PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the Swan Pool

deva
11-25-2007, 10:16 PM
We went to POFQ last trip & my kids loved the pool, especially the slide, so much that I'm afraid to stay anywhere else unless the hotel has a great pool & slide.

I'm a teacher & the Swan has a good deal for teachers. I read in the Unofficial Guide that they have the 4th-best room quality of the 26 Disney resorts. Thus, staying at the Swan would make sense for me, except...

I need to find out about the pool at the Swan. Does it have a slide? zero-entry? Is it warm (we'll be there in October)? Big? More than one pool? Any other tidbits/facts would be great.

Thank you.

MOJoe
11-26-2007, 01:38 PM
I've stayed at both the POFQ and the Swan and Dolphin. A nice pool area is a must for me and mine. So here goes. The Swan and Dolphin share a pool complex. The Swan has a traditional rectangular olympic sized pool with no slide. A short walk away (by Disney standards) is the Grotto pool by the Dolphin. It has a large waterfall over a ledge which kids love to swim through, and a very nice slide through a short "cave". The slide is a little longer than the one at POFQ, and as a middle aged dad, i didn't feel embarrassed to be seen on. The pool is not zero entry, but is a large freeform, with bridges spanning it. Very tasteful. More adult oriented. I like it alot. I like the pool bar at the POFQ, but all things considered, the Grotto pool is the better complex.
My wife is also a teacher, and in my opinion, with the discount you get, this is a great deal, at a first class resort, in a prime location. Enjoy!