PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge concierge info

mouseketeer mom
11-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone!
Just back from the Contemporary resort and the Poly yesterday! I'll do my trip report soon, but...we are heading back in April for a short visit. My husband suggested the Wilderness Lodge. We stayed there once before in a deluxe room (there are 5 of us) and once in a villa. When we stayed in the deluxe room, it was before concierge was offered to deluxe room guests, and now its part of the deluxe room category.
Who can tell me about that? Are all of the deluxe rooms now on the same level as concierge? Our deluxe room 2 years ago was on the first floor in the corner by the lake and pool. It's my understanding concierge is on an upper floor??:confused: How does it work? And what are the lounge and offerings like? Just wondering if we would be anywheres near the lounge and all of that good stuff! Thanks!

Tinkerbellfan
11-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Hello -

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge conceirge a few years back and are headed back in exactly one week. I can't speak to the deluxe room location but I was very happy with the food offerings - of course, my stay was before the lounge was re-done so the latte and hot chocolate machine wasn't available.

Breakfast was the normal offerings - cereal, pasteries, fresh fruit, coffee, teas and so on. Last time, we ate breakfast at the lounge every other day. That is our plan this time too. We have ADRs scheduled for the rest of the mornings.

The daily snacks included gummy candy, cookies, ice tea, lemonade, cookies and fresh fruit, soda and water.

The appetizers were a soup and hot appetizer (wings, ribs) from one of the WLs two restaurants, vegies and dip, crackers and cheese, wine and beer, plus water and soda.

For dessert, there were cookies and brownies and something fresh from one of the WL two restaurants. I remember one night it was the Berry Cobler from Artist Point. It was very yummy. And of course, the wine and cordials were available!

The conceirge service at WL has been great with the planning. They booked all of our ADRs even though I generally plan our stuff but they were able to book my ARDs before the 180 marks so we got everything. And, they also booked our Wildlife Excusion at AK.

Good luck deciding!

TammiMcMan
11-25-2007, 11:22 PM
The deluxe rooms are not on the same floor as the concierge lounge. What you'll need to do, is walk to the elevator and insert your room key into the slot before pressing the club level floor.

Tinkerfreak
11-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Tammi are all the standard club level rooms on the same floor as the club lounge? We stayed there concierge a few years ago and were right around the corner from the lounge so we found we utilized it much more because it was always on the way to or from werever we were going.
I figured if anyone had this info it would be you.
Thanks!

TammiMcMan
11-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Tammi are all the standard club level rooms on the same floor as the club lounge?Yes, the standard concierge rooms are on the same floor. There have probably been instances where they were not, for example, a room maintenance issue, but normally, you'd be on the same floor.

Tinkerbellfan
12-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi-

I just returned from a stay at the Wilderness Lodge concierge and all I can say is WOW. The new lounge is great - much better set up than the old lounge. I was really impressed with the food offerings throughout the day. I would highly recommend staying here/

TheRustyScupper
12-09-2007, 11:37 AM
1) Club Floor is the 7th floor.
. . . access via elevator
. . . access via stairs overlooking lobby
2) Standard CL rooms are on the 7th floor.
3) Deluxe rooms are not on the 7th floor.
4) Lounge has food 7:00am-10:00pm; coffee from 6:30am
. . . different offerings throughout the day
. . . offerings are weak from about 10:30am-3:0pm
5) Lounge seating overlooks the lobby (GREAT at Christmas time).
6) ADR advance planning (IPO) is not done by WL, but by the Poly.

NOTE: Club Floor lounges have food from 7:00am-10:00pm, as the CM's work schedules are staggered at 6:30am-10:30pm. This allows 1/2-hr for prep and cleanup.