PDA

View Full Version : amtrak auto train

mouselover93
11-25-2007, 12:55 AM
goin away next saturday 2 disney on the auto train/just wondering if any1 nows if the food is good for 1st class and if the family bed room is a good size cuzit me ( a chubby 14 year ) my sis ( skinny tig 17 year old ) my mom ( skinny 54 year old ) and my dad ( fat 55 year old ) so i was just wondering if its big decent size or small :mickey:?

brewcrew26
11-25-2007, 07:32 AM
We rode the AutoTrain like 10 years ago. I was 17 at the time and we went with my 16-year-old best friend and my older brother.

We didn't stay in one of the rooms. We just stayed in the coach seats. It was kinda fun. We spent most of our time in the recreation car that had movies and cards and games and stuff.

The food was good. I remember having pasta or something and my friend didn't want what was on the normal menu, so they let her order dino chicken nuggets from the kid's menu. They were actually really good.

Space-wise the seats were nice. I got a fair amount of sleep but it was such a short time that we probably wouldn't have used an actual room much if we did need it. But, if you want the extra privacy then that's a good option.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-26-2007, 11:34 AM
I can't help you, but I'd love to hear all about your trip on the Auto Train.

We've booked our tickets for May, two bedrooms (one for DH and me, and one for DD and DM)...we're looking forward to it...so much easier than driving!

mickey&missy
11-26-2007, 04:35 PM
We took the auto train in 05, we had the family suite.

It's not big. But in comparison to the other rooms its luxurious! There is, from what I remember, a larger twin size bed on the back wall, a smaller twin size above that, then there is a smaller "bed" on the outside wall, I think there's another smaller "bed" above that. You may be a little cramped ;) But there's a lounge after the dining area.

The dinner was very good. The breakfast was your normal run of the mill continental breakfast, nothing special.

It's a cool way to travel. You get on in the afternoon and your in Fl the next morning.

It was a little difficult for DH and I to sleep. The train slows, speeds up, stops, goes over bridges and crossings. Its a little loud and bumpy. DD was 4 at the time and DS was 2 and they slept very well.

No matter what it's fun and a completely different experience!

Have a great vacation!!

NJRRK
12-04-2007, 05:29 PM
It's going to be too small for the 4 of you.

The "children's beds" are only a little over 4' long.

Get your parent to try and get two Standard Bedrooms for you all, you'll actually be able to try and sleep that way.

We (me, DW, DS13, DD17) did two Standard Bedrooms, right across the hall from each other and we were quite comfortable.

Oh and BTW the food in the "First Class" dining room is quite good. I had a petite filet mignon and shrimp in one direction and a sirloin steak in the other, both were cooked to my liking, rare (very rare, almost mooing rare).

mouselover93
12-17-2007, 02:22 AM
hey guys thanks for all your help we never stayed in the family room untill 2 weeks ago. the food awesome. i generally hung out with my dad in the smokin room we were up till 2 talking to the conductor on the northbound.the beds way to small i had 2 convince my dad northbound to sleep with my mom cuz im 14 and im about 6ft 2in and i still barely had in the adult bed anyroom i still have 2 crack my knees

speedmouse93
02-09-2008, 12:06 PM
hey its me speedmouse93. haha i told you that you posted something. write back:mickey::sulley: haha wat the heck