PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to someone

Caroleh
11-25-2007, 09:57 AM
I want to do some Christmas shopping for my DD while at WDW. Is it possible to buy all my stuff at different stores and pay shipping for everything instead of paying for shipping for each item? She's given me a very long list!!

Piglet822
11-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Carol, I found this response from CaptainJessicaSparrow in another shipping thread. I think it answers your questions. And thanks to Jessica, a WDW Merchantainment CM :thumbsup:

Yes you can. It's called post-sale shipping. You just need to have your receipt and the items you want to send. Let the cashier know and they will take care of it for you.

When you fill out the forms, there will be a To and From spot. Put you as From, and whomever you want as To.

I'm pretty certain it will be packed and shipped, but it may not have X-mas paper on it. In fact, I'm about 99% certain it won't. Most things are sent from the warehouses but you can ask the CM's to wrap up the items with tissue paper and put them into a box if they fit.

But as others have pointed out, if you send after each purchase, the sales tax will be removed and you'll only pay shipping. Otherwise, you'll pay for both shipping and tax on the order if you do it all at once.

Also, for each address that the items are being sent to will be seperate shipping charges - so all of Johnny's presents will be $10 to ship and Sally's will be $50. So you might be better off sending it one at a time anyways.

At larger locations such as World of Disney, Mousegears and Emporium - they are all one shop, despite the size. So you can take the merch from one area to the next as long as you don't go outside. This might help in getting all of the merch for one person first and then getting the others so you can take advantage of not paying tax.

wendy*darling
11-25-2007, 10:52 AM
If you are shopping in mutiple parks/stores, the easiest way to do this is to have everything sent back to your resort room, then pack it all in one box and ship it UPS/FedEx from the front desk. They have the paperwork to ship things out and will assist you. I am not sure about where to get the box, unless you pack one (broken down) in your luggage. Don't forget packing tape and and label.
I have shipped to and from the resorts. But since I usually am shipping back in the same box I sent, I haven't encountered the box issue.
I bet the front desk could help with that as well...

Edited to add: if anything you are purchasing is large and/or fragile- let them ship it for you right at the point of purchse. Disney does a great job of protecting and packing fragile items for shipping. And if it breaks- they will replace it. Not so if you pack and ship it yourself.

Caroleh
11-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Thank you!!!

Pirate Granny
11-25-2007, 02:39 PM
I purchase glass ornaments last visit and the day before I was leaving, decided that it would be better shipped than me taking...so, if you go to the store in your resort (yep, the Pop Century handled mine)...if you have all the receipts, they will take everything and ship in one big shipment...so...shop away if you want and have it all sent to the hotel, then leave time the day before you go and have the resort ship it to you...they will handle repackaging and boxing for you.
:pirate:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-25-2007, 07:09 PM
You guys are welcome for the info I gave! For the record as a side note - all shipments sent before December 7th will be sent out in time for X-mas. All others after may or may not make it in time for the holidays and there is no guarantee.