First we hop the monorail and ride to EPCOT because you just have to ride to EPCOT on the Monorail at least once. Back at the Lodge we take the truck over to the Boardwalk and grab a slice of pizza each from Spoodles window. Afterwards we split a hotdog on the Boardwalk. I really like the Disney Hot dogs… Weird, huh??? We catch a magic show which was great and a juggler then go watch Illuminations- very nice. We catch the magic act again it was different and very nice. The best part of tonight….. except for the food it was FREE. I can not believe we have not made it here before…. we have always wanted to but never did. Well that will all change now because this has become a must do for us. I can see why people stay here or even the Beach Club. You are right by all of this and I could just sit out here and enjoy the night. But since we are not staying here and by now it is 10:00 we need to head back to the lodge for the night. This has been a great day and we still have one more day to go.
Another thing done on our to do list.

Tomorrow Free day but it is also our last day.

Things to do:

DONE eat at Beaches and Cream
DONE eat at Trails End Buffet
DONE See the Osborne Lights at MGM / Disney Studios
DONE Stop at Sid Cahuenga’s One of a Kind Shop and look at what they have.
DONE Go to Boardwalk at nighttimeGo to Campfire at Fort Wilderness Campground

Lets see how we do.

:cop: :tigger:

Here we go again...
11-25-2007, 10:56 PM
I have only been to the Boardwalk once and there was nothing like that going on... of course it was in early November and freezing outside. Maybe no one was there so they did no shows. We will have to put it on our to do list for Thanksgiving week next year.

I am still waiting to hear what you go me at the outlet mall.... :mickey:

ElenitaB
11-26-2007, 12:21 AM
Another relaxing day at WDW. Who said it wasn't possible?

I have only been to the Boardwalk once and there was nothing like that going on... of course it was in early November and freezing outside. Maybe no one was there so they did no shows.
What, Jeanne and I weren't enough of a show for you? :pout:

Here we go again...
11-26-2007, 03:17 AM
What, Jeanne and I weren't enough of a show for you? :pout:
I was talking about the magic act and banjo players I missed with Bret... not the comedy show we had going on. ;)

KylesMom
11-26-2007, 10:59 AM
I really like the Disney Hot dogs… Weird, huh??? Not at all, Bret - there's just something special about Disney hot dogs. Whenever we wanted something quick last summer that's what we'd all gravitate towards!

We've only been to the Boardwalk during the daytime - and while I've heard fun things happen at night, we've never made it over there before. I guess this is another thing we need to put on our list!

Another wonderfully relaxing day - thanks for sharing! :mickey:

disneydrmr
11-26-2007, 11:11 AM
We didn't make it to the Boardwalk when I went.. that is one on my list of things to do on my next trip. You are really relaxing this trip! A lot of 'no park' time...

faline
11-26-2007, 01:17 PM
You're really getting things checked off that to-do list! Very nice day!

MsMin
11-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Whoa another free day... but Uncle Bret I wanna ride space mountain....... We stayed @ the Boardwalk last Christmas and gee I miss it now.. I know I've probably said that in 20 posts but I really really miss it. It was so nice there and they had a handbell choir one night that was magical....
Glad you got to go but we should really all go to Jellyrolls, my kids wouldn't let me go b/c I'm not that kinda mom... what do they think... we are still in WDW???? :confused:

pdrlkr
11-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
11-27-2007, 12:54 AM
Someday maybe we'll make it to the Boardwalk. It sounds like a really great fun time!! Thanks for sharing. How 'bout them pix?

DisneyorBust
11-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Sounds like another great day, relaxing yet still accomplished someting new.:thumbsup:

AbeeNormal
12-04-2007, 05:52 PM
The boardwalk sounds fantastic. I sure wish we had time to go. :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for sharing.:)

amorillo
12-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Another great day! Thanks for sharing!

RedheadWriter
12-10-2007, 10:22 AM
:thumbsup: Nice day, again!!! Sorry I read your reports later than most others.