PDA

View Full Version : Review of Tony's Town Square

JerseyMouse
11-25-2007, 07:13 AM
Loved it!!! The only thing we really didn't care for was the waiting area, we felt like sardines, I was hoping for one of those pagers, but they never gave us one.

I had the pasta with seafood in the sauce, almost like a fra diablo, DW had eggplant. We also had the calamari appetizer, which was excellent! The service was quite good as well, although the restaurant was quite crowded (I had forgoten about it being Veterans' Day) we were seated within 5 minutes of our AD time, and served promptly after that.

Definitely a must do on future trips!!:number1:

#1donaldfan
11-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Good report!!! We make it a must stop at least once a trip. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
11-25-2007, 12:53 PM
It's been a few years since I ate at Tony's but I enjoyed it :mickey:

SBETigg
11-25-2007, 12:59 PM
I've never tried Tony's. The reviews aren't always so glowing. I'm so glad to see that someone had a great time there. Thanks for the report.

kakn7294
11-25-2007, 05:28 PM
We ate there in August and enjoyed it as well. I had the spinach and beef cannelloni with the cream and marinara sauces and thought it was great. We were disappointed that we were seated outside in August with a storm brewing but it turned out great. The storm never hit and we were able to enjoy people-watching the folks coming in dressed for the P&P party that night. It was one of my favorite meals from that trip.

amorillo
11-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Sounds yummy! We'll be trying Tony's for the first time on our upcoming trip! I can't wait!

Jared
11-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Jerry, you, your wife and I have similar tastes! I would have trouble choosing between the seafood pasta and eggplant. Which do you think was better?

I've never eaten at Tony's Town Square because the reviews are always lackluster, and my family is used to great Italian food for half the price in New York, but I may reconsider my stance after reading your impressions.

Thanks for taking the time to post!

:tasty:

January-2007
11-28-2007, 02:02 PM
We also loved our meals at Tony's Town Sqaure, thanks for the review!

Rodders
11-29-2007, 12:40 PM
That's my planned first meal for our next trip. I'm glad to hear that some people have enjoyed it :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-29-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it!

DD asked to go there during our next trip, and I've kinda had my fingers crossed about how it will turn out...so I'm really happy to read a good review.

lightyearfan
11-29-2007, 12:55 PM
im happy to see a nice report me and dw have our ADR for Tony's on our upcoming trip, and the last time that we ate there, it wasn't so hot, but we're getting back on the horse and giving it another try.

VIctor

JerseyMouse
11-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Jerry, you, your wife and I have similar tastes! I would have trouble choosing between the seafood pasta and eggplant. Which do you think was better?

I've never eaten at Tony's Town Square because the reviews are always lackluster, and my family is used to great Italian food for half the price in New York, but I may reconsider my stance after reading your impressions.

Thanks for taking the time to post!

:tasty:

Jared,

I really don't care for eggplant, but DW loves it, and raved about it at Tony's, my seafood pasta was excellent, I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either choice, based on our experiences!

laprana
11-29-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm also happy to hear a good review! We'll be eating at Tony's for the first time on Dec. 9 and was a little worried based on what I've read in other posts, but yours was very encouraging! Thanks for the great review! :mickey:

Mom2princesses
11-29-2007, 10:22 PM
We also loved Tony's! We went this past August and I was worried after reading some of the negative posts. But it was excellent. I had the eggplant as well. It was delicious. Our server was super too! My dh left him a extra big tip because he was so good.

Glad to hear other people had a great time! We loved it and we will go back again.